Black Wolf Shadow Trooper... and so it begins...

Still gluing all the pieces together, but almost done there. But I do have the strapping system ready as I'm taking it from the back brace I'm using to hold up the thighs.

Made a few more snap plates up in the mean time using webbing and a soldering iron to pierce the holes, which works great as it seals the holes from fraying at the same time... and also along the edges.

IMAG1291_zps8fdcc806.jpg

IMAG1292_zpsf559596e.jpg

IMAG1294_zpse42deb9d.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't you cut the butt tab off? I think I put the pic of how it should be cut right in my thread, but I have some more pics to post there that might help too that I haven't uploaded yet.

And no Griff, the part about applying the glue with popsicle sticks was still valid.

Almost there now!

Shins complete with snap plates inside lower section to snap to the boots tab, thighs complete and snaps fitted for garter/back brace system.

Ab and kidney panel connected and straps added between the kidney and butt piece. Strapping system/braces installed inside ab and kidney.

Arms done, biceps and shoulder bells connected with snap plates and straps (bicep fitted almost halfway up into shoulder bell). Snap plated added to top of shoulder bell for connection to webbing between chest and back pieces.

Belt fitted last night (just have to drill into ab panel to connect either snaps or chicago screws through to the belt) and shoulder bridges heated up and bent to fit properly over the AM armor detailing (requires a slight curve). Get them glued to the chest panel later (free floating in the back). Double snaps added to both the inside of chest and back pieces at the shoulders, and still to add the webbing and snaps to go between them.

Then away we go, my GML are just waiting on my pics for approval :D

Padding almost complete inside helmet...

IMAG1349_zpsf75b33d0.jpg

Belt attached and holes drilled through ab piece with extra snaps...

IMAG1350_zpse48ab1e3.jpg

Shiny belt....

IMAG1351_zps662a0a01.jpg

Should be finished today or tomorrow then to send in my pics for approval as my squad have a big parade to troop in next weekend! :peace:

Sighs I remember when there was 3 of us down under as tx's and now there's how many lol ....

Like the look of the finished armour build and build pics .and is that the AM kit ? Guess it time for mine to upgrade yet again to match rest of new bloods down under :)

Cheers

Wolf

Btw love the wolf pic can I ask for a copy for a tattoo design ?

Sighs I remember when there was 3 of us down under as tx's and now there's how many lol ....

Like the look of the finished armour build and build pics .and is that the AM kit ? Guess it time for mine to upgrade yet again to match rest of new bloods down under :)

Cheers

Wolf

Btw love the wolf pic can I ask for a copy for a tattoo design ?

Haha cheers Wolf... If I get approval I'll actually be the 1st and only Shadow Trooper in Western Australia and in the Desert Scorpion Squad :thumbsup:

I know there are quite a few of you over east in the other squads though.

Yeah it's an AM kit too mate. I'll PM you now about the wolf design :)

It's great beening a 1st ;) . If I make it to a con or troop there I have a closer look as I do like your tweaks and mods . With mine I had stomper's wired hovi's hooked to a rom fx pro .

Also little tip I used to pack in my troop bag a pack of cotton gloves from cheap shops so when I armoured up I won't leave finger prints on it and took the gloves off as last thing to swap into the nomex gloves . And you been told bout the dish washing liquid trick ? Inside the lenses to stop them fogging up ;)

Cheers

Wolf

Oh yer almost forgot get word to me when you pass muster and I send ya a recent spec op patch .

It's great beening a 1st ;) . If I make it to a con or troop there I have a closer look as I do like your tweaks and mods . With mine I had stomper's wired hovi's hooked to a rom fx pro .

Also little tip I used to pack in my troop bag a pack of cotton gloves from cheap shops so when I armoured up I won't leave finger prints on it and took the gloves off as last thing to swap into the nomex gloves . And you been told bout the dish washing liquid trick ? Inside the lenses to stop them fogging up ;)

Cheers

Wolf

Oh yer almost forgot get word to me when you pass muster and I send ya a recent spec op patch .

Cheers! :thumbsup: I think the next major one will be OzComic-con

Nice tip with the cotton gloves and washing liquid, I hadn't thought about the long term of suiting up so the gloves will come in handy.

I've got Evilboys twin fan kit so hopefully that will help with the fogging... it does in my ROTJ armor I wore at a charity event last month. :)

And thanks for the offer of the patch... I'll definitely take you up on that! :)