izzi's Elite Novatrooper / Novatrooper Creation

izzi

Okay, so here's my enconomy pack. The MEPD says that the 501st allows for a loose interpretation on TD Backpacks, and I've seen worse that this, so I hope this does alright. Most of this stuff I already had around my home anyway. I so wanted to put a flask where the boxy-pipey thing is (technical term), But in the interest of getting this approved, I skipped it. :'(

DSCF1150.jpg?t=1263373555

Tomorrow the helmet!

-iz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little teaser. This was a test shot to make sure you couldn't see through the lenses. And I have my ANGRY! brow on... Have to fix that so it stays more serious.

DSCF1151.jpg?t=1263406206

-iz

Here we go! I just need to know how I submit this for approval.

-iz

DSCF1162.jpg?t=1263456964DSCF1164.jpg?t=1263456999

DSCF1166.jpg?t=1263457027DSCF1168.jpg?t=1263457052

DSCF1170.jpg?t=1263457112BackpackComparision.jpg?t=1261698487

Star Wars Galaxies (TCG Game)

Novatrooper.jpgDark_Novatrooper_%28card%29.png

Star Wars RPG: Rebellion Era Campaign Guide (WotC)

troopers.jpg?t=1263533512

Star Wars Galaxies (PC game)

screenShot0045.jpg

screenShot0046.jpg

screenShot0047.jpg

screenShot0048.jpg

screenShot0025.jpg

screenShot0028.jpg

screenShot0029.jpg

screenShot0026.jpg

Fixed up my helmet last week, and just got it finished last night. I wanted to move the gold bar closer to the top of the tube so it would match closer to the reference pics. Another thanks to Scootch for hooking me up with some decals so I didn't have to hand paint the tube stripes again. (apparently my hand isn't that steady.)

-iz

Here's the new paint job.

DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1244.jpg

DSCF1243.jpg

I decided my Nova deserved a non-messed up pauldron for the Pics on the 11th. I had bought a nice gray pauldron for my Blackhole, but now that the Black ones are approved, I decided to grab one of those. The gray one was bought to match the color sceme on my old FX helmet anyway.

-iz

DSCF1510.jpg

Okay! Fun stuff arrived yesterday!

2 pairs of TIE pilot gloves. One for me, one for my friend at CV. 1 pair of Shadow Scout Gloves and a funny little amp for my Nova helmet.

DSCF1690.jpg

So I'm actually going to do a review this time around. I picked this little Amp set up off eBay for way more than anyone should ever spend on an Amp. It caught my attention because almost everyone new that I talk to says how they want to have the whole mic in the helmet thing.

First thing to note is how awesome the speakers are. They seem to be a hard rubber mold of accurate Hovi mic tips. They look really sharp when installed.

DSCF1693.jpg

DSCF1695.jpg

The amp itself is a nice, slim amp that is connected to a separate 9-volt battery pack by a long thick wire. That wire kind of gets in the way when put in an accurate bucket. Same can be said for the wire leads from the speakers. They're long! Then you stack that with the wire from the mic, which works nicely as far as I can tell. These wires can be a blessing and a curse and a mess, as I try to shove it all in the bucket.

DSCF1692.jpg

The amp is thin, but so is a gutted Radio Shack amp with electrical tape wrapped around it. It has a nice green LED on the side to show that it's on... but it's going to be behind your head anyway, so It's really more to check for power before you put on your bucket. There is an off/on switch on both the amp and the battery pack. I would suggest leaving the amp switch to on, then using the battery pack's switch to toggle on/off for the unit.

Honestly all the wires make this better suited to an FX kit, and what you get probably isn't worth the final cost. I would say however that getting accurate mini speakers in the hovi casing is worth the price you would be for them alone (And they are sold separately). So I'm thinking I'll be grabbbing a second pair of those later on for my Shadow Stormtrooper helmets. Then I can just swap out the amp and mic to attach it to the set of speakers in each bucket.

-iz

Was experimenting with future shine and HIPS to see if I could avoid painting things, and here are the results:

(Without Future Shine / With Future Shine)

DSCF1720.jpg

I dunno may work with a bit of practice, and let us skip the whole painting part of HIPS armor.

I also figured it was about time I completed this, and the weather was cooperating today, so I used it.

DSCF1705.jpg

I figured I might as well make the basic bucket and see if I can't get it approved to pave the way for others. Honestly, it seems to look better in person than it did from the screen caps. Gotta wait for it to dry a day or two then clean it up and attach the innards.

-iz

The basic Novatrooper has been given the LMO stamp of approval on the condition that I change the shoulder bells to look more like the striping pattern in the game, which doesn't have as sharp of a curve in it. So he comes another set of Bells to paint! :-/

Also Thomas has clarified that blasters are not required for costume approval. It's considered a prop or accessory and is optional. This is due to laws in some areas and "no weapon" clauses that are put in place at conventions. The CRLs will be updated to reflect that eventually.

Our Fearless Leader has some other surprises in store for the Detachment first. :D Then I'll get around to re-drafting the CRLs again.

-iz

I like much the nova trooper...this video is a parody of Kesha tik tok...and appear a nova trooper in him...this is teh link...

i love these video...

Glad you liked it. I would have had more screen time, but I had an armor malfunction. :P

-iz

• 2 weeks later...

lol man now that i bought the efx helmet i am looking at my mod MR CE and visualizing gold on it >.> i need a set of arms to convert and i already have leg spares =D oh man its plausible for me to make the only things i need to get are the backpack and the gun o.o want to build me a back pack (commission) or help me find gun?

Backpack are EASY! They just take some time and patience. That was my first attempt at a Backpack. BFGs can be found all over the place. Mine is the cushman paintball's DLT-19

-iz

I got the patience but not the time lol work and family bogs me down and i really do like the backpack and i think your armor construction is a heck lot better then mine. Looking at teh cushman paintballs i think i might get the delux one so i am set on that one =D but first thing first i gotta get my new set of legs for my shadow trooper >.< so i will continue this idea when i have money

• 2 months later...

hey izzi was wondering where you got your pauldron (the second one)?

I am also curious about this Iz. I know you painted one, is the one in the background picture the one you painted? How did you protect the black edge that wraps around the gold?

Also in regards to your pack, is the radio scratch built or did you buy it? Can you pm me the info? I saw a sale thread for crashman but I could buy a bfg for what he wants for a radio...

Thanks bro!

Yes, the Nova helmet in the current background is mine.

For the gold stripes I used frog tape and then touched them up with a bit of testors model paints. It was kind of a pain, because the initial blue tape I used left a pattern on the dome, so after I painted the gold stripe, I had to let it dry for about a week, then taped it off and repainted the dome. Go figure.

My radio was made out of a small tackle box. You ought to contact Scootch. Sometimes he has some odds and ends laying around.

-iz