Novatrooper Medic

Fivezero

Since I already have most of the pieces that are needed, I thought I might as well use them to try and get the Nova Medic approved. As I finish sculpting over the arm pieces and the helmet for my Darktrooper project, I'll paint them black and red, woot! I plan just swapping out the red striped parts with my gold parts on my Nova.

So while I'm sculpting Darkt. pieces I figured I'll try and experiment with different red paints to get the red color for the stripes. First up is Regal Red from Rustoleum. Once my scrap piece of plastic is dry (I painted it black), I'll put a stripe of this and another red to compare them.

100_4868-1.jpg

I also realized after looking at the pictures that I'm going to need drop boxes. So I dug mine out from the depths of my room. I figured I would never need them, so they're a little beat up from being tossed around.

100_4866-1.jpg

I'll keep you guys updated.

Fivezero

:D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the Darktrooper isn't scrapped :lol: That is still my primary focus right now. Right now I'm sculpting over TK parts for the Darktrooper parts like the forearms, biceps, shoulders and the helmet. As I finish sculpting them and making molds for the Darktrooper parts, I'll clean the TK parts and paint them black and red since these are pretty much all of the pieces I need except for the calf/knee plate and new hand plates. I was then going to exchange the red parts with my gold parts on my Nova and we have a Nova Medic.

I wouldn't have used the TK parts when I was done anyway so I'm just putting them to good use when I'm finished sculpting over them. This is kind of a side project as I work on the Darktrooper.

Fivezero

Mmm sweet. Red and black is awesome. Home Garrison colours FTW! Maybe I'll do one of these too when I get in black ;) . Eventually.

Dito. would look great to have 1 or 2 for Redback garrison. And extremely awesome if everyone did one. :teehee:

Okay a word of warning before going through with this.

Pay close attention to the color of the stripes:

screenShot0451.jpg

Maybe it's just my monitor, and I'll take another look on my desktop later, but these do not seem like basic red stripes, they almost seem more like a funky purple. I believe dark Novatroopers wear the same color. The color WILL keep this from being approved. Dartoftruth's swamp trooper's approval is currently being delayed for closer color matching.

If they are in fact red and the picture's color is distorted for some reason then be sure you get some pictures that show the correct color.

If I figure out how to change the shin stripe on the AM armor, I may pick this up as well. Always room for another Nova variant!

(I'm always going to be watching your Dark Trooper progress, as I want a Dark Novatrooper, and is planned to tackle after Vader next year)

-iz

Don't worry Izzi I'm paying attention to the color. I will be playing around with it a lot to get the right color. I just thought I would see if any colors would be close right out of the can (which I figured they wouldn't be and aren't after playing around a little bit). I think I might try some pinks next to see how they compare. But definitely won't paint the armor until I find/make the right color and see what you guys think about it (just to be sure).

Fivezero

I also realized after looking at the pictures that I'm going to need drop boxes. So I dug mine out from the depths of my room. I figured I would never need them, so they're a little beat up from being tossed around.

100_4866-1.jpg

I'll keep you guys updated.

Fivezero

If you look at the screen caps of the Elite Nova Troopers, they have drop boxes also. The concept art doesn't though, which I assume is why Izzi chose not to use them.

I am debating using the drop boxes as they can help hide some gaps.

• 2 weeks later...

So I spent the first part of this week cleaning up my helmet from my Darktrooper helmet attempt.

DSCF0002-1.jpg

Then I spent the last couple days actually assembling the thing. Hope to get it painted black this weekend.

DSCF0005-1.jpg

Last week I got the drop boxes together (no pics, sorry). Also found a prospective paint color from Sherwin Williams. It's called Kirsch Red. Might work, what do you guys think?

KirschRed-NovaMedic-1.jpg

Anyway that's all for now

Fivezero

I'd say that red looks pretty dang close. Have you found some in-game shots of them walking around?

-iz

Well I spent a few hours looking over the last couple weeks and found nothing, these guys are pretty hard to find. But as I was about to end my hunting trip last night, I was able to stumble across one. Unfortuanately I was on duty, so I got into combat with them. I picked the best looking screenies and put them in the album with the other pics. I do have others if you want them.

http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/ac308/Fivezero50/SWG%20Armor%20and%20Nova%20Variants/

Fivezero

Yes Very Cool stuff five zero. Can't wait to see the medic. When money permits I'll be building one for my wife. She likes the color scheme alot. So where can I get that spray paint? Anywhere in particular or online only?

-thanks