Fivezero's Nova

Fivezero

• 1 month later...

So I went ahead and sent in my application the other day for this thing. :devil: My GML said the only problem was my boots (I figured they weren't going to work anyway but thought I might try). I have been unable to locate any good boots in my size, 14. Everything I see usually goes up to about 12 or 13, so I'm going to have to work something out (If anyone knows where to get some size 14 ones that'd be awesome!) Otherwise he said it looks great.

He also said my MG-42 is fine for trooping, just not for my profile picture.

Fivezero

:D

(After this thing gets approved, I promise to get back on track with my other projects too) :whistling:

Here ya go Iz, I got them from Payless (I think) but it seems they are no longer available (tried to get a link to the site).

DSCF0013-1.jpg

DSCF0012-1.jpg

Sorry they looks so bad right now, they got tossed around and beat up so all the polish is coming off.

Fivezero

Those look pretty tall. Guess you don't have to worry about them slipping out of your shins. Give them a good polish, and you'll be set to go. If your GML has any questions he can talk to Crazas or myself. He can always just post your completed armor up for Thomas to see and let him make the call as well.

-iz

Not quite yet, almost there though (thanks anyway :)). I figured if I ran into any problems like my boots then I can sort them out and I'd be ready to go by my birthday.

Also I'll try talking to my GML about the boots like you said Izzi, thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow, it's been awhile...

So with all my crazy builds the last couple months I've neglected my poor Novas! :(

So after my first couple troops, I noticed the legs needed a little work since my kneeplate kept getting stuck underneath the thigh. That and it was a little tough to walk around in.

Situation resolved:

229417_1373961246130_1744793666_629496_7101606_n-1-1.jpg

DSCF0003-6-2.jpg

I moved the elastic straps down on the thighs to pull them up to the ab plate in addition to cutting about a quarter inch off of the thighs further making them come up higher.

I also adjusted the arms since they were acting a little screwy after my first troop (however those fixes were awhile ago).

So this is a testament to the fact that you are never done working on your armor. :)

Fivezero

Oh I forgot to mention that I needed to work on some black armor (it had been so long, i forgot how good the black is :D) as that white stuff for the EVO started making my hands break out with strange rashes.... :lol:

You mean tightened them up to ab plate? Because that's what I did by adjusting the strapping and cutting a little plastic off.

If you meant tightened them up as in bringing them closer to my legs, that can't happen due to my massive thigh muscles... :D

• 3 years later...

Man this thing is dusty!

Well I've been wanting to repaint my bucket for awhile now. But kinda held off on it since it's usually my primary trooping costume. Well with the EVO back up, time to give my Elite Nova a little love. :)

First thing is to make a new belt, mine had cracked in a few places and finally snapped at the last troop which had led to all of this. So here is the new face cut out. I'll use the boxes from the old belt to cast some new ones out of urethane resin and then secure them to the new belt face.

DSCF0008_zpsqczloml0.jpg

Helmet all torn apart. :(

DSCF0009_zpsw3un3hkp.jpg

Basically this helmet was the first thing I ever painted and well I fix some of the mistakes I made and make it look a little better. So let the sanding begin!

DSCF0011_zps8zaoc3pk.jpg

DSCF0012_zpsemst3ors.jpg

Fivezero

• Like 1

While you're at it, can you fix my screw-ups too? ;)