Mark's Death Trooper Build

There's a lot of energy currently being focused toward the Shoretrooper, but I think many will be walking away from Rogue One in love with these menacing troopers. I was in love as soon as I saw the green glow from the helmet and the Vader-esque belt buckle. Mark is certainly at the forefront when it comes to researching this costume.

• Like 1
There's a lot of energy currently being focused toward the Shoretrooper, but I think many will be walking away from Rogue One in love with these menacing troopers. I was in love as soon as I saw the green glow from the helmet and the Vader-esque belt buckle. Mark is certainly at the forefront when it comes to researching this costume.

Same for me :) Everyone loves Special Forces right, and these troopers have SF written all over them?

Thanks mate, there is some great work going on with the armour. We are a small but dedicated bunch ;)

I've not been able to cast the shoulder buckles yet as I ran out of silicone for the mold but I should have some more tomorrow.

I am happier with the lower d-ring casts now. There are occasionally a couple of large air bubbles on the underside of (which will be out of sight when mounted on the armour) but I have technique for dealing with them :)

I hope to be able to supply these, along with the shoulder buckles, in due course. They will come cleaned of overspill, etc but will require finishing/painting by the purchaser.

Fabric has arrived for the large belt pouches and so has the abs! Now to finish my vac former. Lol

Also got some black silicone pigment as I am going to turn my attention to the handplates soon.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Another small milestone tonight. I have got the first cast from my belt box mold.

Collage 2016-08-13 00_05_54_zpshvysmw8p.jpg

Tiny bit of shrinkage on the back corners (fillable though) and a bit heavy for my liking!

It had been suggested elsewhere that I should try slush casting it instead. So I give that a go and see how I get on!

I agree that slush casting will prove lighter, and this piece doesn't need to be very strong. How exciting!

• Like 2

Another small milestone, I now have a complete set out of my molds

20160815_234022_zpsirux8jxm.jpg

I am thinking of doing a limited production run of these after I come back from holiday.

• Like 2
For the boxes could you not use a foam core?

I did consider that but could not work out an easy way to do it! I've got some threaded inserts on order and will give slush casting a going once I get back from holiday.

I decided to start sculpting the handplates tonight. Using air drying clay as the base material on which I'll layer P38 (bondo) so that I can get the smooth finish and sharp edges :)

20160816_221859_zps5ww1nqaf_edit_1471382746853_zpsccmg0jae.jpg

Once they are finished I'll be casting them in Black silicone rubber to make them flexible.

I've never done it but it doesn't look too hard :

That's what I thought ^_^ Need to modify my mold though which I'll do when I mix the silicone for the handplates molds.

Jim (Griffin-X) posted up some nice photos last night and one has confirmed my suspicions about the D-Rings on the chestplate. The lower ones and their alignment suggested that the were not part of the armour strapping system as they are nit horizontal but rather had some other purpose.

The close-up of the Death Trooper with the heavy weapon, pauldron and ammo harness shows that the strapping of the harness is attached to this lower d-ring and I suspect the upper one too!

2016-08-17 06.39.10_zpspylpxvod.png

But that leads onto another question, how is the armour joined under the arms!?!

• Like 1

Glad those helped you. It almost looks like he's got a pouch like system in the front that straps up and around his waist, too. In the lower right you can see the strap that likely goes around his midsection. If I had to guess, the armor is setup pretty similar to the TFA stormtroopers. Seeing as this is coming after that movie (filming wise), it would make sense that they would follow a similar pattern.

None of the SE-14R kits that are currently available seem to have the level of detailing seem on the SWCE mannequins. So I have ordered a cheapish SE -14R kit today with a view to modifying it to match (at least on the visible side) ☺

Will provide updates when available.

None of the SE-14R kits that are currently available seem to have the level of detailing seem on the SWCE mannequins. So I have ordered a cheapish SE -14R kit today with a view to modifying it to match (at least on the visible side) ☺

Will provide updates when available.

Have you contacted Shawn Morgan? He makes the best SE-14R available. I have owned one myself, and it's quite a piece of work.

IMG_3665b.jpg

IMG_3666b.jpg

That looks to be a pretty good match once you remove the lower scope, barrel tip and change the upper scope mount ☺ The main blaster is an e-11 variant. I plan on using a doopys pipe kit and as the base 😉

• Like 2