NC Helmet build

a small update, ill rough cast the pieces to provide a stronger platform as the bondo is thick to work with, itll make things easier working on resin, so i put edging on after the second bondo sanding. the rough cast will allow me to work more efficiently not having to worry about the fiberglass or flexing n stuff, so i can smooth everything out better on the face too

14754202292_4ff5c30561_z.jpg

the chin and aerator spaces built up

14774394753_b091cca3d8_z.jpg

cut out the frown and add lip for the visor to show raised shapes in the rough cast

14754201692_5d9e388935_z.jpg

a few more refs, it should be noted that the nc in these 2 pics is a modified version of the ps2 game model. the shins, forearms, belt, belt detonators, shoulder bells, and hands are incorrect and off of a tk model, you can tell in the color difference and weathering, also, the chest and backs are flipped horizontally in error by the modeller corra_ashu who ripped them from the game, but the helmet, torso parts are still valid for reference if someone wants to add them to the reference pic thread. another thing is the knees on this model are supposed to line up with the top ofthe shins, not float upward in a diamond shape seen here

14567910059_5f8b39a184_o.jpg

14754246612_23ddb5c8eb_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are doing the 'in game' version mate, the LMO stated that the backplate needs to match the visual ref with the 'hump' coming in straight off the shoulders and taking up almost the entire width of the backplate (so larger than the Clone style), this was the main reason I had to classify mine as the 'Realistic' version

Like this;

DSCN1487.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...