Tommy's DT Blastech E-11D Blaster build

Hi there,

I have loved the look of the Rogue One Death Trooper Blaster ever since I saw the first pics and trailer and also the Death Trooper armour which my build thread is on here also.

Anyway I was thinking of ways to get it started, PVC pipe adding some parts from E-11's. Some of the parts are real world found parts such as the rear stock, tactical torch and shoulder strap buckles.

Then I thought gee I 3D print stuff why not do that...haha. So I tried my hand at designing it in 123D design and lets just say there were several expletives thrown at the monitor.

I have a really good mate Marty who is an Industrial 3D designer who has helped me before with some 3D modelling, he is a massive SW fan and has an eye for designing blasters.

So with reference pics in hand and the Hot Toys figure which has a fantastically detailed Blaster, it was off to see the wizard.

Here is his awesoke 3D render that he designed, absolutely fantastic job.

14975848_10155384588647786_108878035_o_zps16sc6g9l.jpg

Here is an exploded view of all the parts.

DT%20Blaster%20STL%20exploded%20view_zpsisla21su.jpg

So with these awesome STL files it was off to the printer and much sanding.

In the mean time I ordered a torch and the buckles of Ebay however I was not able to get the real stock.

Not only did Marty do an awesome job on the model he also put a list of hex screws together so you can assemble it without glue and a PDF for the vinyl stickers that go on the blaster.

Here it is assembled with the torch, buckles, 6 mm rod for the stock and hex screws.

20161030_140339_zpsijkds8rb.jpg

20161030_140509%20-%20Copy_zpslqnviemq.jpg

Next step was to get some paints, always my go to brand is Rustoleum grey primer and for this blaster matt black.

I also picked up some Tamiya Metallic Aluminium for the front of the blaster muzzle.

Then I had a think about how I was going to weather the burnt metal look onto the front of the barrel.

Tamiya make a weathering kit #D it has a burnt Blue and Red I also watched a YouTube video on how to use it.

I also needed a metallic violet colour to complete the weathering effect, so I raided my wife's make up and it worked a treat....it really set off my eye's.....Ha Ha just kidding Red is more my colour....no I mean on the barrel.

20161115_213238_zpsqoq5qnq4.jpg

So after a couple of coats of primer and several coats of matt black and some sanding it was time to apply the the metallic aluminium to the front of the muzzle.

I just used a light coats of the Aluminium and Black to give it a gradual effect.

Then I started on the burnt weathering effect, I just rubbed on the colours with the applicator and then blended them into each other with my finger.

I then assembled the blaster using several different sized hex bolts.

I bought some red and white vinyl wrap cut out the decals from the PDF that was created and applied them.

I also purchased some scrap red and yellow perspex cut and sanded this to fit.

Finally I did some dry brush weathering with silver and she was done.

2_zps6pflnjhe.jpg

10_zpssgna2hko.jpg

3_zps4uurzeod.jpg

4_zpssxwm9ihj.jpg

9_zpsvbcoqqha.jpg

7_zpsm1hwkdwa.jpg

12_zpsjvtlllav.jpg

Thanks for taking a look and I hope you like it.

Cheers Tom

• Like 8
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wich buckles have you ordered ?

Are you offering the STL files ?

With regards to my STL files for the E-11D and all my Death Trooper files I sell them.

If you are interested please send me a PM on Facebook (Tom Campbell or TDK Props)

Cheers Tom

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...