magma boots

Is it possible to post a pic? I dont have an FISD and i really dont want to make one....

Dorothy is Spec Ops 100%

Dorothy is Spec Ops 100%

lol I actually have a bounty hunter guild, JRS, and clonetrooper detachment ids but the only one i use is the bounty hunter since im working on a deathwatch costume. :) Its too much time to log on to every single one of them things but i spend most my time on spec ops of course we are awesome yay!

Those boots look pretty good. I guess they must have had enough of a need which im surprised considering we dont have alot of magmas. At least it makes it easier for folks look for boots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just ordered a pair said will be mid march before they start on them i wear a US 12 he suggested get a 13 a garrison member wears a us 12 and ordered a pair of 12 TK he said their a bit tight and wished he'd known and gotten 13's just FYI

Good to know about the sizing. I look forward to hearing how you like them.

Hmm, this is very interesting! As a big footed guy, I have a lot of trouble finding any kind of boots in my size, let alone stuff for troopers. I might see if they can do some dark gray boots for my TFU Shadow. :)

I am really looking forward to seeing the color against an ATA magma. I have a magma on order, but only planned to build the helmet and leave the rest for a rainy day, but if the color is good, I might think about going all out!

• 2 weeks later...

So, my red gentlemen, they have finally arrived. Construction vise, they look amazing.

I just took a couple of pictures with my cellphone down in the basement. I'll try and take a photo outdoors tomorrow to get more natural lighting.

20150303_190631_800x600.jpg

But the color is a different game. It's not easy getting just the right color of red, but this leather is just to orange and to bright.

20150303_190904_800x600.jpg

As you can see, the red elastic is almost spot on in color. But the leather is not.

20150303_190719_800x600.jpg

• Like 1

I would send those photos to Francois and let him know.

I can tell you from my own first hand experience with dying boots red. I've been trying since October. Magma armor red is unbelievably hard to match in leather. These, although they look off as pointed out, are the best thing I've seen without just spray painting the boots to get the proper color.

I can tell you from my own first hand experience with dying boots red. I've been trying since October. Magma armor red is unbelievably hard to match in leather. These, although they look off as pointed out, are the best thing I've seen without just spray painting the boots to get the proper color.

Painted my boots with specified leather paint and I was able to get extremely close.

http://forum.specops501st.com/index.php?/topic/3095-magmatrooper-boot-paint-advice/

Here is what I did. I will post a pic in the next few days to see the boot color up close but if you check my thread in the Imperial Dragons you can see how they came out:

http://forum.specops501st.com/index.php?/topic/2694-deathmos30s-kill-count-80/

• 2 weeks later...

I use Meltonian boot paint. I believe the color is bright red. I'll get the numbers off the can and post the info soon. I really like the color match with my red armor.

But, I do have to repaint the boots about once/year. I'd like to try the acrylic paint from Angelus someone mentioned and see if it lasts longer.

EDIT: It is Meltonian 621 Bright Red.