Black Wolf Shadow Trooper... and so it begins...

Ok here we go with both shin sides that had those nasty cracks.... followed the tutorial and made them more screen accurate whilst cutting out those cracks at the same time! smile.gif

IMAG1186_zpsc877f6c9.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had another pauldron arrive today after picking it up pretty cheap from Trooper Supplies.

Got a can of Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric Spray Paint in Gloss Black and will mask it up and give it a few coats soon following the How To put together by mr0072003 :thumbsup:

IMAG1197_zps2a574fe3.jpg

Cutting back the arms now, amazing how much you need to take off of these (trimmed arm in the middle)

Also filed back the return edge more, as I need to keep in mind I will have gloves on too...

IMAG1218_zpsf5ea4057.jpg

Haha yes we have Pringles here too lol :D

I know what you mean, it's just like that too for me, tuck your thumb in and your hand will just slip through.

Picked up some sticky back black foam and will use it inside my arms and legs :)

Received a few nice arrivals today.... (But still no E6000)!!! :rolleyes:

Got the Doopys Hasbro kit to get stuck into for now though...

IMAG1226_zps02fe9445.jpg

The inner drop boxes, canvas belt from Trooper Bay and shiny PVC material to cover the canvas belt also just arrived...

IMAG1232_zps8b25477f.jpg

And got more great news last night that Arakyel has finished my helmet and will be shipping it off today!! :tie:

Have pretty much all of the armor trimmed and ready to glue together if only this E6000 would land on my doorstep soon lol

ohhh covering the belt.. now that makes sense. you got clamps/magnets right? i sand down the contact points for the glue with 80 grit sandpaper, then wipe the dust with a damp towel. but anywhere around 100 grit works. ive taken so long on my armor cuz ive been fitting everything just right and making many modifications. makes me wonder how much of a breeze a screen suit is since it was made to fit me. but the clean lines of am's are worth the extra effort.

Yeah gotta love the AM, especially for a Shadow Trooper, really makes the lines stand out :)

I've got the clamps and magnets too and sanding sheets (another good thing I've been using is a ladies nail file, rough one side and more fine on the other, perfect for those tight areas), now just this damn E6000 I'm waiting on lol

Thankfully the Doopys will give me something else to do now while I wait, cos if I sit and trim anymore down off this armor I'll be left with nothing but shards of ABS haha :D

Right, onto the Hasbro Doopy build...

Cut off the front piece... very carefully and LED still in one piece biggrin.gif

Front of the scope and extra little nipple piece that sits under the front barrel removed. Filled in some of the screw holes.

IMAG1234_zps1ea2e585.jpg

Sand away the raised wording...

IMAG1228_zpsc6846260.jpg

Filed out the scope rail...

IMAG1235_zps90feeaad.jpg

Also filed out the front sight...

IMAG1236_zps36038df2.jpg