Cole's Build Thread...finally....

Rotccole

Ok, I got some work done today. My shoes and pauldron got in yesterday and I began experimenting with the gold paint.

100_1984.JPG

100_1987.JPG

Dont know if you can see them but I see little dark brown spots on it...I'm trying a few more coats of primer to see if that helps.

100_1989.JPG

Got the back and shoulders done as well and sanded the chest mounts for them.

And now for a little humor...this is my home. Lubbock, Texas USA.

LubbockTX08_1nc_o.JPG

While everyone else is getting snow, rain, or sunny weather, in Lubbock, Texas (look it up on google maps if necessary) for the millionth time since I've moved to the "Dust Bowl" it has rained mud....yes mud.

100_1982.JPG

100_1983.JPG

<_<:down::6: Just got my truck washed too.

Nope, it'll make it too thick and will never dry. Just wipe it down with some rubbing alcohol let it dry then put LIGHT coats of paint on until it looks good. Put it on too thick and the vinyl will prevent it from ever drying properly.

-iz

I did this... Mine is still "tacky" two months later lol. Gonna have to get another one and try again.

No you don't! (Though it might be easier) Take some turpentine and a cloth (wear gloves) and just soak the cloth and rub as much paint of as you can. Then let it dry for a few days (or a week!) and repaint. I actually had to do that with Splat's Magma pauldron, as it was a grey one that I painted gold for the nova, then replaced it with a nicer one, so I painted it black for his (my?) Magma.

I'd suggest doing that if you ever need to do paint touchups on the pauldron as well. It never does seem to dry 100%

-iz