Death Trooper Reference Photos

Here's the Hi Res versions of the Entertainment Weekly photos. I cropped some sections last week and made collage photos of each area. I'll try to do the same with some of the Celebration photos I downloaded over the weekend.

dtrooper_crop2_zpsvbe4glu5.jpg

dtrooper_crop1_zpsbbsynqup.jpg

dtrooper_crop3_zpsletoan3j.jpg

Torso:

Deathtrooper%20-%20Torso%20Collage_zpscuky5ecb.jpg

Right Arm:

Deathtrooper%20-%20Forearm%20Right%20Collage_zps3bdufhtn.jpg

Left Arm:

Deathtrooper%20-%20Forearm%20Left%20Collage_zpsrspkeskx.jpg

Cod & Belt:

Deathtrooper%20-%20Cod%20amp%20Belt%20Collage_zpsruvzc8y0.jpg

Shoulder:

Deathtrooper%20-%20Shoulder%20Collage%201_zpssmouxuw0.jpg

Deathtrooper%20-%20Shoulder%20Collage%202_zpsvocdbf42.jpg

Shin:

Deathtrooper%20-%20Shin%20Collage%201_zpsotsctnu1.jpg

Thigh:

Deathtrooper%20-%20Thigh%20Collage%202_zpskcwcqbxi.jpg

Deathtrooper%20-%20Thigh%20Collage%201_zps6ye5avhs.jpg

Side View:

Deathtrooper%20-%20Shoulder%20And%20Back%20Collage%20Side%20View_zpsgiimqrhy.jpg

• Like 2

I took a bunch of photos at CE available here:

https://www.flickr.c...157668304947273

Feel free to download the full resolution versions.

I've been trying to figure out the boots all week. They are clearly Dr Martins because of the sole. However they are not ones in the current range. There's 2 that are close but not 100% there. There's a seam at the top of where a shoe would stop (unless they are actually shoes?) and the rear tab isn't right on anything they currently do.

I've also noticed the "rubber" like material used for the neck seal and some of the gaskets is a cloth covered rubber/neoprene material (There's a cut edge in one of my photos). My Anovos neck seal is looks like the same material type for this so it is probably commercially available if I can figure out what it's called. This also seems to be used on the shoe covers.

The under suit is the same as the shore, which is a "jersey" type fabric with the lines sewn into it. This might have been made for the production but it's certainly not corduroy as some suspected from the photos.

Sorry for the brain dump but I wanted to get it out before I forget it all.

I took a bunch of photos at CE available here:

https://www.flickr.c...157668304947273

Feel free to download the full resolution versions.

I've been trying to figure out the boots all week. They are clearly Dr Martins because of the sole. However they are not ones in the current range. There's 2 that are close but not 100% there. There's a seam at the top of where a shoe would stop (unless they are actually shoes?) and the rear tab isn't right on anything they currently do.

Thank you so much for the Hi-Res shots Chris! Your picture of the shoe just help me confirm what I've found this week. I've been having doubts about the Mayer shoe since it was sourced. I believe the shoe is a Dr. Marten "Jered". They are a padded top shoe with the 3/4 height tab. I've been thinking this since the tab always seemed to be below the ankle arch line.

Here's your pic vs that model:

28268366542_920f872abe_o_zpsftplwgnj.jpg

31025_119_zoom3_zpsiadlxdoy.jpg

• Like 1

I picked up a pair of Dr Martin Mayer Style boots which are very similar. In fact initially I, and some on RPF, thought were the base boot. I tend to agree with you now but as the top of the boot is hidden by the shin armour I think I will stick with the Mayer ones.

Screenshot_2016-07-19-23-03-58_zpsdadjfoxj_edit_1468965948504_zpsaviyof5o.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We have taken this thread a little off topic so I'll steer it back on track by adding a link to my photobucket folder containing my reference shots:

http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/marktoots/library/Rogue%20One%20Death%20Trooper/Reference%20Pictures

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone got any leads on some good pretty close to accurate buckles for the shoulder straps? Someone tracked down the actual stuff to a military site on the R1 Trooper Armory facebook group, but the site didn't actually sell the stuff from the looks of it.

• Like 1

How would a belt buckle like this work for the bottom part of the strap buckle? The only difference is that it has rounded edges, but do you think this would work for a basic approval once we have a CRL up and running (if course this would need to be painted aluminum)?

http://www.ebay.com/...HcAAOSwZVlXsLOz

I'm hoping we'll have the basic approval in the CRL as well, just like the Kylo Ren CRL.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone have good shots of the small pouch (leatherman pouch) on the DT's left hip?

Hi Greg

I asked te same question in another thread on here! Sadly it seems not :( All the shots I have are pretty poor quality but I have worked out that it is made of a thick bridle or hide leather and has no visible stitching except maybe where the body of the pouch joins the back. The back and flap are one continuous piece which is wider than the body.

All the images I have I will post in the belt thread.

• Like 1