GattiRenata's Shadow Scout build - advice much appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

Alright!!!!! Done!!!! Sorry for the disappearance lol

I had to focus on something a bit more important (also legion related of course! Lol cause that's how I roll!!!!! Lol)

But now I feel I can get back to the costume!

Just ordered the boots (last one on the list as you guys suggested)

And next week I'll order the gloves!!!!

Hopefully I will have some more update pics this weekend :)

Hang in there Ren. He likely will snap out of it once the inflammation calms down. Thoughts with you guys.

Thanks Todd! It doesn't really seem likely tho. Today was a nightmare of a day that started at 3am with him screaming in pain. We were referred to a neurologist and it looks like he needs surgery. :( he will have an MRI done Wednesday to see what it will need to be done. But he is in a lot of pain and very uncomfortable so they think surgery Is the way to go :(

I couldn't even drive today he just screamed in the car. :( I literally left my car where lever we were and called an uber.

Of course I have no idea what is going in with Mac, but I can tell you that our maltese had a back pinch that sounds like all of the same behavior: screaming, immobility, etc. Eventually his back calmed down and he was ok aside from a few fits here and there. He lived for years after that. Hang in there you two.

Thank you!!!!

We got the results and things aren't as simple but it seems they are good news.

The vet believes he has 2 mild conditions (one he was born with and we just found out because of the MRI) that together are causing intense pain. But they are not treatable and none are life threatening. Just really painful.

We were able to get him specific medication and the vet told me I should see improvement quickly. I just didn't believe it would be so quick. :)

One dose of the medication and he was already acting differently!

More himself.

What a huge relief.

I got my boots this week and I didn't even have the desire to open the package! That's how bad I was!

Hopefully I can get back on track now that he is on the mend. I definitely need the distraction. And it's so sad that I am so close to done and can't finish it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! My pup isn't 100% just yet :(

It's kind of hard. Sometimes I can't tell if he is bored, depressed (from just being crated and not able to play and go for a nice walk) or if he is being too guarded because he remembers the pain, or if he is really in pain!

:(

But what really stopped me a lot from getting back to this build was the mess in my apartment.

My tiny place is tiny and macs new HUGE crate took half of it. I also made the mistake of setting it up in a way I couldn't get to my sewing table. :(

But I fixed that issue this weekend!

I also quickly finished the cumberbatch and fixed the best collar, added the Velcro!

Hopefully I can finish all the sewing this weekend.

I feel like I have soooooo little left to do and just can't get to it! Fingers crossed that this weekend I can! :)

Yeeey I'm back again today!!!!!

I looked around for my phone of pattern for the pouches and I couldn't find it. Believe me going through my patterns again and again and maybe even my fabric buns would take so much longer than making new patterns. Hahahah

So I just made new ones.

I followed the studio creations measurements BUT I reduced it a tad bit!!!

Cause I have a much smaller frame so I think it will look better on me.

But I also don't want them to look small! Does it make sense!?!?

So for example...

The front and back height said 17.75cm I just did 17.5cm

The "length" said 15.5cm and I did 15.

Like I said. Just a little bit. I'm not even sure if it will make too much of a difference.

But as long as it looks proportional I'm cool with it

23910c5d2215e21c43e7de8be4bb9377.jpg

I bet Chef has some advice here regarding bund dimensions for your frame. PM him.

For your bund, measure down from your armpit to your navel line.

That will give you the correct height for your bund, Don't add in any extra for seam allowance, just use this measurement. When you've seamed it, it will be a little shorter so won't sitright up in your armpits. Hey presto.

For the length, measure around your torso, under your bust. Women are a bit tricky (it's a woman's prerogative apparently!) so you'll need to measure your waist too... If they are widely different you may need to taper the bund to suit. remember to add in 2" for your closure and a bit for seam allowance.

Pouch wise if you've got your armour and you can put it on.

Measure from the bottom of the chest plate to top of the belt. That will give you the height of your pouch. The width of the pouch is about an inch smaller than the height. Depth of the pouch is around 1.75",

Hope that helps.

That helps a lot chef! Thank goodness I didn't cut the pouches yet! I have no clue where I put my fabric! :( another reason why u hate taking so long to work on a costume. :(

I can't find the fabric for the pouches and the suede. And the butt flap I already sewed :( I was soooo freaking pissed.

I looked everywhere.

It's not like it grew legs and walked away but I gave up looking and gonna buy new ones! :(

But I'll get the measurements from my chest piece to the belt to make sure it's good like that!!!!

I already made the cumberbatch.

I'm not very "curvatious" lmao

Sad but true.

The difference between torso waist and hips aren't that big of a deal so I just made it straight. Lol

It may be kind of sad as a girl but it definitely makes fitting these costumes much easier. Like with my TK.... I read some girls had issues with the butt plates sticking out because of the curve.... I did NOT have that issue! AT ALL! Lol

I'll try to send pics today so you guys can see.

• Like 1