Dizzy's CAP-W bucket Restoratation and Build

Test first on the tumor or something else that's plastic so you can get a feel for the paint. You can do very light coats every few minutes between each coat and build it up, the next coat will "melt" or absorb into the previous coat. Do it enough so that the paint bonds into one solid coat and you'll get a good shine. That's what I used to do on model cars, especially with black since its hardest to get right. But with the rustoleum there isn't much time to do that as its hard to work with on its own so I had to do one all at once rotating a lot to get it even everywhere

Thanks for the advice Derek I will go look for paints this weekend and following your advice give it a go

KP1314_6682.gif&maxwidth=250&maxheight=175is this the krylon you speak of Dizzy dont think i can get the specific rustoleum you used but do you think this paint might be ok they list it on TAG as being goog on white Armor (the white gloss that is)

wkn_rustguard_epoxyenamel_all.pngWhite Knight Rust Guard Epoxy Enamel is an effective rust inhibiting topcoat that transforms rust into a professional, long lasting colour finish in one easy step*.

Ideal for use on metal fences, roofs, doors, gutters, downpipes, windows, railings and gates.

Features:

• Renews rusted surfaces
  • Protects new metal
  • *No primer required for new or lightly rusted steel and wrought iron
  • Excellent durability, adhesion and abrasion resistance
  • Interior and exterior use
  • 5 year guarantee
  • Safe to spray - CFC and lead free
  • Non chroming formula
  • Tintable to 1000's of colours including Colorbond® and Taubmans®

KP1314_6682.gif&maxwidth=250&maxheight=175is this the krylon you speak of Dizzy dont think i can get the specific rustoleum you used but do you think this paint might be ok they list it on TAG as being goog on white Armor (the white gloss that is)

wkn_rustguard_epoxyenamel_all.pngWhite Knight Rust Guard Epoxy Enamel is an effective rust inhibiting topcoat that transforms rust into a professional, long lasting colour finish in one easy step*.

Ideal for use on metal fences, roofs, doors, gutters, downpipes, windows, railings and gates.

Features:

• Renews rusted surfaces
  • Protects new metal
  • 5 year guarantee
  • Non chroming formula

Is this the krylon http://www.crlaurence.com.au/crlapps/showline/offerpage.aspx?Productid=6682&GroupID=4316&History=39324:4307:4312&ModelID=4316

is this the krylon you speak of Dizzy dont think i can get the specific rustoleum you used but do you think this paint might be ok they list it on TAG as being goog on white Armor (the white gloss that is)

Features:

• Renews rusted surfaces
  • Protects new metal
  • 5 year guarantee
  • Non chroming formula

• 1 month later...

HOLY SMOKES MAN! That Paint Job is great. ..... ::SNIFF SNIFF:: Do I smell another TUT I can add to the Collection. How to Spray Paint your Bucket. Now thats one I have not really seen out there. Great Stuff Dizzy!

• 3 months later...

all my armor has been collecting dust in grocery bags in my closet lol, i think i was at the part where i have to respray the dome cuz it doesnt meet my "exacting standards". yet i also got the crazy ideasometimes to paint all my armor white :rolleyes: i just keep remembering how ill be the only black stormy in the dune sea and everyone'll love me, plus i feel like i have brothers here. so im back on!

the dome is drying but its much better than before that had some runs i wasnt happy with. its almost shinier than the face but hopefully a good polish can even everything out since i dont use clearcoat.

9550147083_266ba2566c_z.jpg

heres the rubber im using. from left to right

old brow, new brow (just over 1/8th inch taller and looks better), old neck trim, new neck trim.

9552939404_51b01e1d25_z.jpg

the new neck is not screen accurate but i have a bunch of these ill sell if anyones interested. its kind of a "g" style. the enclosed part wont trap dust (or spiders in rare occurences!)

I found them in the only place I didn't look lol. Helmets finally done! I'll have to make a mic tip tut, but anyhow reassembly is a no brainer. I drilled some new holes farther back to seat the brow closer to the face and bring the ears in a little more. But there was too much material cut by the right ear in back so I'll have to use the big old neck seal for now to hide the gap.

I was using a mirror afx fast shield with my motorcycle helmet for awhile so I was gonna put that as the eyes but it's too thick for my liking to fit the curve of the helmet. I'll have to find an acetate like material but for now I used the smoked lenses from one of those clone trooper talking helmets til I get approved and can switch everything to chrome. Testors silver, flat tipped brush, and a steady hand were used for the frown.

9563948274_a3952a1869.jpg

Another thing is the tube stripes are the same sheen as the paint so they are there but barely viable, that's still approvable right? Just another reason why we need grey/silver stripes approved dammit! Are the black trap decals necessary for approval? I didn't even bother since you can't tell either way

9561161879_2962b8dc5d.jpg

The trap decals aren't required. The tube stripes should be nearly invisible. Looking good.