Battlefront Shadow Stormtrooper CRL Work (Complete)

Description: Battlefront Shadow Stormtrooper

Prefix: TX

Detachment: Spec Ops Detachment

Context: Star Wars Battlefront

In stark contrast to the standard Stormtrooper, Shadow Stormtroopers are equipped with all black armor. This unique colored armor provides them with the benefit of stealth, carry flash grenades and are the most dangerous enemies in the game.

In the page below, items listed in blue are recommended features that will improve the quality of the costume. Items listed in red are intended to further enhance the finished costume.

For 501st membership only the requirements in black need to be met.

Special Notes:

• The armor parts shall be made from one of these types of materials or like materials: Fiberglass, ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), or HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene).
  • Armor must be glossy
  • Blasters are not required for legion membership per our weapons policy.
  • FX armor may be not used for level 3 approval
  • FX helmet is no longer permitted for new approvals

Required Costume Components

The following costume components must be present and appear as described below for approval

Helmet

For 501st approval:

• Lenses must be sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumers' eyes. They are bubbled and mirrored. Acceptable colors are: black.
  • The body of the ears are black. The bars have three to four bumps and are black.
  • The frown must have either 6 or 8 teeth cut out and any coloring must not leave the indented area. Acceptable colors are: silver. If there are spaces between the teeth the wearers face must not be seen.
  • The tube stripes are blue in color and may number between 9 and 15 per side with the curve bends extending backwards. These may be hand painted or decals.
  • Vocoder (vertically ribbed chin detail) is silver.
  • The aerators (cylinders on either side of the vocoder) are black and the screening is black.
  • Traps (trapezoids on dome of helmet) and tears (area beneath corners of eyes lenses) may be hand painted, decals. Acceptable colors are: black.

Neck Seal

For 501st approval:

• Black with horizontal ribs, fitted to the wearer, and extending from the base of the neck to conceal the entire neck.

Under Suit

For 501st approval:

• Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos.

Shoulder Straps

For 501st approval:

• These must be securely mounted in the front and in the back.

Shoulder Armor

For 501st approval:

• One on each shoulder. The shoulder bells are considered effectively symmetrical; they may be worn interchangeably on the left and right shoulders.

Upper Arm Armor

For 501st approval:

• Biceps are fully closed.

Forearm Armor

For 501st approval:

• Forearms must appear to be fully sealed and enclosed

Hand Plates

For 501st approval:

• Roughly squared in shape with rounded edges, the hand plates are mounted securely over the back of the glove.

Gloves

For 501st approval:

• Black in color, made of either rubber, nomex, leather, or leather-like material, with no visible straps or logos/designs. The fingers are enclosed, non-textured.

Chest Armor

For 501st approval:

• Overlaps the abdominal armor
  • Has a white imperial cog that is 3†to 3.5†in diameter on the left breast area of the abdominal armor
  • A black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip is present around all edges

Back Armor

For 501st approval:

• Black plate contains the “O II design with little or no overlap of the kidney plate.

Abdomen Armor

For 501st approval:

• The abdomen armor has a button area with 9 gloss black buttons approximately 7/16†in diameter.
  • Abdomen armor button detail is inverted compared to ANH/ESB

Kidney & Posterior Armor

For 501st approval:

• A single kidney/posterior armor piece is not allowed
  • The kidney and posterior are combined/fused to a single plate/one piece
  • There is no gap between the posterior and kidney armor.

Belt

For 501st approval:

• Belt face is made of plastic (ammo) belt. It is comprised of 6 rectangular boxes with no square buttons.
  • Belt proper is made of black canvas or similar heavy material may be also used and must be 2 to 2.5†wide.
  • The drop boxes dangle from the sides of the plastic belt via black straps and are aligned under the plastic tabs of the ammo belt.
  • Drop boxes are 5.5" long and 2.5" wide

Thermal Detonator

For 501st approval:

• (a.k.a O2 canister) attaches to the back of the belt. This is an all-black cylinder 2 to 2.5†in diameter with black end caps and a black control panel pad, with controls closest to the right end cap.

Thigh Armor

For 501st approval:

• Thigh armor is closed in the back
  • The ammo belt is installed on the bottom of the right thigh.

Lower Leg Armor

For 501st approval:

• The shine armor is able to open and firmly close in the back allowing the two halves to appear sealed when viewed by spectators.
  • The trapezoid knee plate is affixed to the top of the left shin.

Boots

For 501st approval:

• Black leather or leather-like, above the ankle height, with a flat sole with no buckles or laces. All stitching must be black and unnecessary or decorative stitching must not be present.
  • White or other color boots may be painted black so long as the boots are maintained to remain the proper color.

Optional Accessories

Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval but if present appear as described below.

T-21 Light Repeating Blaster or T-21 Heavy Blaster

For 501st approval:

Manufactured by BlasTech Industries

• Based on a real or replica Lewis Mark I machine gun. For this prop the magazine disk and bipod of the original gun are left off.
  • Refer to visual reference for accuracy

T-21B Heavy Blaster or T-21B Targeting Rifle

For 501st approval:

• Based on a real or replica Lewis Mark I machine gun. For this prop the magazine disk and bipod of the original gun are left off.
  • Modified version of the T-21 and is shorter in length. Refer to the visual reference for accuracy.

Flash Grenade

• Refer to visual reference for accuracy

Jet Pack

• Like 1

The CRL is going to rely heavily on the reference pics so people can see what needs to be done.

I honestly don't see any reason to reinvent the wheel on this costume.

I think the ROTJ style of armor will work perfectly for this and there really shouldn't be any heavy duty make from scratch items except for:

• the drop boxes since those are clearly longer than the standard 5.5" long and 2.5" wide
  • the hand guards

T-21

T_21_Blaster_DICE.png

T-21B

T21_B_dice_image.png

T_21_B_Heave_Blaster_SWB.png

Flash Grenade

Flash_Grenade.png

picture hosting sites free

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Description: Battlefront Shadow Stormtrooper

Prefix: TX

Detachment: Spec Ops Detachment

Context: Star Wars Battlefront

lLeUSd5.jpg

EZjuI9s.jpg

In stark contrast to the standard Stormtrooper, Shadow Stormtroopers are equipped with all black armor. This unique colored armor provides them with the benefit of stealth, carry flash grenades and are the most dangerous enemies in the game.

In the page below, items listed in blue are recommended features that will improve the quality of the costume. Items listed in red are intended to further enhance the finished costume.

For 501st membership only the requirements in black need to be met.

Special Notes:

· The armor parts shall be made from one of these types of materials or like materials: Fiberglass, ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), or HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene).

· Armor must be glossy

· Blasters are not required for legion membership per our

· FX armor may be not used for level 3 approval

· FX helmet is no longer permitted for new approvals

Required Costume Components

The following costume components must be present and appear as described below for approval

Helmet

Ftuk9Xn.jpg

tIBZIwr.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Lenses must be sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumers' eyes. They are bubbled and mirrored. Acceptable colors are: black.

· The body of the ears are black. The bars have three to four bumps and are black.

· The frown must have either 6 or 8 teeth cut out and any coloring must not leave the indented area. Acceptable colors are: silver. If there are spaces between the teeth the wearers face must not be seen.

· The tube stripes are blue in color and may number between 9 and 15 per side with the curve bends extending backwards. These may be hand painted or decals.

· Vocoder (vertically ribbed chin detail) is silver.

· The aerators (cylinders on either side of the vocoder) are black and the screening is black.

· Traps (trapezoids on dome of helmet) and tears (area beneath corners of eyes lenses) may be hand painted, decals. Acceptable colors are: black.

Neck Seal

Gd8rTki.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Black with horizontal ribs, fitted to the wearer, and extending from the base of the neck to conceal the entire neck.

Under Suit

AUIcxIg.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos.

Shoulder Straps

YpzWkpy.jpg

For 501st approval:

· These must be securely mounted in the front and in the back.

Shoulder Armor

lFSe6DU.jpg

For 501st approval:

· One on each shoulder. The shoulder bells are considered effectively symmetrical; they may be worn interchangeably on the left and right shoulders.

Upper Arm Armor

akYLQ5R.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Biceps are fully closed.

Forearm Armor

dq8ut5B.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Forearms must appear to be fully sealed and enclosed

Hand Plates

cJ2ocPH.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Roughly squared in shape with rounded edges, the hand plates are mounted securely over the back of the glove.

Gloves

boBtps6.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Black in color, made of either rubber, nomex, leather, or leather-like material, with no visible straps or logos/designs. The fingers are enclosed, non-textured.

Chest Armor

1Ume5iO.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Overlaps the abdominal armor

· Has a white imperial cog that is 3†to 3.5†in diameter on the left breast area of the abdominal armor

· A black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip is present around all edges

Back Armor

5X61tZd.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Black plate contains the “O II design with little or no overlap of the kidney plate.

Abdomen Armor

3PvPj4G.jpg

For 501st approval:

· The abdomen armor has a button area with 9 gloss black buttons approximately 7/16†in diameter.

· Abdomen armor button detail is inverted compared to ANH/ESB

Kidney & Posterior Armor

uIKhjVs.jpg

For 501st approval:

· A single kidney/posterior armor piece is not allowed

· The kidney and posterior are combined/fused to a single plate/one piece

· There is no gap between the posterior and kidney armor.

Belt

AZgKncx.jpg

DmfKMEQ.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Belt face is made of plastic (ammo) belt. It is comprised of 6 rectangular boxes with no square buttons.

· Belt proper is made of black canvas or similar heavy material may be also used and must be 2 to 2.5†wide.

· The drop boxes dangle from the sides of the plastic belt via black straps and are aligned under the plastic tabs of the ammo belt.

· Drop boxes are 5.5" long and 2.5" wide

Thermal Detonator

Xiu2DIn.jpg

For 501st approval:

· (a.k.a O2 canister) attaches to the back of the belt. This is an all-black cylinder 2 to 2.5†in diameter with black end caps and a black control panel pad, with controls closest to the right end cap.

Thigh Armor

kFO06Fa.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Thigh armor is closed in the back

· The ammo belt is installed on the bottom of the right thigh.

Lower Leg Armor

XsoX2lQ.jpg

For 501st approval:

· The shine armor is able to open and firmly close in the back allowing the two halves to appear sealed when viewed by spectators.

· The trapezoid knee plate is affixed to the top of the left shin.

Boots

WYFWKXW.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Black leather or leather-like, above the ankle height, with a flat sole with no buckles or laces. All stitching must be black and unnecessary or decorative stitching must not be present.

· White or other color boots may be painted black so long as the boots are maintained to remain the proper color.

Optional Accessories

Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval but if present appear as described below.

T-21 Light Repeating Blaster or T-21 Heavy Blaster

CZWwSXh.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Based on a real or replica Lewis Mark I machine gun. For this prop the magazine disk and bipod of the original gun are left off.

· Refer to visual reference for accuracy

T-21B Heavy Blaster or T-21B Targeting Rifle

erLPBP9.jpg

For 501st approval:

· Based on a real or replica Lewis Mark I machine gun. For this prop the magazine disk and bipod of the original gun are left off.

· Modified version of the T-21 and is shorter in length. Refer to the visual reference for accuracy.

Flash Grenade

5vHy9Yj.jpg

9rMjUgL.jpg

· Refer to visual reference for accuracy
  • Like 1

Congrats on this going live!!

One thing I did notice, did the hand plates mean to be square and then make them rounded/ROTJ like for the higher level? Wasn't sure because the CRL calls for roughly square with rounded edges. :icon_bow:

• Like 1

Weeeeeeeeeee...also Dorothy, did you see my response about the hand plates?

I guess this allows them to be ANH or ESB/ROTJ styled? As long as it edges are rounded? The way it sounds now it can be any of 3 movies. :teehee:

• Like 1

Good question and yes i totally glossed over it lol.

So the point was to make a clarification of the fact that it is different and not the clam shell type that is on the ROTJ tk handplates if that makes any sense.

Here is a close up of the Battlefront Shadow Stormie

http://databank.501st.com/databank/File:TX_BattleFront_Shadow_Stormtrooper_Hand_Guard.jpg

Close up of the ROTJ TK

http://databank.501st.com/databank/File:TK_esb_handplates.jpeg

Close up of the regular shadow stormie

http://databank.501st.com/databank/File:Shadow_Trooper_Hand_Plates.jpg

So as you can see all of them are different so for the battlefront you can see the top and bottom of the handplate is more square and the sides are bit more curved and round. I hope that makes some sense I can see how the wording can be a bit confusing but its why we have the pics to go along with it for clarification. I am more of a visual person so I understand more of what its supposed to look like with the reference pic. Hopefully i didnt confuse you anymore let me know if you any more questions. :D Sorry for the late reply.

Weeeeeeeeeee...also Dorothy, did you see my response about the hand plates?

I guess this allows them to be ANH or ESB/ROTJ styled? As long as it edges are rounded? The way it sounds now it can be any of 3 movies. :teehee:

• Like 1

Haha no worries! I know we all have lives outside of this! Yeah I see what you're saying, I guess it was just the way that the text was worded in the CRL that confused me.

I knew that the text between this one didn't match the one of the ROTJ handplate but dang, they look close haha. For the record, I'm not planning on doing this costume any time soon but figured others may have questions.

You answered perfectly!

lol its all good yeah the wording i get you on that but good thing their are pictures yay!!! lol. Well if you do you know we will always help you if you have questions. but yeah they do look similar and it doesnt help that the ROTJ pic to me the handplates look upside down.

Haha no worries! I know we all have lives outside of this! Yeah I see what you're saying, I guess it was just the way that the text was worded in the CRL that confused me.

I knew that the text between this one didn't match the one of the ROTJ handplate but dang, they look close haha. For the record, I'm not planning on doing this costume any time soon but figured others may have questions.

You answered perfectly!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah not so sure this is clearly in the battlefront video game and clearly has multiple reference photos....The Spec Ops CS will be looking into it so hopefully there is some clarification that happens because it was already an approved costume by the LMO several weeks ago.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Looks like we lost this one? Lol

• Like 1

Long story short, it was an error that occurred during routine database clean-up. All is well with the Battlefront Shadow Stormtrooper. Now let's see those builds coming through the GML queue!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you :D when you get a chance can you post some jetpack ref pics in the reference pic thread?

Hi guys, I just added the T-21B heavy blaster reference image to my post. Thanks.

• Like 1