Ukswrath's Anovos Shadow Stormtrooper Build

Hello Tony,

I know you haven't gotten there yet but on the Helmet, all the Anovos ones I have seen arriving on Facebook and even the shots of theirs on display do not appear to have tube stripes. Does yours have them or are we going to have to add them per the CRL?

I'll have to take another look at mine. Didn't pay attention to that when I unboxed it to be honest. CRL does require it so if they're not there it will certainly bet getting some.

I feel the first thing we should all do is complain to Anovos as all their pictures show them on the helmets and let them respond.

Luckilly mine hasn't arrived yet so I have time to see how Tony does it. Still reading his OTTK build as I am working on mine. Thanks again Tony :icon_bow:

I feel the first thing we should all do is complain to Anovos as all their pictures show them on the helmets and let them respond.

Luckilly mine hasn't arrived yet so I have time to see how Tony does it. Still reading his OTTK build as I am working on mine. Thanks again Tony :icon_bow:

Good luck with getting Anovos to update anything. We, the FISD staff came up with and sent Anovos a list of HIGHLY recommended updates needed to the OTTK, so far we've only seen updated is the belt and some of the armor pulls looking better. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Thanks for the kudos BTW, but really, I'm just another builder lol

• Like 1

Tube stripes are always to be black, preferably flat black to stand in contrast to the gloss of the helmet. The tears and traps can be either black or gray, but they should match each other. In other words, tears and traps are either all black or all gray.

Can someone confirm if the traps, tears and tube stripes are to be the same color?

According to the CRL, the Traps and Tears can be either black or gray. The tube stripes are black so the 3 do not necessarily have to match. I believe one color choice applies only to Traps and Tears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little update. I jumped ahead on the tube stripes because I know there's many following this and may be interested to see. I'll elaborate in detail later but in a nut shell I used TK tube stripe templates from TrooperBay and Testers 1149 flat black (as Todd suggested) and here's the results. For those who don't want to wait and see if Anovos will supply the decals, painting is just as easy IMHO.

Trooperbay https://trooperbay.c...sking-templates

IMG_8532.jpgIMG_8528.jpg

• Like 6