Sith'ari's Elite Novatrooper APPROVED 12/28/10

bscheff

Hey guys, I need some suggestions for the mortar tube and radar dish that is attached to it. I have a 2" pvc tube which is a little small for the detonator plate and 3" is way too big. Unfortunately they do not sell 2.5" locally, which would likely be the best bet. I also cant find the radar dish from the old school tupperware. So any new alternatives to that?

Since backpacks are a "loose interpretation" do you think having no mortar tube would hold me up? One of the new guys back packs kinda looks like a proton pack and I dont think it was a problem.

Please help.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I need some suggestions for the mortar tube and radar dish that is attached to it. I have a 2" pvc tube which is a little small for the detonator plate and 3" is way too big. Unfortunately they do not sell 2.5" locally, which would likely be the best bet. I also cant find the radar dish from the old school tupperware. So any new alternatives to that?

Since backpacks are a "loose interpretation" do you think having no mortar tube would hold me up? One of the new guys back packs kinda looks like a proton pack and I dont think it was a problem.

Please help.

I ended up using a rubber drain cover for my dish I think. It was $1 at big lots I think. I used 2" tube I think. my plate was .060 HIPS so it may have been more flexible but I was able to wrap it and then with clamps and e6000 get it to stay put. Hope that helps :)

No you wouldn't HAVE to have the mortar tube, but who doesn't want one! :D

I'd find out from scootch what size tube the CAP-W stuff fits, he may be able to help you out. Also if you decide you do want a tube and need the dish, I have a resin cast of the radar dish that I could toss your way.

-iz

No you wouldn't HAVE to have the mortar tube, but who doesn't want one! :D

I'd find out from scootch what size tube the CAP-W stuff fits, he may be able to help you out. Also if you decide you do want a tube and need the dish, I have a resin cast of the radar dish that I could toss your way.

-iz

That would be awesome bro, thanks a lot! I'll pm you my adress. Let me know if you want some credits for it.

Well I just got the word, I have been approved by my GML and the LMO!! I should have my TX number in a few days! Woot, 3rd Elite Nova in the US, 4th in the world!!

Thanks to Izzi for all the help and of course for pioneering the approval of this costume!

Well I just got the word, I have been approved by my GMO and the LMO!! I should have my TX number in a few days! Woot, 3rd Elite Nova in the US, 4th in the world!!

Thanks to Izzi for all the help and of course for pioneering the approval of this costume!

:salute:

Awesome! Congrats my friend! :pint1: