JK II Shadowtrooper Helmet Sculpt

More updates!

It's all glued together now and ready for some sanding! I had to reprint the rear part of the helmet as it didn't quite fit, but its all ready for finishing now. :)

w0F8dha.jpg?2

And I was going to start sanding it this weekend, but I got a little distracted by working on some new acquisitions...

jRtuP2X.jpg?1

Fivezero

:D

And yes, you absolutely deserve this helmet DE.... :thumbsup:

Holy Mary mother of God!

........Goonies

Oh don't worry, these guys are in the mid-range of what we have... :P You can probably just barely make out the rifle cartridge at the bottom. :)

n39WtLK.jpg?1x7sI1ec.jpg?1

And here's the rest of it, shells and casings fired by almost every tank, tank destroyer, anti-tank gun and howitzer since WWII... There's a couple projectiles missing that are out in the garage being restored currently. We usually display a bit of it with our WWII halftrack at shows (we have ti painted to represent a field artillery unit). This is another thing Fivezero has been up to lately, oh and don't worry it is all inert. :thumbsup:

tVwX2FC.jpg?1

That looks like a 105 round! Cool!

Close, they're late WWII experimental 90mm Armor Piercing rounds. Some local farmer auctioned off a bunch of stuff this past weekend, how he got a hold of two experimental rounds is a mystery to me. :blink: But don't worry we do have 105mm tank and howitzer rounds. :)

Fivezero

:D

That's really fascinating. I'll bet there's a few 88's in there as well. One of my interests is WWII history particularly D-Day and El Alamein. My Grandfather was with Patton's Third Armor and swung across France. Amazing man and amazing stories. Great to see those who keeping those memories alive.

• 1 month later...

Alright now that Celebration has come and gone, it's time to get this helmet back out! Did a bunch of sanding yesterday to smooth the helmet out... It's still rough, but a little body filler will take care of that! :thumbsup:

dChmkKj.jpg?1

And after I got the helmet "smoothed" to where I wanted it, I proceeded to cut out the frown.

lqJXfnN.jpg?1

I'm going to the back sanded down today as well as getting it fitted to front of the helmet. Then I'll cut out some teeth to glue in as well as add some other details, then it's filler time!! :D

Did some more sanding today! Got the back sanded down, also did some sanding on the inside to make it a little more comfortable to wear, still have a couple spots to take care of, but overall I'm much happier with this helmet.

cxcwSLM.jpg?1

And I even put some filler on it!

OLzzCoJ.jpg?1

Getting there Steve! :D

And yesterday was a big day of sanding, filler, sanding, etc. I still have a couple of spots to take care of, but it looks like I'll be doing the details on the helmet this weekend and hopefully get it in some primer! :D

jibNmV0.jpg?1

FoSkpHD.jpg?1

o8PFzm9.jpg?2

UkoMSse.jpg?2

iAcnSOV.jpg?1

zJO50s8.jpg?1

Almost there! I had to add some strips of plastic to extend the helmet a bit and better fit the back to the front. Then I threw some filler over it. Also I knocked the helmet off the bench... So I had to do some gluing to fix a few cracks (i.e. it completely fell apart and I had to glue it back together).

U1lpIxi.jpg?1

I sanded the filler down and all the excess glue and a little sanding to dial the fitment in.

InbWEoR.jpg?1

Tomorrow I've got to sand down a couple spots, then I'm going to brush some fiberglass resin on the inside to help reinforce it. Then detailing (hopefully primer too)!! :D