New CRL Development - Mud Trooper

izzi

WARNING - THIS CRL IS IN THE OUTLINE AND DEVELOPMENT STAGE AND REQUIREMENTS THEREIN ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

References (Solo: A Star Wars Story):

Movie Stills Production Shots and Promo Material

Mud-Ent 1.jpg Mud - Ent 1 Breakdown.jpg Mud - Han 1.jpg Mud - Han 2.jpg Mud - Movie Still 1.jpg Mud - Movie Still 2.jpg Mud - Movie Still 3.jpg Mud - Movie Still 4.jpg Mud - Movie Still 5.jpg Mud - Movie Still 6.jpg Mud - BTS 1.jpg Mud - still 7.jpg Mud - Val full pose.jpg post-1373-0-93762300-1528512106_thumb.jpg.3b9e385897567f32d01407b736d511ac.jpgmud full pose.jpgpost-1373-0-47827800-1528512085_thumb.jpg.a701e1b69cc91580bcb1f8e3551f1da4.jpgpost-1373-0-85547100-1528512095_thumb.jpg.7cf5613402b57fabc0a76d240baf0522.jpgpost-1373-0-79413800-1528512131_thumb.jpg.141c388dcefb4bb02cb290816364d3b3.jpgpost-1373-0-78948300-1528512577_thumb.jpg.8ae06a4e24cd75a1cbbf51aa44c42b63.jpgpost-1373-0-54755200-1528512623_thumb.jpg.3d63b5437e4a9db065ac9dc2f06d82c0.jpgpost-1373-0-46431300-1528512406_thumb.jpg.4159b60347d443adf15194e0ff943b6c.jpgd23-2017-star-wars-land-model35-1.thumb.jpg.6b2eff2c021464ad419df696ee86a8d5.jpg.0bf02b1b0d51f70d3aeff7300fc45041.jpg

Topps Trading Cards

Mud - Topps 1.jpg Mud - Topps 2.jpg Mud - Topps 3.jpg Mud - Topps 4.jpg Mud - Topps 5.jpg Mud - Topps 6.jpg Mud - Topps 7.jpg

Cardboard Standee

Mud - Cardboard Standee.jpg

Books

Mud - Book Full.jpg Mud - Book 1.jpg Mud - Book 2.jpg Mud - Book 3.jpg Mud - Book 4.jpg Mud - Book 5.jpg Mud - Book Medic.jpg Mud - Book head accessories.jpgpost-1373-0-35281100-1528510965_thumb.jpg.88724023c7bd4edf30295c07e8a583dd.jpg

Toys

Mud - Toy Full 1.jpg Mud - Toy Full 2.jpg Mud - Toy Full 2 Breakdown.jpg Mud - Toy back 1.jpg

Additional

IMG_0153.jpg.451574940dde61794c20559c1e043048.jpg Chest 1.png Chest 2.jpg Drop Down Loop 1 3.jpg Drop Down Loop 1.png Drop Down Loop 2.jpg Hose Connectors 1.jpg Hose Connectors 2.jpg Hose Connectors 3.jpg Telemetry Option.jpg Trooper Upper.jpg Val Helmet.jpg image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg image7.jpeg image8.jpeg image9.jpeg image10.jpeg BTS 1.jpg BTS 2.jpg Closeup.jpg Corporal Nodar.jpg Corporal Wesger.jpg

• Like 1

CRL In Progress:

Mud Trooper

Helmet

• Open face helmet whose base consists of a dome with rim and helmet skirt.
  • The helmet skirt is to be smooth all around with no indentations on the rear.
  • A telemetry unit is attached centered to the right sides of the dome aligned to the rim.
  • The telemetry unit consists of:
    • Rectangular box with a slight bevel and details on. The box is in the same color as the helmet.
    • 1 screw cap or cylindrical knob in the upper left corner.
    • 2 cylindrical pins lined up in the lower left corner of the box.
    • 1 cylindrical pin in the upper right corner of the box.
    • 1 telemetry unit main detail (Revell V8 carburetor) aligned at the lower right corner of the box.

[*]A rubber trim is covering the edge of the helmet skirt and forehead of the dome.

[*]Imperial code disks are positioned on both sides of the helmet skirt.

[*]The helmet is to be painted in olive grey. Helmet is moderately weathered.

[*]When worn without the mask, a black chin cup with tan strap must be visible.

Goggles

• Goggles shall have an aged metallic frame with detail painting to match reference and black lenses.
  • Goggles shall have a trim around metallic frame. Trim shall be rubber or foam.
  • Goggle Strap is black elastic, with large buckle greeblie on left side, two “figure 8â€� slides on right rear.

Mask

• Mask is respirator style mask, wide enough to extend to either side of helmet.
  • Mask has an indent at mouth. Indent shall have a long flat bottom, short vertical sides and diagonal tops. All corners shall be rounded.
  • Indent has 7 vertical cut outs in the center. The three center lines shall be equal length and go from top of indent to the middle. The next two lines on either side step down incrementally.
  • Hoses connect to the bottom corners of the indent.
  • Mask shall have two rounded cheeks to which filters attach.
  • Mask shall be painted olive grey and moderately weathered.
  • Mask shall have two 3/4 " straps that run from upper outside corners and run through a 3/4 "compression slide buckle that sits on the corner between the area under the eyes and the mouth cover.
  • Filters are aged metallic in color, with outside edges slanted inward. A raised center ring and three branches connecting the ring to the outside of the filter.

Hoses

• Black Ribbed Rubber Hoses with approximately 22mm diameter on each end and enough length to attach from top of back armor to mask, leaving enough slack to match reference pictures

chest plate.JPG Chest Plate

• Chest Armor matches visual references.
  • Accurate shape/design to front of chest.
  • There is an indented area around the outer edge of the center flat section.
  • Buckles attached to upper chest plate.
  • Shoulder straps are affixed to the chest plate at the buckle.
  • To the lower Left side of the center flat panel is a recessed area with a greeblie installed to match reference picture
  • Left of the recessed area is a raised square that extends from the center to the curved side of the armor.
  • On the top left side of the raised area is a raised oblong detail that protrudes outwards.
  • Chest and straps shall be painted olive grey and be moderately weathered.

back plate and tubes.JPGBack Plate

• Back Plate has a collar that extends upwards and tapers to the chest plate.
  • Chest and back plate meet at the sides.
  • Back has two large cut out recesses with vent details and greeblies inside.
  • The walls and floor the recesses shall be olive grey.
  • Each recess has different and specific set of boxes inside to match Rogue One backplates.
  • Bottom left features a smaller rectangle cut out with the left side stepped. The floor of the cut out shall be black and the walls inside match the olive grey color of the armor.
  • Half circle indent detail beneath the backpack section must be present.
  • There is a long thin raised greeblie positioned central and below the 2 large recess.
  • There is a small raised circle greeblie positioned central and below the above named greeblie.
  • There is a raised slot on each shoulder for the straps to fit into.
  • Shoulder straps are olive grey with moderate weathering and are affixed to the chest plate at the buckle.
  • Back plate is olive grey with moderate weathering.

shoulders.JPGShoulder Bells

• Each shoulder bell is a mirror image of the other.
  • The detailing of each shoulder bell is asymmetrical.
  • Shoulders should have a longer flat edge that covers top of bicep with a shorter flat edge that connects to chest armor
  • Shallow grooves are present in a pattern matching the photo.
  • Shoulders are painted olive grey with moderate weathering.

Biceps

• Bicep cover strips are raised and beveled with a added strip layer on top.
  • Left bicep is olive grey with moderate weathering.
  • Right bicep armor is painted red with three yellow squares on the cover strip, with moderate weathering.
  • Biceps shall have moderate weathering.

Jacket

• Jacket is Olive Drab Belgian M64 Style.
  • Pockets shall have no flaps visible.
  • Bottom of jacket shall hang between upper and mid thigh.
  • Visible parts of jacket shall be moderately weathered.
  • Optional: If jacket is worn without shoulder armor, an imperial cog patch must be sewn onto each shoulder

Pants

• Pants are Black BDU/Work pants.
  • Pants shall not have pockets or other adornment on the legs.
  • Pants shall have double reinforced knees.
  • Pants are moderately weathered.

Imperial_Crew_Boots.jpgBoots

• Knee High black leather or leather like material.
  • Kersey or jackboot style.
  • Free of laces, decorative stitching, buckles on the instep or any other embellishments.
  • Boots may have a single adjustment strap at the top outside of the boot. This need not be functional.
  • Zippers on the inside of the boot are acceptable, so long as they are concealed.
  • If the zipper is not covered by vinyl/ leather, it is painted black.
  • Boots shall be tall enough to fit both shin straps.
  • Boots shall be heavily weathered

Shins

• The shin plate is affixed to both boots.
  • A harness style buckle greeblie attached to the outside edge of upper and lower shin plate.
  • Straps extend from each buckle, and the inner side of the shin plate.
  • Straps shall be the same size.
  • Shins and straps are painted olive grey with heavy weathering.

gloves.JPGGloves

• Black gloves with black leather or leather-like material on the palm, thumb, and forefinger.
  • The black oval detail is aligned with the index finger of each hand.
  • Gloves have a U shaped velcro closure.
  • Gloves shall have all logos removed.
  • Highlander brand special ops gloves are best match to reference.

Parka

• Russian Plash Palatka Style.
  • Parka is Dyed or Painted black.
  • Metal grommets shall be painted or covered with leather to mimic leather grommets.
  • Tied or otherwise attached under the chest armor and worn to cover the back plate.
  • Parka shall be heavily weathered.

Optional Level 2 requirement:

• Ring Grommets shall be leather to match reference photos.

Officer Belt

• The belt is constructed from a non-textured leather or a leather-like material.
  • Approximately 2" (50.8 mm) in width, up to 3" (76.2 mm) is acceptable.
  • There are no loops on the belt.
  • A single large snap or rivet is visible approximately 1" (25.4 mm) from the buckle.
  • The belt may be worn with the snap to the right or left of the wearer.
  • The buckle is a standard officer buckle.
  • Buckle is adorned with an Imperial Code Disk at the center.
  • Please refer to the Imperial Buckle reference page for information on accurate and inaccurate style buckles.
  • Two boxes shall be present on either side of buckle. Dimensions are approximately 2 1/2" (63.5 mm) by 3 1/2" (88.9 mm) by 1" (25.4 mm) thick.
  • Boxes shall be painted olive grey and moderately weathered.
  • Belt shall be weathered appropriately

second belt.JPGLower Belt

• Belt is black and is made from two nylon straps sewn together with a zig-zag pattern which is approximately 7.6 cm wide.
  • Belt boxes options:
    • Option A. two thin, two medium and one long tabbed box.
    • Option B Two thin, two medium one hinged drop box.
  • Boxes are olive grey grey with moderate weathering.
  • Belt shall be worn loose across lower abdomen.

Optional Accesories

ammo pouch.JPGAmmo Pouch

• Yugoslavian M49 - M56 SMG style ammo pouch or replica. Replica must be made from leather or leather-like material.
  • Pouch is fitted with two straps.
  • Left strap is snapped to the underside of the abdomen.
  • Right strap lays across chest plate. Snaps to the upper right side of the abdomen.
  • Pouches shall be weathered or otherwise aged.

Ammo Pouch

• USMC Vietnam era 4 pouch 5.56mm cloth bandolier style.
  • Pouch is fitted with two straps and worn over left shoulder to right abdomen

biceps- medic.JPGMedic Markings

• Right bicep armor is painted white with three red stripes on the cover strip.
  • There is a red image facing front that matches reference photos
  • Biceps shall have moderate weathering.
  • Replaces the red version of the bicep.

Modified E-11 Blaster

Edited by Blackwatch
Started adding pictures of proposed components
  • Like 2

CRL Change Log:

6/7

• Possible CRL proposal posted for review (Thank you DZ-12209 for submitting your work! :) ).
  • All currently gathered reference material posted above for comparison and review.
  • Unlocked for member comments on CRL.

Awesome! Our group of mud troopers in Florida are excited for this to get approved :)

Thanks goes to TS 42013 for writing up the CRL info for us to get this started.

Thank you Izzi for helping move this forward!

- DZ12209 (Stephanie)

• Like 2

Awesome! Our group of mud troopers in Florida are excited for this to get approved :)

- DZ12209 (Stephanie)

Haha! There you are! Welcome to Spec Ops, I hope more of your crew decides to swing by, say hi, and help with the development of this. :)

• Like 1

- DZ12209 (Stephanie)

Haha! There you are! Welcome to Spec Ops, I hope more of your crew decides to swing by, say hi, and help with the development of this. :)

Good Day all,

Firstly, outstanding job with the CRL! I am new here & have a question & a suggestion. When I search for the Belgian Jacket, I only find hooded winter parkas. Are these proper for the CRL? As for the boots, I suggest you look at Easy.com. I purchased a pair of used Soviet officer boots for $75 USD with shipping.

Good Day all,

Firstly, outstanding job with the CRL! I am new here & have a question & a suggestion. When I search for the Belgian Jacket, I only find hooded winter parkas. Are these proper for the CRL? As for the boots, I suggest you look at Easy.com. I purchased a pair of used Soviet officer boots for $75 USD with shipping.

Thank you!!

The coats we all used, which came from different vendors but same style, ended up having the hoods cut off and the liners cut out.

And thanks for the boot suggestion! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Good Day all,

Thank you!!

The coats we all used, which came from different vendors but same style, ended up having the hoods cut off and the liners cut out.

And thanks for the boot suggestion! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there, welcome aboard!

To answer your question, at the top of this thread is the line:

WARNING - THIS CRL IS IN THE OUTLINE AND DEVELOPMENT STAGE AND REQUIREMENTS THEREIN ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

This is saying that the standards provided in the listed CRL have not gone through the LMO approval process and that it is still a work in progress and may change at any time without warning as further research into the costume is done to create an accurate CRL.

Right now I can not tell you with 100% certainty that the components listed are correct, just that those are currently what is in consideration.

Over the next few weeks we will be continuing to gather references, as well as post pictures of the components from a finished proposed kit build, that looks pretty spectacular.

Stay tuned, we have quite a few folks eager to start building and trooping these armors, so we're working as quickly as we can to pin this down and get it finished.

• Like 1

Thank you for the feedback! Sorry for the mispelling, It's Etsy.com. The vendor for the boots is Antigua house. I too am very eager to make this happen before applying to the Great Lakes Garrison.

• Like 2

Sorry about these following posts, but they are pic heavy with references I gathered around the groups and the internet.

EA24B0AC-E21A-4E47-A173-669281CA378B.jpeg

5F054C7D-7E47-4C1C-9958-CECEDABFC408.jpeg

79532E1A-2038-46FC-AF17-67CDC3DD24E8.jpeg

4FFF5CB5-B26B-4C07-B345-37EC57792C52.jpeg

0B304A76-9F66-4F4A-8D33-5F0213F60716.jpeg

1032E4DB-BD25-438B-841E-ECC54B719674.jpeg

0EB4B4DC-3D76-4CF3-BA5D-F81BC07DC979.jpeg

0FA4794A-E7DE-4ADF-ABDD-31390829C0FF.jpeg

6BBCA2FA-61BC-44B3-BCF7-B04409454E9E.jpeg

19711E8C-E54F-4D91-ADCF-DDBB7A8A3451.jpeg

8CB5B9EF-02EF-47F4-8704-34F95DCAE3DF.jpeg

7D72CE36-4724-4A21-BA54-A9F9C79E1091.jpeg

9D4A4E81-205D-4A89-80CF-8D65D7E6249B.jpeg

EF9E8841-0F3D-4461-9D44-017DA9E75D45.jpeg

3D3911DD-1436-426B-9CA8-0E6C95B5B06B.jpeg

4E7EC787-910A-4052-AA68-E850027616F7.jpeg

• Like 1

wow that helps! one of the new recruits here linked me the goggles and I got them on the 'bay.

Yesterday I saw the new Sideshow Solo figure in armor and cape. The likeness is amazing. I may need to work some overtime for that because its a sweet figure!

https://alteregocomics.com/solo-a-star-wars-story-han-solo-mudtrooper-1-6-scale-figure/?cmp_id=287406466&adg_id=9151744426&kwd=&device=c&gclid=CjwKCAjw9e3YBRBcEiwAzjCJusd-3vV8jCZxsmdiHJU6vQWFST0341prEaFu7Gf58R8tNRVgVNEJIhoCT8oQAvD_BwE

I was the one who sat and wrote the CRL with available references and used current CRLs (R1, imperial army, imperial officer, AT-ST, etc) CRLs. A lot of the pieces are gathered from other costumes and that is acknowledged when I made this CRL. I'd like to add Optional Scarf: ww2 GI wool scarf, olive drab. The hot toys shows it plainly visible, the visual dictionary shows it in some, not in others.

I'd also like commentors to know this is not for Becket or Val, to alleviate confusion on added accessories, etc.

• Like 1

Hey there, welcome aboard!

To answer your question, at the top of this thread is the line:

This is saying that the standards provided in the listed CRL have not gone through the LMO approval process and that it is still a work in progress and may change at any time without warning as further research into the costume is done to create an accurate CRL.

Right now I can not tell you with 100% certainty that the components listed are correct, just that those are currently what is in consideration.

Over the next few weeks we will be continuing to gather references, as well as post pictures of the components from a finished proposed kit build, that looks pretty spectacular.

Stay tuned, we have quite a few folks eager to start building and trooping these armors, so we're working as quickly as we can to pin this down and get it finished.

Is the any way to tell us the parts that are currently correct? Parts that we can check off the list?

I'd also like to mention the lower belt seems to be optional as well. This is a difficult CRL as there are a number of configurations. I'd like to move that belt/ammo pouch combinations be worked in almost like the TIE helmet patterns are. Basically, these are the references we have, you can do those, but a combination of them would be acceptable as well. IE... I want an ammo pouch on my chest but don't want a 2nd belt. or I want 2nd belt but don't want any ammo pouches...

• Like 1

Is the any way to tell us the parts that are currently correct? Parts that we can check off the list?

Until the LMOs inspect the proposal and officially create the CRL, we cannot say which parts are "correct" for 501st approval. Only what we believe will meet accuracy standards.

• Like 1