New future scout is here...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice and well fitted.

Be sure to remember to paint the bolts on the helmet black. I do have one concern with the cummerbund. It looks like a dark purple color in nearly all the pictures instead of a black. Not sure if it's just the lighting.

-iz

Thanks iz!!!

During the week I'll paint the bolts in black... and the cummerbund is black, but because of the light (or my camera) seems not so black... but I can tell you, it's black :thumbsup:

I'd have issues with the seam line on the back of the helmet. Makes it look unfinished. Pouches need work. Should be scaled down if they're too big. They ideally should should be placed on the edge of the ribs on the cummerbund, so that you can see all 6 ribs. Also throw some foam in them. Nice looking build though, the suit is a good fit. Sorry if I seem picky, it's the scout armorer coming out in me. :P

I'd have issues with the seam line on the back of the helmet. Makes it look unfinished. Pouches need work. Should be scaled down if they're too big. They ideally should should be placed on the edge of the ribs on the cummerbund, so that you can see all 6 ribs. Also throw some foam in them. Nice looking build though, the suit is a good fit. Sorry if I seem picky, it's the scout armorer coming out in me. :P

Thanks!!! Never too picky!! I appreciate the suggestions!! :thumbsup:

Don't know how to adjust the seam line of the helmet... suggestions? Is it not acceptable as it's right now?

For the puches... here's the update:

p1030706b.jpg

p1030705d.jpg

p1030704w.jpg

p10307071.jpg

I'll place the pouches as you suggested, so that is possible to see the 6 ribs of the cummerbund.

Hi Matino,

KS helmets generally need filling and painting to be of an acceptable standard.

I know that's probably the last thing you want to hear, but that's normally the case.

Hi Matino,

KS helmets generally need filling and painting to be of an acceptable standard.

I know that's probably the last thing you want to hear, but that's normally the case.

Thanks Rob! Mine is a SC helmet... is the same as for a KS right?

But I don't know how to fill... any help?

Thanks guys!!!!!!

Yeah, SC/KS and the such likes all have seam lines in some form or another.

Like Jim says, your GML may be kind and you might be good to go.

I know mine wouldn't be!

If you do have to go the filler route, fear not.

We can give you a run down on what to do.

Good spot on the CRL though. nice one.

Rob, thanks!!!! As I always say, you guys are the best!!! :thanks:

So, even if my GML will be kind, I think I'll fix this problem when I'll have time (probably when I'll finish my exams, I have 2 left!). So I'll need your help (again, and again, and again!!)! Is it difficuilt?

But if my GML approve the helmet, I won't be able to be a TX trooper right? I mean, until I won't fix the helmet.... sorry but I don't know very well how these things work...

Thanks again!!!!!! :icon_bow:

Tailor made. Did you not get the Cumberbund made as well??

Cumberbound made by a friend of mine.

And here some updates:

I painted in black some details

Helmet

p1030805s.jpg

Belt

p1030807g.jpg

Blaster holder

p1030806lg.jpg

Here the pouches:

p1030811c.jpg

p1030816u.jpg

Black detonator

p1030808dv.jpg

And here's an idea I took from the italian CO...

p1030810h.jpg

Yesterday I did troop for the first time. Was AWESOME!!!!! The best part? the kids!!!! And when they come to you, without fear, and they hug you, I realized that all this work is for them too. Priceless the smile of a kid!

And yesterday I've met this guy too...

p1030819x.jpg

p1030822a.jpg

Soon pictures of the troop... waiting on my email for them...