IAT (Green) trooper WIP

Here is the start of my Imperial Army Trooper.  

Elbeco coveralls, straigth from the box. 

Commuter boots (see how short they are, and no extra stitching)

I have made my harness and pistol belt, but not put them together yet. Both are painted Montana Gold olive green spray paint. 

Painted up a couple of dump pouches in the MGOG paint, and I ordered a few M47 cuff pouches.   Need more pouches!

i will order the french green gloves found at sportsmans guide. 

My hat maker is on recuperation but she will make my hat when shes ready and healed, and I sent her vintage OG107 fabric to make it with. 

I have had discussions with a holster maker to make a green holster matching my gear color. 

lWauxCv.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Currently I have parts for a harness LBE, and I have seven pouches. The green french gloves are on order.   I wll be waiting a bit more on the hat / and or/ helmet, so thats not happening real soon. 

All the parts I have are painted Montana Gold Olive Green so everything will match the CRL and source art. 

My helmet is in work, krysis is pepping it out.  I got fed up with hearing   " ill start yours in another couple of weeks" after people that ordered after me had theirs and got my money back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gloves and cov's. Im looking for another pair of the boots I found to paint green.  I havent put the harness together yet but Ive got the stuff and all the parts are paitned Montana Gold Olive green. 

UUrEfVj.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Waiting on a hat, but also have a raw helmet to work on. Looking for a set of boots to paint green, awaiting word on the angeulus paint system. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ok heres a big update.  Painted the boots, and finished prepping the helmet. I used the very last of the paint on the boots so I have to order more Montana Gold Olive Green. 

I prepped my boots by airbrushing them with the Angelus Olive.  It is quite a bit different from the Montana Gold spray olive.  I used the Angelus as a primer to make sure that the MG stuck to the vinyl of the boots. 

GkFqaIL.jpg

WjIztlp.jpg

KsimaXk.jpg

now on to the Montana Gold Olive Green spray.  

QhjdyWl.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks! I wore it three days at a con this past weekend and let me tell you this thing gets people's attention.  I've been in every black coverall the Empire has for 11 years...but this is turning heads. 

My weathering is the best kind.....mud brushed out with a nasty brush.  I also tromped through my backyard with the green boots and went down on my knees in the mud.  I was always dirty in the feild in the Army so I'm dirty in this.   I don't know what I got on my boots but they look awesome now. 

Oh and Michael's carries the MG olive green paint!