NCPeacock Swamp Trooper

hey chef,,,nudge hint,,pm on blaster?

Yeah I was planning on having all stiching and everything done, wife has already ripped out the chevron and will at some point redo as a curve. And already planning on doing all patches etc on flight suit so that will be done. Really only thing to do apart from those is adding some of the strapping etc. I have the new webbing for the belt and plan to work on that at some point soon, family coming up from NC to visit in 2 weeks and business meetings all this week so just no time the next couple of week. And I assume a blaster is optional even at lvl II. I need to get a better pic of mine so folks can get an idea on proper scale of it really.

Yes blaster is optional even for level 2. Weapons are always optional because some places just don't allow even replicas of sci-fi guns to be owned or carried. Best test for the blaster is: If it fits your hand very comfortably and there is room for all your fingers in the grip guard it is probably too big. The proper scaled ones feel tiny in my hands. :)

Butch

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you as well Jim and all in special ops. laid up with the flu for the past week and ahlf but felling better now. actually finishing up the rework of the belt today. need to do some tweeking to cumberbund and have that's tuff sorted I think. Still a few things to do on flightsuit but at the mercy of wifes schedule there. hopefully update pics soon

so update pic. working on belt. new webbing of proper green color as well as matching buckles. Waist belt 2" one continuous belt all the way aroundand drop box webbing 1.5" Only thing left to do is adjust lengths and trim lengths. To be done once all fitted properly. Here is a pic , ignore the tape which is pre swamptrooperbelt_zps3ab2c646.jpgtrim

So my wife has been pinning me up to resew the legs proper so the butt and back of the legs are less baggy. I was fitting the chest and back tank and have a question. Velcro's fine on the sides by proper straps. On top of the shoulder, do I need to attach the two pieces together? There is a very slight overlap, so I imagine industrial velcro would do the trick but other ideas appreciated. Also which is on top front plate or back tank?Thanks all

If it is done like the other scouts, they should butt up against one another and be wrapped with duck cloth.

so update again and a couple of pics. Wife and I both have been working on the flight suit. We have made the legs lass baggy and shortened them. She has measured and made the butt flap and crotch padding but has not been installed yet. Also mandarin style collar made but needs sewing on. I have been playing with armor getting ready. So attached are a couple of pics of me in the flight suit up to this point with some of the armor. Once suit is finished completely I will get armor installed in proper places withs straps and Velcro but had to ttry on to see. No cumberbund as working on that as well. Belt is complete but some stuff is drying so did not want to screw up, will post a separate epic of it later. Also ordered proper td greeblies, thanks for the lead guys.

Note, pics are progress only so tweaks will be coming, just to show some headway. Also I realized once I looked at pics I had bicep and forearms on upside down. In such a hurry to see how it looked did not even pay attention! lol

swamptrooper1_zps5de05fa6.jpg

swamptrooper2_zpsb6cb3ba1.jpg

Belt rework completed. (Minus back buckle.)

belt_zps731636f7.jpg

All webbing is proper forest green, buckles forest green, webbing is appropriate sizes.

Got my new greeblies in for the TD so will get that sorted next. I do have one question. CRL has black ribbed canister listed. The game it is grey. I did nine in the black ribbed per crl. Should I switch or leave as is or preference at this point?

If you are going for the game version, then follow that direction. I hate to get you off track. We have never seen a game variant, so you are setting the precedent. The CRL will be updated to include a game variant, along with the traditional scout variant we all know and love. :)

I will have to see how difficult the switch would be once i get into the TD. Already have black hoses on it. EIther way only 2 or 3 around isnt it? Working on cumberbund next and should have most done except fittinga nd minor tweaks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok cumbebun is done. Here is a pic with boots knees and cumberbun with flightsuit. I had the arms and shoulders on but need to do some Velcro point to hold them in place a little better. Plan to do so this Friday as I am most likely off work and should be good to submit. Belt is done as well. Going for level 1 at this time as my wife is losing patience with me so you take what you can. I will get her to help with upgrades this summer when less stressed. Hope to post pics in full gear over weekend to get feedback before submittal. 1979608_10202411524983639_235764379_n_zps0961ccfe.jpg