Sith'ari's Elite Novatrooper APPROVED 12/28/10

bscheff

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progress update:

I got the mohawk painted onto my bucket. Tomorrow after work I will put on a clear coat.

P1010032.jpg

I also got both shoulder bells and the sniper plate taped and sanded.

P1010033.jpg

P1010034.jpg

I painted and installed some of my buttons:

P1010038.jpg

And a picture of my completed shin. Both are done, but here is just the left.

P1010037.jpg

Made some more progress on the bucket. For some reason the top picture is a little washed out. The bottom one is a better representation of the coloring.

HelmetStripe1.jpgHelmetStripe2.jpg

I also got both shoulder bells and the sniper plate painted. I put the male snaps on the: thighs, bells and buttplate. My pauldron and lenses should be in tomorrow or Saturday. Almost there...

My only suggestion is to try and round the corners out of the shoulderbell striping.

-iz

Yeah, I didn't notice how sharp that one was until I looked at the picture. I'll see what I can do.

I need some advice for my finishing touches:

What is the best way to attach the chin thing-a-mabob to the helmet? Not the chin strap, but the grooved plastic piece between the aerators.

What is the best way to attach the button box? Both these pieces have only a thin edge that touches the armor and not a large surface good for gluing.

What's the best way to attach the shins to the boots? My shoes keep working their way out of the armor when I walk.

I need some advice for my finishing touches:

What is the best way to attach the chin thing-a-mabob to the helmet? Not the chin strap, but the grooved plastic piece between the aerators.

E-6000

What is the best way to attach the button box? Both these pieces have only a thin edge that touches the armor and not a large surface good for gluing.

E-6000

What's the best way to attach the shins to the boots? My shoes keep working their way out of the armor when I walk.

E-6000... Wait.... Ask ELP, he figured something out.

I ended up using hot glue on the chin, ear screw covers and button box; worked like a charm. On the boots, I am trying Velcro. I put a half inch tall by about three inches wide hook on the tongue of my boot and loop on the inside of the shin. I left the back free floating and so far it seems to be working. I was gonna do a snap, but the problem is the shin is too tight front to back and I am not sure how well a snap on the elastic part of the boot would hold up.

I really just need to finish the backpack and maybe tweak a few things and I should be ready for submission.

So here is my first official Test Fit. I am not done yet, still have a short list of things to do, but here's where I am at:

P1010066.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010064.jpg

P1010063-1.jpg

P1010067.jpg

My neck seal shipped today, so it should be here Thursday. My BFG should arrive tomorrow. My back pack is about 25% complete. I am getting bitten by the armor at the inside of both elbows and on my inner right thigh. I also have to sew my belt. and paint a couple rivets black. Once those things are done, I should be ready to submit for approval.

Okay, my quick and dirty list:

• Shins don't really line up in the back, so you may want to play around with them and it may take some additional trimming to get them to look right.
  • Right thigh isn't sitting right, not sure if that is because of how you're standing or if you need to adjust the strapping.
  • Your black suspenders are pretty visible so you probably need to see what you can do to pull them in as far under the chest and back armor as possible. I had to turn mine into an "H" strap to fix the problem
  • Pauldron looks great like that! I may have to repaint mine... :D

-iz