Sithtrooper Helmet - Draft CRL Development Discussion

This section of the CRL is now in Pending Agreement State. If accepted all text will be moved to the main part of the Sith Trooper CRL

Helmet

• Finished in a high gloss deep red that matches the colors of the entire costume
  • Lenses are black in color. They may be bubble in shape or flat and must be sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes
  • The lens frame extends back underneath the trap and terminates about 1cm from the back of the trap
  • The brow extends out from the lens forming a significant overhang
    • There are two recessed lines that run parallel to and are above the brow
    • The bottom line recess extends above the clip greeblie running parallel to the trap and connects with the recess at the rear of the helmet
    • The top recess terminates where it intersects with the bottom recess line
  • A "Mohawk" section runs along the centre from front to back but is not raised.
    • 16 recessed lines run parallel to the "Mohawk"-like section from front to back on each side
    • The mohawk starts from the 2nd brow line and extends toward the back, terminating in the recessed lines at the back
  • The frown is semi-gloss black with the following features:
    • The mouth has one centre "tooth" that connects to the snout and is separated by a detail that has greeblie section that has 14 "ribs"
    • The mouth has 4 teeth either side of the centre “tooth"
    • There is no hexagonal mesh in the mouth area between the teeth
    • The area from the bottom of the mouth extending to the tears has hexagonal mesh
    • The centre tooth is the width of the bridge and has 14 little ribs at the top
  • The jawline is angular and has the following
    • flat trapezoidal section the extends 3/4 way down the jawline from the frown
    • flat triangular sections one each side of the trapezoid
    • 10 recessed lines extend from the base of the flat triangular section
  • Each tear (area beneath the corners of lens frame)
    • is angular
    • solid matte black
    • recessed circle in the bottom most corner
    • has 3 recessed lines separating the top tear from the bottom section
  • Face plate is two separate angular pieces that mirror each other with
    • 14 recessed lines on each
    • Curved lower section that starts from the tear and curves towards the front of the jaw forming a filleted ledge. The ledge is more pronounced at the tear end smaller towards the frown.
    • Faceplates are separated by a channel that runs vertically along the bridge of the nose between the lens and frown
  • The bridge of the nose has 10 small rectangular ribs from frown to lens frame with one larger one at the top
  • The side of the jawline has
    • Seven rectangular cut out vents/tube stripe slots are on each side of the helmet. They have the appearance of being black at the base of each slot
    • 5 recessed lines extend from the front of the jaw and terminate in an angled manner below the trap. There angle of termination is complementary to the black trapezoidal shape
  • Two helmet clip greeblies are present over the traps on each side
  • Directly below the traps is a detail comprised of a vertical alignment of shapes in the following order
    • a small raised circular shape
    • a recessed B shape
    • a small raised circular shape
  • Below the traps toward the back and base of the helmet is a small black trapezoidal stripe
  • There are 5 recessed lines at the back forming a trapezoidal shape. The angle at which the recesses terminate are complementary to the rear black trapezoidal shape
  • There is one slightly wider recess channel that extends all the way around the base of the helmet
    • The base of the channel is black is about 8mm wide by 8mm deep
    • matches all the angles of the helmet as shown
  • The bottom of the helmet has a black ledge that runs the perimeter of the helmet that extends back into the interior
    • is about 3/4" to 1" wide
    • matches the angles of the helmet, most notable is the jawline

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Lenses are bubble-like or bulbous in shape
  • Lens frame has 4 recessed notches near the top of the tear
  • The Brow has the following details
    • There is a cutout section under the brow
    • There is a raised section underneath the brow that has a pattern comprised of 62 recessed pill shapes
  • The teeth are are metallic black or a very dark grey
  • Faceplate pieces are visibly separate pieces, 4 slots under each faceplate for covering the teeth
  • The tube vents are a solid backing and painted black. No mesh or cloth is present
  • The helmet clip greeblies are the correct clips (refer clip greeblies diagram)

LqJuJCi.jpg

4C5fIJP.png

7qeMAq4 - Imgur.jpg

CUiH38n - Imgur.pngtL26ab9 - Imgur.jpg

tUR5U6Z - Imgur.jpguUI0z8J - Imgur.jpg

VCfM6oA - Imgur.jpgvDUy3hW - Imgur.jpg

VKJVmzA - Imgur.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great work, Mark!!! 

My 5 cents to nose plate (face plate): are we sure that plates are separated and center greeblie belongs to main bucket or both plates are connected with those greeblie plate? 

I counted 10 ribs on center nose greeblie. They're appx 5mm heigh and 2mm thick. 

Also looks like the center tooth has appx.the same shape as the top of the DeathTrooper's aerator module. It becomes common for latest designs - DT, Patrol, Sith... 

Hope to help more! 

2 hours ago, Spiel said:

Great work, Mark!!! 

My 5 cents to nose plate (face plate): are we sure that plates are separated and center greeblie belongs to main bucket or both plates are connected with those greeblie plate? 

I counted 10 ribs on center nose greeblie. They're appx 5mm heigh and 2mm thick. 

Also looks like the center tooth has appx.the same shape as the top of the DeathTrooper's aerator module. It becomes common for latest designs - DT, Patrol, Sith... 

Hope to help more! 

Thanks Dennis! For the face plate, I think if you look at the following image you can see how it is separate from the snout and also separate 2 halves. As a personal note, it would also make sense that these are moulded separately so as to make assembly easier.

Some cleaner closeup shots of those ribs on the snout would be good. I cannot tell if they are rounded or squared? How did you get the measurement? 

I agree with the last comment that it would be the same width, would love to get a real world reference next to these objects. 

We also need to collect some of the other data from the rear and around the sides. Anyone want to help? LOL

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 4.56.36 pm.png

Agreed on all points!

I have a clear shot of nose greeblie and I'd love to upload pics, mate. But I only allowed 0.38Mb (((( there will be no details in this mess))

28 minutes ago, Spiel said:

Agreed on all points!

I have a clear shot of nose greeblie and I'd love to upload pics, mate. But I only allowed 0.38Mb (((( there will be no details in this mess))

Send any pics to me at nanoteknz@gmail.com or google drive them, I can provide updates :)

• Like 1

While working on details for my helmet, I found these minor details, I think they're important: 

1) 4 recessed rectangulars on the visor frame, at the bottom of the each eye

2) Hexagonal mesh

3) Trapezoid extruded (pls, correct word) tear at the bottom of the visor frame

4) 2 thin extruded lines between the Tear and Traperoid (p.3).

Hope to help more!

Denis

1563769789895.png

• Like 1

Got some new refs of the bottom and side! 

You can see that 4 dents at the visor frame, Trapezoid, mentioned above, lines below it and hexagonal mesh. 

Take a closer look at the bottom line of the brow - no "pills" I see there. Can it be that we have few helmets with different details? Or it was photo artefacts?... 

Hope to help more. 

Denis

IMG-20190722-WA0067.jpg

IMG-20190722-WA0066.jpg

• Like 1

As far as I can tell the brow is extended much the same as the Deathtrooper helmet. With this new pics I think we have a complete view of the helmet now and should be able to finish this CRL.

With reference to the pills in the brow, as far as I am aware we are looking at the same bucket from the Anovos stand. It's possible the angle and focus are not allowing you to see those details. But they are clearly seen on the earlier photos provided by @gmrhodes13

• Like 2
On 7/23/2019 at 2:55 AM, nanotek said:

As far as I can tell the brow is extended much the same as the Deathtrooper helmet. With this new pics I think we have a complete view of the helmet now and should be able to finish this CRL.

With reference to the pills in the brow, as far as I am aware we are looking at the same bucket from the Anovos stand. It's possible the angle and focus are not allowing you to see those details. But they are clearly seen on the earlier photos provided by @gmrhodes13

Agreed on pillow-area,mate!

Found its better pic! 

May I suggest an idea about snout: I think the first thick rib on top is actually a visor frame! Then there is a big gap,it's so wide that gives gloss reflections and it look like there's something. Then we have 11 shout ribs on the grid. Then 14 horizontal ribs and main tooth shape. 

I'm happy to see the progress on CRL! Great work, man! :)

Denis 

I did find some low res images of under the brow, you can just make out the indents, hot toys figure and evolution display sith trooper. They are not as defined as on the Anovos and appear to be slightly further back.

5LWDcie.png

• Like 1

Hi guys! 

While I've been working on details of the helmet I noticed one minor detail of the brow. 

I don't see it in the draft, so I thought to propose it))

I'm talking about small recessed line at the bottom of the brow line, at the center of the front area. Not sure about the length, might be one inch or somerhing. 

Hope to help more! 

Denis

1r48fn3.jpg

sWXMCCO.jpg

oT2VExC.jpg

SyNVnVd.jpg

Oh yes, I discovered imgur))) lol))

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I did see that but looked as if it was just on the Anovos helmet and not the figures or display trooper, I'll do a bit more searching through my images.

As a maker I can say that details like this make production only more difficult. So I don't think Anovos did it due to tech requirements.

And so I assume this is "High-Details" level of their helmet... If I may say so)) beautiful to look at it and a nightmare to make it... 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Spiel said:

As a maker I can say that details like this make production only more difficult. So I don't think Anovos did it due to tech requirements.

And so I assume this is "High-Details" level of their helmet... If I may say so)) beautiful to look at it and a nightmare to make it... 

If you blow up the following image a definite slit/opening is there in the middle just not as pronounced as the Anovos

TpU5Am4.jpg

QHRKKfj.png

Another angle, can just make it out.

eNhTpxS.jpg

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

If you blow up the following image a definite slit/opening is there in the middle just not as pronounced as the Anovos

TpU5Am4.jpg

QHRKKfj.png

That image is a bit pixelated and lighting is wrong, Cannot see much except there is something there.

There is definitely a lot happening up under the brow. Will try to put that into words...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nanotek said:

That image is a bit pixelated and lighting is wrong, Cannot see much except there is something there.

There is definitely a lot happening up under the brow. Will try to put that into words...

I have those images as raw... I'll try to work with them in photoshop. Maybe it'll reveal more! 

Will post here a bit later today. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, nanotek said:

I'd say those details would really be for higher level anyway and not needed for basic approval. 

No doubt when higher res images are available we'll get the definitive answer ;) 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I found some interesting things in the Evolution of the Stormtrooper section that I thought I would share. 

First of all I think the teeth are a contrasting colour. You can see in the picture of the screen used costume that the teeth are clearly a different colour from the mesh.

The teeth are either a gun metal grey or metallic black like what was used on the Death Trooper and the mesh is gloss black

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 11.12.34 am.png

When looking a the following assembly instructions for the helmet (taken from Evolution of the Stormtrooper) it become more obvious see below;

1. The teeth are separate parts to the rest of the assembly. You can see the teeth holes in the part marked below
  2. I am assuming a double lens is used in the assembly. This would help obscure the wearers eyes. I would love to see what the labels say!
  3. The black backing to the vents on the jawline

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 11.08.26 am.png

• Like 1

looks solid. One thing ive been curious about is the "seal" (for lack of a better word) that seems to be on the inside edge of the bucket (where your head would slide in.  Assuming its a flexible piece, like the rest of the armor, is that something we're going to be looking for at baseline?)

For L2, perhaps we run it like the shortrooper and make the recesses beneath the brow at L2?  Although it seems just about everyone making the bucket at the moment has accounted for this.  The double lens and separate teeth should also be L2.  

Everything else should probably be baseline.

On 1/1/2020 at 5:45 AM, JoeShoe said:

looks solid. One thing ive been curious about is the "seal" (for lack of a better word) that seems to be on the inside edge of the bucket (where your head would slide in.  Assuming its a flexible piece, like the rest of the armor, is that something we're going to be looking for at baseline?)

For L2, perhaps we run it like the shortrooper and make the recesses beneath the brow at L2?  Although it seems just about everyone making the bucket at the moment has accounted for this.  The double lens and separate teeth should also be L2.  

Everything else should probably be baseline.

The inside edge of the bucket should be there for L1, it is similar to the Phasma bucket in that respect. Is that what you were referring to? Or is there something I am missing. Please post a reference pic.

The detailing under the brow should be included for L1 as it is present even on the 1/6th scale model and considering everyone has accommodated for it...

Agree double lens is L2. The teeth don't need to be separate however I think the alternate colour of the teeth should be L1.

20 hours ago, nanotek said:

The inside edge of the bucket should be there for L1, it is similar to the Phasma bucket in that respect. Is that what you were referring to? Or is there something I am missing. Please post a reference pic.

This particular part.  I dont see anything in the Phasma Helmet CRL referring to such a piece? 
Unless its this, which isn't inherently clear to me.  (I'm not super familiar with the Phasma costume, tbh)

The bottom of the helmet flares slightly outward and is horizontal and flat on the bottom

helmet seal..PNG

On 1/4/2020 at 6:07 AM, JoeShoe said:

This particular part.  I dont see anything in the Phasma Helmet CRL referring to such a piece? 
Unless its this, which isn't inherently clear to me.  (I'm not super familiar with the Phasma costume, tbh)

The bottom of the helmet flares slightly outward and is horizontal and flat on the bottom

helmet seal..PNG

The Phasma bucket has that similar ledge. The Phasma CRL says that it is flat on the bottom, which I don't think is an accurate description. For the Sith Trooper I have proposed the following:

• The bottom of the helmet has a black ledge that runs the perimeter of the helmet that extends back into the interior
    • is about 3/4" to 1" wide
    • matches the angles of the helmet, most notable is the jawline