Star Wars Battlefront (2004): Phase 0 Dark Trooper CRL Discussion

6 hours ago, Blue Hatter said:

The boot and armor descriptions sound fine to me. Will the sole color (gray) be required or will either black or gray be acceptable? It's a fairly small detail so I don't think that it'll make much of a difference one way or the other, but I thought that I'd bring it up anyway.

I realized that I forgot to include a reference to the soles being different, which would make the assumption that they match the boot color which states close to armor and I realize that may be hard for the sole. We should probably put in there that the gray should be close to the armor color. In the reference photos it is a contrasting (barely) gray, not black.

I'm going to go back to my last post above and make an edit accordingly.

• Like 1

hey guys, sorry I kinda fell off the face of the earth for a bit.  Ive kind of been swamped both at work and at home, and until today I havent gotten anythig done as far as forum work.  I had to set up a work office from scratch, go through an audit, pass that, and ive got serious family drama going on right now.   But Im able to come back into the forums now.  

Reading and catching up. 

===caught up===

the soles will just need to be painted for the CRL and wear, and like anything else it will just wear off and need to be repainted.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

hey guys, sorry I kinda fell off the face of the earth for a bit.  Ive kind of been swamped both at work and at home, and until today I havent gotten anythig done as far as forum work.  I had to set up a work office from scratch, go through an audit, pass that, and ive got serious family drama going on right now.   But Im able to come back into the forums now.  

Reading and catching up. 

===caught up===

the soles will just need to be painted for the CRL and wear, and like anything else it will just wear off and need to be repainted.  

I agree with that, they definitely cannot be black. Have to have at least some shade semblance to the armor color or a touch darker than that. That is what I have pulled from the actual game. I can try and get even more pics of the boots and boot armor if we need them since I have the game on my PC.

The soles look like a fairly light or medium gray to me, definitely not the gray-blue of the armor. See the area outline the shoe near the center of the image? That's the color of the sides of the rubber sole on the game model. The footprint on the upper left side is the bottom of the rubber sole.

Imp-inf-darktrooper.png

And on this side image you can more easily see the difference between the gray-blue shoe and the medium gray sole.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/wMRZ5tm/P0-Trooper07.jpg[/img]

How often would a person need to be painting the bottom of a boot in order to be determined as "accurate"?

I feel like that would wear off after every outing if you were to paint the bottom of a rubber boot and walk around in it for any length of time.

My Endor commando boots are painted Boots Brown *yes its a color) and it really didnt flake off.  My ATAT Door gunner shoes are painted white acrylic (in the old way of doing things) and they flake off just putting them on.  With a modern paint like Rustoleum2x on a clean sole, my bet is that it will stick a bit in the areas that do not get a lot of flex, but will wear down on the contact points and around the heel edge. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, Mr.Nova said:

How's everyone doing? It got a little quiet in here, lol. Just wanted to make sure everyone's alive and well.

I'm doing well! As with most elections and command changes there is a tiny bit of lag time on things as we transition projects over. We are pretty well organized with what was done previously so it hasn't been too hard!

I know that @Blue Hatter is still working on the rigging for the armor.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...