Introducing the Silver Novatrooper

I really dig this Ty. I was just thinking about it earlier today while repairing my Nova. Well-done sir.

now what did we decide to call this guy?

• 2 weeks later...

Did this get approved Ty? And what is this nova called?

Nice one Ty!!! Time to add another to the collection. Glad you did it first. I thought it was grey not silver. Looks awesome mate!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the wait... Been way too busy with work lately. Had some managers wuss out of their shifts so I've had to pick up their slack... Between closing and opening the store and being sick the last couple weeks, I have been really exhausted so haven't had much progress on anything.

I'll send another message to my GML soon since it appears he might have missed them... Sorry to keep you guys waiting!!

Fivezero

:D

Well no news yet, but here's a pic from a con a couple weeks ago... Trooped with my Elite as well (hence why the pouches are still on, they're somewhat permanently attached...) People were definitely digging the silver, also confused fellow troopers too (they were used to my gold stripes). :)

8760156102_e63365d228_o_zpscd76164f.jpg

Hmm. I haven't seen your submission pop-up on the GML forums yet. You might nudge your GML Ty.

Luckily Bavery, I had to rip the pouches off this morning to take some more photos (my GML didn't like my other ones........), so I took some quick pics to show you my setup.

I simply use electrical tape (a couple layers of it) across the loops on the pouches. Then using more tape I attach to the chest just under the shoulder straps. Cheap, easy to do and it's a bit adjustable if it isn't quite right. They are also "somewhat permanent" since I can cut it off any time for other troopers or I can leave it on for a long time (it'll last about a year surprisingly). I used to have them attached to my pack straps, but they slid around too much and I haven't worn my pack in a long time so needed something different. Anyway here's some pics to show it!

105463ac-9558-4a95-a653-6ce58c4c7367_zps9d9457ec.jpg

59cf62f5-b698-4af2-9f59-f554fdd2c51b_zps3c0a5676.jpg

As for the Silver Nova, my GML didn't like my first set of pics and asked if I could retake them. Luckily it's my day off so I got some new ones taken just now, hopefully he likes these.....

Fivezero