Wickerman Imperial Navy Commando Build

First up: The draft CRL

Draft CRL

Description: Imperial Navy Commando

Prefix: TX

Detachment: Special Ops

Context: Star Wars- The Force Unleashed (PSP & Wii only)

Navy commandos were lightly armored soldiers that were trained for patrol, guard and monitor duty. At least some commandos were trained in piloting All Terrain Scout Transports, as one was seen during the Battle of the TIE Fighter Construction Facility. They were typically stationed at key Imperial facilities where they provided accurate covering fire for other units. Squads consisted of five to seven commandos and a sergeant, and sometimes an officer or a medic

Source references;

• The Force Unleashed (PSP & Wii versions only)
  • Battlefront
  • 3.75" Action Figure

Force Unleashed Version

• Custom helmet ( Galactic Marine or Snow-clone cowl; with modifications, heavily modified TK faceplate or scratch-build)
  • Balaclava- A balaclava is a black head sock/hood that is worn under the helmet and is used primarily to hide any view of the wearer's skin and/or facial hair.
  • TK Neckseal
  • Black Scout or Tie Pilot flightsuit (with padded thigh ammunition pockets). The undersuit is a one or two-piece black textile suit, such as military flightsuits, motorcycle racing suits, industrial work clothing (Dickies), or similar suit modified appropriately. Suit must not have any visible labels, logos or zippers (including built in flight suit pockets).
  • Galactic Marine Chest-plate (modified with TK ab detailing). White U-Shaped gasket should be present around neck, arm openings & edge of chest plate. 1" wide grey unit stripe detail should be present around all edges of the chest plate apart from the bottom, inset ½" from the edge.
  • Galactic Marine Back-plate (indented modified Clone insert). Insert must be grey. White U-Shaped gasket should be present around neck, arm openings & bottom edge of back plate.
  • Level 2- Back-plate insert should have up-lighters to match the visual references
  • TK Shoulder straps
  • Scout Trooper Shoulder plates. Shoulders should be padded to 'float' above the shoulders like a Clone
  • Galactic Marine elbows
  • TK forearms re-cut to match shape of clone forearms
  • ANH hand-plates
  • Animated Clone belt
  • 2x Black MP40 style Ammunition pouches (one on left chest, one on left side hip)
  • 1x White MP40 style Ammunition pouch (on right hip)
  • 2x TK Thermal Detonators (One at back of belt, one on front left hip)
  • Level 2- Front hip TD to be half sized with a single control button
  • TK Cod/Butt
  • ROTJ E11 Holster (on right hip side)
  • TK Greaves (Widely spaced with 2" cover strip at front)
  • Custom Knee plates on both knees. Knee plates are directly attached to the greaves (in a similar fashion as the TK Sniper plate)
  • Energy Sink ankle spats
  • Clone Trooper boots
  • Level 2- Clone boots should have black soles
  • E11 Blaster

Level 2

• Armour should be weathered like a Scout or 'Battle Worn' but not weathered like a Clone or Sand Trooper

Optional

• Field backpack (Cut down/stylised version of a Sand-trooper pack, to match visual references)
  • E11 Blaster
  • Laser guided Sniper Rifle

Officer Variant (as above with the following differences)

• Comms antenna on Right temple (use CC Bacara as ref)
  • Command Pauldron (custom shape- Red in colour)
  • Black MP40 Ammunition pouch replaces white hip pouch on the grunt
  • Field backpack (Cut down/stylised version of a Sand-trooper pack, to match visual references) – compulsory for officers

Battlefront Version- Differences

• Standard TK faceplate with Clone style sunken cheeks
  • Snow-Trooper or CC Bacara Cowl/Dome
  • Snow-Trooper chest plate
  • Movie Clone-Trooper Backplate
  • Animated Clone-Trooper belt boxes in place of white MP40 pouch & second TD

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK then, some pics (This will be a whistle stop tour, otherwise I'll overload the site ha ha)

First: The Helmet

Mando Sensor eyes

2013-02-21164150_zpsa069e6ee.jpg

More destruction, the sensor strip

2013-02-21164206_zpsba8697e3.jpg

Painted up

2013-02-23160051_zps918adc7b.jpg

2013-02-23181127_zps49cbfb10.jpg

Then some more facial reconstructive surgery (ready to consolidate with putty ready for casting)

2013-03-19170329_zps67792c5b.jpg

Part 2- The Armour

Dremelled out the chest vents & Painted in the Unit markings stripe

2013-03-23151400_zpscbf7dc5b.jpg

Then- Drumroll.......

The Test Fit

2013-03-23164617_zps1e3007f1.jpg

2013-03-23164654_zps5ed4a2dd.jpg

'This area is off limits by order of the Emperor, return to your ship immediately!'

2013-03-23164821_zps5863fd51.jpg

Can't wait to get this finished, its such a comfy costume after lugging Cody around for 12 months!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Much more progress has been made on these guys, been trooping lots so not had time to update you all

After a mini Armour Party (basically 4 of us at a mate's house ha ha, so I had access to the skills & facilities of an experience prop builder) the helmet is fully consolidated. I added some extra details to the snout after getting some sharper ref pics from the Wii version, built in the sunken cheeks, added the mini 'teardrops' & filled & sanded smooth the entire lower face.

I've also completed and weathered the chestplate and attached the MP40 pouches & E-11 holster

On top of that, I now have the elbows

All is looking rosy..pics to follow :smiley-sw013:

Right boys...popcorn at the ready?

The Chest plate

2013-05-23221931_zps65eaf4e7.jpg

Back plate

2013-05-23221941_zps7ff754bd.jpg

Then the lid

Built out the snout detail to get the angular look (rather than the smooth curves of a TK)

2013-05-13232315_zpsbe506c58.jpg

Consolidated the face & built in the sunken cheeks

2013-05-18141518_zps16225e17.jpg

Then after some sanding, we have a Gilette smooth chin on our Navy Commando

2013-05-18163756_zps63c09b58.jpg

Just need to add a trim round the eyes & we are about ready for a casting session!!!!

• 1 month later...

Got the white pleather to make the half size hip ammo pouches for the Navy commando today, that's the last element to complete the armour build. Helmet is just about done, (with my UKG mate for some final tweaks before casting), then we can think about taking the pre-clearance submission photos

• 1 month later...

Right boys, I've kept you in suspense long enough.

Now that Celebration Europe is out of the way (& fantastic it was!), I've cracked on with the Navy Commando!

Helmet is now done, finished it today. Couldn't resist painting in some details to see the final look (you'll have to excuse the rushed job round the frown ha ha)

2013-08-26161733_zps1db0c15b.jpg

& did a test fit yesterday, all that is left to do now is to add the ankle spats (which I did today) then weather the greaves, finish the E-11 & buy/make a white half size MP-40 Ammo pouch for the right hip!

2013-08-25190049_zps46659a9e.jpg

2013-08-25190055_zpsb3579308.jpg

2013-08-25190125_zps1185d6ac.jpg

2013-08-26165731_zps62bfddd2.jpg

Then, after all that work, what else is there to do but relax with a Barbeque & enjoy a bottle of Trooper beer!!!

2013-08-26181356_zps7ee5845b.jpg

Gonna scour the forums for that pesky Arc Trooper ammo pouch (which I'll paint white ha ha), then it's submission time & pray the GML's smile on me!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Happy Halloween guys

Your Treat is the knowledge that the Navy Commando is done ;-)

I posted it up on the UK Garrison boards for final comments by our Armourers before submission, now here we are. Submitted to the GML for approval..and now the wait begins...

2013-10-23181505_zpsf5a87158.jpg

2013-10-23181535_zps78f03427.jpg

2013-10-23181557_zps971ec988.jpg