Darth Emphatics Blackhole Trooper

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It never ends! I am really taking most of my armor apart. A lot of pieces I am fully closing on one side while having temporary closures on the other side. Need to re-do my suspender system. Need to trim my upper back armor. Lots to do enhance.

I have a small head, so in a complete padding I have about 2 cm of looseness in a helmet. The best way to fit padding, It is cut and try on.

I'm in the process of creating a new model of the helmet, will be broader, so the problem should not happen again.

Sorry that you have some more work.

No worries. I think it is clean, just needs to be trimmed down a bit for me. Everyone is different. The one thing I would complain about that caused me more work than I wanted is the shrink wrap. Since it ran under the ear caps, I had to loosen them to get it out and it was a little bit of the pain. Glad to the see the helmet protected though.

How did you go about attaching the construction helmet liner in to the AM helmet. I am having a HELL of a time trying to get it all lined up and marked just so I can glue it in there....ANY help would be appreciated, as you clearly know what you are doing...

Oddly enough, I was having too much trouble trying to install it correctly so that the liner clips would work to hold themselves in place. This was esecially difficult due to the curvature of the bucket. So I actually installed the clip holders upside down and glued the clips right into them, that way they stayed. Hope this makes sense.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, didn't realize how much I was trying to do on my armor before CVI until I wrote it out. This is just for my BH, leaves out the ISB and Gunner mods I was working on.

Kidney/Butt Plate split/resize

Chest Plate return edge

Ab Armor Return Edge

Ab to Butt Suspenders

Shoulder Bell Float

Change calf closure

Shoulder bell Trim

Bicep lowering

Bucket Fans/Foam setup

You should consider just getting a new chest/back and shoulder bells from ATA guy. I just got mine from him and I really like how they fit me compared to the AM/FX ones. You wouldn't need to reshape the ones you have now plus you'd have a separate set you can use for the gunner, which is what I plan on doing.

Return edge has been added to the bottom of the chest plate and top of ab. I added a very small one to the shoulders as well. Still need to do the tops of the thighs - may not do that until after CVI. With the thigh curve I am more worried about getting it right.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Kidney/Butt Plate Mods: 95% Complete

Chest Plate return edge added back: 95% Complete

Ab Armor Return Edge added back: Complete

Ab to Butt Updated Suspenders: Complete

Back Armor trim: Not started

Shoulder Bell Float: Not started

Calf Closure Mod: Not started

Shoulder Armor Trim return edge added back: Complete

Bicep mod: Complete

Bucket Fans/Foam setup/mods: 50% Complete