Stealth Trooper for my Sister

Oh, that is not painted, is just dirty. I touched it with dust from when when I cut off the lenses and did not cleaned it for the picture, the flash brings it up. :down:

Give me a second.

Smile!!!! :woot:

There!!

DSC02768.jpg

DSC02770.jpg

Very nice man. I actually bought some paint from the autoparts store. highgloss, but meant for roll bars so it's supposed to be durable. If it doesn't work, I might just sand and then try getting it painted at body shop. I know other troopers that have done that. I really want it done by SDCC, but I don't know if that will happen.

Thanks!

A friend here did that with his Baron Fel, and it looks awesome. It costs a little bit of $$$$, but if you have it, I guess that is the best thing you can do. The thing looks as if it was wet all the time, just perfect! and Our CO did the same thing with his Vader Lid, and the results are beyond expectations.

Time for some oupdates.

Yesterday, I could dedicate a strong 4 hours to this project, so I got a lot of things done!!!! :dancing-trooper:

Here are some pics.

You need to have a radio, why, because putting together a TX with 80's music on the background is just cool. Even if it is a POC like mine!! lol.

DSC02787.jpg

No to the serious stuff.

This is what I use for cutting, thanks to my loving wife!!!!

DSC02783.jpg

Tip: When cutting, try to cut from the inside, it usually will have lines you can use to follow while cutting, it will save you a lot of time since when the vacuum finishes, it leaves marks for us to use. Scootch's armor is super easy to cut.

DSC02786.jpg

Sanding, like I said, the best sand paper is the one you have to wet before using. I had to sand this part because I scratched it by mistake.

DSC02790.jpg

Sand and round the edges when done, make sure you remove all those nasty spikes that are left before you start painting.

DSC02788.jpg

Don't panic!!!! If it is your first time using this sort of tools, I guess it would be good to know that because of the rotation applied to the plastic, it will actually burn just as much plastic as it is cutting, and this is fine, all that stuff can be removed by hand or by using a cutting tool, not with the edge, but using it sideways, kind of like scratching it, if you use the edge, it might slip and cut where you do not want to, the rest can be removed by using sand paper or even your fingers.

Things to keep in mind.

Use glasses and something to cover your mouth, this thing shoots out lots of pieces of plastic, small, but very hot!!!! and you do not want that in your eyes, and I assure you, the first 100 will land right there....

Another thing to keep in mind while using this tool for cutting, it is very precise, but the disks actually sands while cutting so, try to twist it, very slightly, away from the armor, if you do it the other way, it will cut over the line you are following and it will look uneven, it takes a little practice, so if you want to break some eggs first for this omelet, grab some plastic and trace circles, triangles and such on it and practice there, if not, you better call IZ and ask him for his hammer.

This is how it looks like while you cut.

DSC02782.jpg

I like hot glue, besides other things I use, but with everything you are gluing you need to know how this things work, a best practice is to scratch the surface where you are applying whatever glue you are using, this creates and uneven surface for the glue to stick too and guarantees it will last longer against bumps and things like that. I did it to the thermal before attaching the parts.

Here is how I looks like.

DSC02796.jpg

Thermal End Caps.

You will probable need to cut these too, so what I did was to use tape to create an even circle, the hardest things for me is to cut round things, but this helps by giving you a line to follow.

DSC02792.jpg

DSC02795.jpg

Finished Parts, all they need is some cleaning, and a little wax.

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02802.jpg

DSC02799.jpg

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

The misty look is due to the paint particles floating around, so wear your mask.

I am off to hunt for some parts I need, so I should have some new pics to share soon.

Hope you like the progress so far!!

Tip : if youre spraying gloss black and get matt patches appear let it dry and use a soft car polish to buff it NOT T-CUT - i repeat NOT T-CUT something like MER should get rid of them and help to shine up the rest of the paintwork ! :thumbsup: