well... its a start!

The frown is actually decal'd flat black, and if you noticed I addressed the issue of the shoulders I just haven't been able to take a picture of it just yet. I'm not exactly sure what to say about the cod piece... What do you mean by tight???

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The frown is actually decal'd flat black, and if you noticed I addressed the issue of the shoulders I just haven't been able to take a picture of it just yet. I'm not exactly sure what to say about the cod piece... What do you mean by tight???

Ah I have never seen the black frown, wasn't aware it could be black. But I see that now after reading the CRL again.

Sorry wasn't bashing on the shoulders I know you said they were messed up. Just wondering what was there now, just looked flat so wasnt sure if they were unfinished or not present at all.

As far as being tight, it just don't look like there is much space between the cod and top of thigh piece. I guess my concern would be the range of motion while walking and all. Seems like it would pinch or clash quite a bit.

Ohhhhhh, sorry about that with the frown, i was going for an actual blackhole trooper with this bucket... Not like all you shiny guys... Jk. You are right about the cod piece, this is before I had some webbing to use as some suspenders, kind of like how elp has his done, I'll try to take updated photos today, but I'm actually very happy that everything being mentioned so far has already been taken cared of

Everything looks alright. My only issue is the chest piece, I am not sure how others chest are but mine does not Wrap around the sides like yours seems too. Not sure if that is just a personal preference or not. Here is a picture of my side, hopefully give you an idea of what im talking about. Also clean your armor up ha see all those finger prints :P

431615_2512529946395_1647556005_1915418_118346622_n.jpg

Everything looks alright. My only issue is the chest piece, I am not sure how others chest are but mine does not Wrap around the sides like yours seems too. Not sure if that is just a personal preference or not. Here is a picture of my side, hopefully give you an idea of what im talking about. Also clean your armor up ha see all those finger prints :P

431615_2512529946395_1647556005_1915418_118346622_n.jpg

You may be seeing his ab/kidney plates coming together underneath...with the chest/back overlap on-top. Should be fine for general clearance. And hey...dirty armor is an active "Rebel slaying" trooper! :)

AM armoir is tricky to trim to get to fit your body. Well not exactly tricky but tedious. I ended up trimming the sides of the chest off, as well as the trimming back the neck opening of the chest. I also trimmed the back piece quite a bit. Lots of trimming, test fitting, trimming...until I thought it was right (based off my TE2 armor).

I think John's armor is good enough to pass clearance - but your armor could be trimmed further for a better fit. My suggestion is raising the chest and back piece and getting the butt/lower back pieces pulled down because it looks like the upper back is too low and the lower back/butt is too high. Just my thoughts

Here's a pic of the side of mine trimmed

leftside.jpg

And here is the back of mine

backa.jpg

• 3 weeks later...