Shadow Scout Journey Begins

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've become pretty good friends with a few of your neighbors over the past couple years. If you need any local help, let me know and I'll see if there's anyone near that can get a hold of. Although, those guys are members here also, so they could always step up and help a brother out! :thumbsup:

I would honestly go with cotton webbing for the drop boxes. Cotton looks so much better then nylon webbing.

Okay no worries i will try and find some at the local store, what width should i be looking for.

I think my drop box webbing was 1 inch thick.. I don't have my armour to hand to measure it.. it's currently on vacation in a friends garage, but 1 inch sounds about right..

Howdy Folks,

I am still alive just been busy with work and normal life. I have some questions regarding the Helmet and how it should look

1. What is the best way to have the helmet looking for approval (decals which ones)

2. What colour should the snout be? grey using the decal or black. Do need to paint the nose piece a different colour ( pics of approved helmets would be great to use as reference)

3. My lense that KS supplied broke so i need to find another which i will do locally but what is the preffered shade.

4. With the drop boxes on the side should they be indented so they sit on the thigh properly( half moon cut out)

Pics to come soon

Thanks

Did some trial fitting yesterday but still need to do some major mods for it to fit properly.

DSCN1761.jpg

DSCN1763.jpg

should have put my Balaklava on

DSCN1764.jpg

Still got a little way to go yet, the chest is sitting up to high so need to bring that down a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

i need some advice about the strapping that goes in between the boxes. When you attach the black plastic snap pieces to the webbing are you allowed to join the webbing by using some sort of rivet/snap or do the ends have to be sewed together.

UPDATE.... Incoming transmission...

KS armour has been sold to another squad member for spare parts..... SC armour ordered and will be deployed for construction around 21st of this month.

Seriously guys KS make a nice helmet but the armour is completely different. If you have time to spend on modifying every piece well then i say go for it but i was not happy with the pull

and to be honest with you it basically sucked.

So i bit the bullett and have sold it onto a local for spare parts and just ordered a lite SC kit. Once it arrives which should be the end of this month or early October i will need to crack the wip and get my

arse into gear and build it as i am off to Melbourne for Armageddon to catch up with the other Shadow Scout members in Oz. around the 20th October.

.... End Transmission...

• 4 weeks later...

howdy folks sorry for the absence and silence but have been busy with life and work. I am back on track now with my costume building and need some advice from the experts.

I am about to do the belt and need to know if Rivets are allowed to hold it all together. Are rivets also allowed to be used with the webbing supplied to attach it all to the main part of the belt.

The belt is a nightmare as i don't know how far down do the side boxes sit from the belt.

How long is the webbing in the centre part of the belt supposed to be.

Any help would be appreciated to get this monkey off my back :(

• 3 weeks later...

Morning All,

I have been working hard to get this armour finished for Armageddon Melbourne which was last weekend but unfortunately i did not quiet get it finished in time for that weekend.

I didnt want to rush it and stuff it up so i finished it when i got home and here are some pics for you to view, still have a few adjustments to make but pretty well done. The pics aern't the best but am due to take some more today.

DSCN1814.jpg

Armour pieces all trimmed

DSCN1807.jpg

Rubber resin pistol has been given 2 coats of primer and left to dry for days..... Then 2 coats of flat black applied and left for days to dry.

DSCN1805.jpg

This is the KS helmet which took me several attempts at building this but after hours and hours of frustration it all came together.

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

This is end result but still need to tweak a bit here and a bit there.

From what I can tell it looks ok. The light is keeping me from being able to see the nose details. Try to get clear pics when you take your submissions pics and get all sides and a bucket off. You might also take one of the top of the tank.

Any approved scouts here see anything?