Going Evo Shadow Style

Alright here is a few updates not too many. Still unsatisfied with the brow trim so still working on that. I had to make some measurement adjustments for some of the detailed stuff so it looks good on the helmet and I updated that information in the CRL.. I am approaching this way differently with the weathering than my DW so I hope what I plan on doing works out.

Here are the pics only two.

0613151631_zpsnpn7bvqi.jpg

0613151631a_zpsklrgifwu.jpg

I plan on finishing up the detailed parts then do the weathering. So far I like where this is going so far. I am hoping to have some more time to work on this later this week. :)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright small update. I had to put working on this on hold because of school. I finally will get to start working on the helmet next week. Still searching for that perfect visor but I got some ideas I can utilize if I cant get the exact one i want. On an awesome note the FA-# Fletchette I commissioned woodchuck to make is complete and I will be picking that up this weekend. its so pretty

11053045_491691287678665_8002052160512381342_n_zpssdvnp6gg.jpg

It lights up :D So looking forward to painting that as well.

After all that is finished get to play the waiting game for add on parts and Anovos TK.

Probably will start looking for boots and sew the pouches while i wait :D

Chuck makes the best stuff. Way to go Dorothy. I love it!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright Well I finally finished painting the FA-3 Fletchette so tomorrow one last look over then spray the gloss/matte finish on it and call it finished for now.

I have yet to get more work down on my SET helmet as the weather in Florida is retarded and its like one minute sunny nice the next starts pouring down rain. Or like on Tuesday just rained all day.

So hopefully tomorrow the weather will be better so i can get some more progress on the SET helmet.

Anyway here is some pictures, my camera isnt the best, im not the worlds best painter when it comes to detailed stuff but i think it came out pretty good. Enjoy

PEW PEW

0722151400a_zps3vesa0eq.jpg

0722151400c_zpshktmzxwa.jpg

0722151400b_zpswnao4v3c.jpg

0722151359_zpshualxwnv.jpg

0722151351_zps0c64yei8.jpg

0722151359a_zpsf0tzrnza.jpg

0722151400_zpsjbrkrxsd.jpg

0722151359b_zpsanb4czww.jpg

0722151350_zpsmr10hzkq.jpg

Oh btw there are red and green leds that the red switch turns on and if you push the button in the trigger area there are blue leds that light up from the barrel :D

That looks amazing! I absolutely love the lights Chuck put in there as well.

P.S. I see Dorothy-foot ;)

• Like 1

That looks amazing! I absolutely love the lights Chuck put in there as well.

P.S. I see Dorothy-foot ;)

lol thanks

Well of course it rained today and looks like I will be raining all day so not able to do what i wanted to go figure lol. I will try again tomorrow hopefully but Fan Boy Expo is happening so most likely next week for the SET helmet. The FA-3 Fletchette is coming with me tomorrow though.

• 3 weeks later...

Bad news have to put this project on hold due to lack of funding. So I have the helmet and blaster as display for now. Hopefully I can revisit this again later next year etc. Thanks

You'll get back to it when you are able! For now, you can always just ogle the blaster.

Either way, best of luck in getting funding, Dorothy!

- Master Tej -

Thanks I definitely will be revisiting this for sure and I will post pics once I finish the helmet

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Stand was made for the FA-3 Fletchette

12885869_10153771418461773_331062985802611969_o_zpspjka0tsw.jpg

Helmet will be finished before TBCC. Still chilling in my closet as of now though.

Still not sure if this costume will actually be made though it might in like the late future but for now still a no go.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Well after much thought and since i have finished my deathwatch. This project will be officially a go.I have no idea when I will finish it but I will be shooting for before 2019 Celebration I will try to update my progress as I go along.I kept thinking so many times how much i just wanted to do this costume. Deathwatch was costing me so much money at the time and plus i had no job security so i had to abandon this and now that things have changed I am happy to be doing a costume that I wanted to do in the first place.

• Like 1

Hooray

I start work in May so I shall have some money to buy the extra parts in June :D What boots did you end up using for your evo trooper? If they only come in white that wont be an issue to paint them I know the perfect place to buy the right type of paint for boots had to do it with MT boots :D

Awesome to hear! I've got a little work to do on the EVO stuff, I'll get them out this weekend and get some work done on them! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

https://www.amazon.c...GSK3QSJ6F72ZFDW

So I was thinking about your visor issue. I used this to make my Shadow lenses. It can be heated and curved. If you cut this and attach / run the blue LED strip around the outside edge, the blue will illuminate the acrylic and the mirrored surface will reflect the light so your eyes will not be seen. I thought about this when I was contemplating a TFU Shadow Stormtrooper build. Here is an example of what I am talking about:

• Like 1

Thanks I will definitely look into this it looks like a good option.Right now just waiting on Ty to finish up the add on pieces and some money to purchase a TK kit to use the parts from. I have someone local just waiting for enough money. So this is still a project that is underway. :D Thanks again for the tips i appreciate it.

https://www.amazon.c...GSK3QSJ6F72ZFDW

So I was thinking about your visor issue. I used this to make my Shadow lenses. It can be heated and curved. If you cut this and attach / run the blue LED strip around the outside edge, the blue will illuminate the acrylic and the mirrored surface will reflect the light so your eyes will not be seen. I thought about this when I was contemplating a TFU Shadow Stormtrooper build. Here is an example of what I am talking about:

• Like 1