Jimmiroquai - Death Trooper Helmet and Armor WIP

Hi Jim. Looking good mate. Glad to see this one is now progressing :)

A couple of things that hit me straight away with the abdominal plate:

2016-11-13%2017.05.12_zpskqhzyrej.jpg

The vertical strip which I have circled is not pronounced enough. If you look at the SWCE costume you can see that it is level with the horizontal slates.

The other thing is that the plate with the disc on it looks to be a separate piece that has been added afterwards. It also has a slight curve to it. :)

I'll take a look at the rest in more detail later and update you on what I see.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Backplate looks good. Being really picky the dial greeblie (to the left as you look at it) looks to be a bit small!? This maybe an optical illusion as it is thicker that the SWCE costume, but the dial on the SWCE costume definitely has 16 indents, yours has 13.

There are a number of additional details that I have circled in red. :)

One other thing! The have disc below the back box looks to be indented rather than just outlined. Can't really tell whether your's is an outline or indented? The weathering on the SWCE costume is evidence of the indented disc. :)

What are the dimensions of you backplate box?

2016-11-13 20.18.05_zpsqigp72oq.jpg

2016-11-13 20.15.29_zpsp8tkwm3b.png

Thanks for the detailed feed back! Always helps to have another set of eyes, especially at this stage. Will make the details pop out more on the abs and try to make the central plate seem more like a separate piece while keeping it part of the sculpt to simplify the build. Our back pack box is 11x11.5", including the slantes area.

• Like 2

I have a couple of points on the shoulder Bells :)

2016-11-14%2006.22.09_zpsr92nr1ig.jpg

It may just be an optical illusion due to the shape of the shoulder bell but the detailing I have circled in red looks to have more of a curve to it on the SWCE costume.

Also the two slanted lines are considerable thicker than the pair of vertical ones on the CE costume. I can't really tell whether that is the case with yours?

Perfectionist me would say that the pair of vertical lines on your shoulder bell may be a little too far apart, but that would be easily correctable during the armour build process I suspect due to your use of fibreglass :)

I suspect that you are never going to want me to give feedback again after this! Lol.

Kidney plate observations:

Great to see that you have built the curvature into the buck, can you confirm whether it is there along the vertical access as well?

I have a couple of minor observation which I am sure could be corrected by the armour builder but for completeness (and with my perfection head on again):

2016-11-14 14.14.45_zpsyelgm3on.jpg

The blunting of the bottom corners of the triangle is more pronounced on the SWCE costume than on your plate, also the base of the triangle is slightly above the line of the side details (green lines).

Edit: Having looked at it again ignore the bit about the blunt ends as I think that modifying the level of the base of the triangle will correct that! :)

The other thing is that there seems to be a flat (non-curved) area immediately below the triangle to accommodate the mount for the TD - this one really is being picky as it is easy enough to accommodate this when making the TD mount itself). ;)

The vertical strip which I have circled is not pronounced enough. If you look at the SWCE costume you can see that it is level with the horizontal slates.

The other thing is that the plate with the disc on it looks to be a separate piece that has been added afterwards. It also has a slight curve to it. :)

Following a discussion elsewhere about chest and abdominal armour and how it fits I have noticed that the SWCE abdominal only has 7 horizontal slats. In the photo I posted you can clearly see the last one is fully exposed immediately below the chestplate but the armour does still extend above it a short way :)

If you don't mind Jim, I found another thing in this side by side comparison that may want to be changed. The very top of the center grill above the box only has 7 bars, while yours has 9. It doesn't (as shown in the picture) extend into the chest armor. However, it looks like there is extra plastic behind the grill that goes into the chest armor.

But keep up the good work man! I wish I had the ability to do this stuff!

Thanks for all the input! Below are the revised parts. Re: the ab grills, yup 7 horizontal panels are meant to be exposed. We just added two more to make sure the abs stay under the chest and for taller troopers as well.

Also, do note that we have to make some parts subtly unique to serve as a sort of signature. While we can't really prevent recasting, at least when we see the unique sigs, we'll know if a set was ours or not. That being said, these signatures will be minor, but will also be kept secret for now. :)

TblLN9.jpg

nZsS6G.jpg

fSGG9r.jpg

jHXTS1.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Jim, here my feed backs :

- In brown, the strip look too large compared to the one on the costume.

- In orange, I think there is too many lines on yours. I count only 6 on the costume.

- In white, it might just be an optical illusion, but i found the corners too angular. On the costume, corners look more rounded.

- In red, on the costume, the nose part doesn't come to the lower edge. ( I don't know how to clearly explain what i think, I hope someone will understand what i mean. )

- In green, I think the upper line is too high. It looks to be a little bit lower on the costume. I've no side view picture but what I've seen at London, corners was more rounded.

- In purple, the strip's end look not aligned on the lower part of the helmet. The strip have a thickness.

Hope this will help you to make it better. Nice work Jim ! Following this.

ek03.png

jnlt.png

• Like 1

Looking good Jim! I think with the addition of the details Darman put you're going to be doing pretty awesome!

One thing I've started to notice is the lower end isn't solid. See the red oval Darman drew. On the right side you can see how the under area is't solid but rather cut out. I'm going to have to see about modifying mine to allow for this as well, mins is solid and I think most peoples are solid.

It will certainly allow to get the helmet on easier.

Looking good Jim! I think with the addition of the details Darman put you're going to be doing pretty awesome!

One thing I've started to notice is the lower end isn't solid. See the red oval Darman drew. On the right side you can see how the under area is't solid but rather cut out. I'm going to have to see about modifying mine to allow for this as well, mins is solid and I think most peoples are solid.

It will certainly allow to get the helmet on easier.

For casting purposes that area has to be filled in though.

Updates:

Thighs:

xnkhxS.jpg

1ss91m.jpg

ZqMYbi.jpg

O5RSPy.jpg

Mi71se.jpg

736vg9.jpg

Bicep: (detail lines will be made a bit wider)

2svheX.jpg

EKZTLU.jpg

fSNHHq.jpg

KJ7pnh.jpg

Helmet:

KeBgmV.jpg

• Like 3