New Shadow Stormtrooper Build

Is that a black zip-tie i see or am i seeing things on the shoulder ? Just wondering because i had a similar problem, i heated it with a heat gun and "manipulated" the little bugger down where it should be.

Yup Black Zip ties... they are greatr and hide very well!

Ok, back to the build tonight. We got the belt assembled over the weekend, figured we'd spend tonight getting bells attached, shoulder bridges installed and still waiting on TD clips, but unfortunately it didn't go that smooth. He got back in his armor tonight and it didn't seem to fit right at all. Most noticeable was the fit of the ab and chest plate. Here's a pic straight ahead, which I don't think looks too bad, but agree with previous posts that the ab either needs to come up or the chest needs to come down.

IMG_2359_zpsc11f5ded.jpg

With that being said, i'm not quite sure on how to achieve this since the cod is already touching "the area". We thought about moving the chest plate down, but as you can see from the next pic, there's already too big of a gap around the neck line like the chest should come up some. We can't really take the chest plate up since that causes the large gap between the chest and ab.

IMG_2361_zps9f6ba26f.jpg

Here's also a pic from the side, not really liking how the ab plate causes the chest to push forward.

IMG_2362_zpsfb07f938.jpg

If anyone has some suggestions on a fix we're willing to listen.

• 4 weeks later...

Back at the build again this evening, it's taking some time working on it here and there but we're getting oh so close now. We've got the upper half all together and strapped up, i've gotta say, it looked pretty darn good. My dad got together with a fellow garrison member a few weeks ago for a fresh set of eyes on a few things and put those notes to use this evening. Arms, chest, ab, back and kidney all turned out awesome. Tonight, our stopping point is the strapping to hold his thighs up. Tried a couple different things and couldn't seem to nail it down. What is everyones preferred method of strapping to hold their thighs up??

Thigh strapping and attach clips to TD and we're ready to submit for his 501st approval, yay!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the wait is over. I finally completed my TX and received my 501st approval tonight. I'm excited to be part of the legion and to begin trooping. My thanks to everyone for their help and advice during my build, especially Vader Rocks. Looking forward to my first father/son troop. Hope to troop with many if not all of you at some time.

TX 11248 reporting for duty.

Thanks, everyone. I know it's going to be an ongoing project but it's one I'm looking forward to. I've seen so much cool stuff out there.......if only I had the $.