neoakaj's swampy build

Thanks! As it turns out I am building this from 90% b-grades

Jim, I was just reviewing the CRL again and I see that the helmet details are listed as black, but Chief mentioned to do them grey like the standard scout. Can you confirm what color they should be

I also see the knees say to match the snout, which is also listed as needing to be black in the lvl2 section.

Details on the lid 'should' be as per the standard scout.

Snout, grey, details on the lid, grey/black (on the ones where both is present), and the black pin-striping on the back. (basically use the standard scout decals).

Knees, also grey.

I have some bgrade parts that Ian not using as of now if you need some. I think they are drop boxes. I will put up a oic as soon as I get home :)

Thanks! As it turns out I am building this from 90% b-grades

Jim, I was just reviewing the CRL again and I see that the helmet details are listed as black, but Chief mentioned to do them grey like the standard scout. Can you confirm what color they should be

I also see the knees say to match the snout, which is also listed as needing to be black in the lvl2 section.

Yep, that was addressed in the updated CRL we sent to the Legion. A few other details were cleared up as well. As Chef mentioned, just follow his direction. The link to the updated CRL also has the changes in it.

http://forum.specops501st.com/crls/Swamptrooper

photo4_zps8ef3c191.jpg

photo3_zpsd80f4ae6.jpg

photo21_zps517f80f6.jpg

photo12_zps92659975.jpg

photo31_zpsdee253de.jpg

photo11_zps45c7b3c8.jpg

photo22_zpsfd7ef637.jpg

Really, looking good Jason. You are bringing this one to life. You know, right now - there is only one other approved Swamptrooper in the Legion (Dartoftruth). Keep up the great work!

photo1_zpse3de5248.jpg

Only 1 other approved..... pressure increasing!!!

I have a thing for scouts and I feel that I need to build all the variants, except maybe the Kashyyyk trooper.... and thats why I sent that inquiry into the sea trooper.

I do have some plans for this one! We have a Magma trooper in my squad and I think having a green and red trooper would make for a great Christmas card

As for the drop boxes, Ill take them. I might not sure them for this as I just got a hold of some MC ones but I think I have a idea.

I have a thing for scouts and I feel that I need to build all the variants, except maybe the Kashyyyk trooper.

You and me both buddy.

I've done the Scout, Storm Commando, and Snow Scout up to now. Forest trooper is next on my list, followed by Sea Trooper. Swampy will come last.

And the Kashyyyk!!! Wash your mouth out with soap young man. That's no Scout, that's a CLONE!

Don't forget the black edging around your snout.

Im torn on what one to do next. Weir is next but I dont really consider him "next" as I have everything for it except the bandoleers... Wont be until June/July until Woodchuck can get to them.

Im leaning to a snow scout BUT depending on what happens with my new job as well as some projects im working on(cough 3PO) I may just go standard white.

I am leaning away from the snow scout now and might go something else. I am going to do a simple officer like scanning crew. I need something that I can get into and move around easy to help look after the rest of the troopers. My fiancee's costume requires a lot of upkeep and I want to be able to look after her easy until her next one is finished. As it sits, I am only a hat away from either a scanning crew or a reserve TIE.

After that however, I might go....... TDK!!!!

Has anyone ever found or thought about a Magma Scout? Even if its not a 501st costume, I might do it!

• 1 year later...

I think its time that I resurrect this project and get it done. I mean the only things I need to do for it is some elastic for the shoulders, glue the tank topper on, and boom done!!

Look for updates soon

I am leaning away from the snow scout now and might go something else. I am going to do a simple officer like scanning crew. I need something that I can get into and move around easy to help look after the rest of the troopers. My fiancee's costume requires a lot of upkeep and I want to be able to look after her easy until her next one is finished. As it sits, I am only a hat away from either a scanning crew or a reserve TIE.

After that however, I might go....... TDK!!!!

Has anyone ever found or thought about a Magma Scout? Even if its not a 501st costume, I might do it!

Where you able to get the hat you needed? I actually have one on hand.

A magma scout that would be very interesting indeed.

Good luck with your builds.

Yep I was able to get both a green and black hat. I was going to start producing them but now that Anovos has really nice ones at a good price, I am letting that one go.

Magmascout!!!!! Oh and Ashtrooper!!!!!!

As for this, I am going to be away from my shop, but not a computer, May 2nd - May 9th so I wont be able to finish it until the following week. This is something I always wanted to do and I am glad that it will be done soon and join the green side!!!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

So I took my helmet out to my storage and put it with the rest of the armor. Here is where I am at with it. All I need to do is cut out some end caps and paint them, a little sewing on the bund, and assemble the back hump. It will be done soon!!!!!!