My adventures with Ol' Sparky

Looking so good. I know you worked so hard on this costume and it paid off. Can't wait to get a trading card and don't forget to check out the imperial dragons program. ;) so cool.

As soon as I have an opportunity to get some better photos, I'll be working on cards. My approval pics have a few suit up oopsies that I'd rather not be seen in a trading card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
On 4/30/2017 at 5:10 PM, Darth Pleatsalot said:

e1f342df0a7facbcf3d54f229e49b5bd.jpg

Hi brother! Hope you don't mind me bugging you for details, but your WIP is a vital piece of information for my own build, I appreciate the time and effort put into it as I am a vivid WIP person myself......

Can I "simply" ask you:

1. What diamater you have used for this pipe? I was looking at either 25mm (1") or 32mm (1-1/4″), with the latter most likely being too big.

2: What height the central pieces are from top to bottom? Just roughly and only if possible.

Thanks!!!

Hi brother! Hope you don't mind me bugging you for details, but your WIP is a vital piece of information for my own build, I appreciate the time and effort put into it as I am a vivid WIP person myself......

Can I "simply" ask you:
1. What diamater you have used for this pipe? I was looking at either 25mm (1") or 32mm (1-1/4″), with the latter most likely being too big.
2: What height the central pieces are from top to bottom? Just roughly and only if possible.
Thanks!!!

No worries. You aren’t bugging me at all. I love helping others with their builds. The pipe in the photo is a 1-1/4” pvc pipe. The next piece that will slide into it for the “handles” is a 1” piece.

I will have to unpack the pack to get more measurements. What central piece are you referring to? So that I measure the right piece.

Hi John, thanks for your answer, be warned, here go the questions bud hahahahahaha - I appreciate your time! Some of the questions below are plain basic and you do not have to answer, I can work around them after 11 builds, but now that I have you ;)

I have all of MLC's pack measurements and they are smaller and wouldn't look good on someone my size.

qM2o41z.jpg

Green: What are those? I get the 1" pipe, just not sure about the round pieces, can cut them out of 1-1/4" :)

Blue: Length of 6" tube NO caps.

Red: Length of 4" tube NO caps.

Orange: diameter or circumference of the red thingy holes with the leds. Again, only if possible, I can free style if not.

Purple: just the approx length of that piece from the middle edge to the first bend.

Dark Blue: Height of the central piece including top and bottom panels.

I am just asking all of this to make sure I am on track with my measurements and that my pack will be very similar to yours, don't want to put all the work in and get it rejected by my GML.

Again, a lot of questions and requests, I appreaciate any help you can offer bro!

Hi John, thanks for your answer, be warned, here go the questions bud hahahahahaha - I appreciate your time! Some of the questions below are plain basic and you do not have to answer, I can work around them after 11 builds, but now that I have you [emoji6]
I have all of MLC's pack measurements and they are smaller and wouldn't look good on someone my size.

qM2o41z.jpg

Green: What are those? I get the 1" pipe, just not sure about the round pieces, can cut them out of 1-1/4" [emoji4]
Blue: Length of 6" tube NO caps.
Red: Length of 4" tube NO caps.
Orange: diameter or circumference of the red thingy holes with the leds. Again, only if possible, I can free style if not.
Purple: just the approx length of that piece from the middle edge to the first bend.
Dark Blue: Height of the central piece including top and bottom panels.

I am just asking all of this to make sure I am on track with my measurements and that my pack will be very similar to yours, don't want to put all the work in and get it rejected by my GML.
Again, a lot of questions and requests, I appreaciate any help you can offer bro!

I finally had the chance to get my hands on an MLC pack last weekend. It’s very very tiny.

I’m getting measurements now, and will actually provide photos. I’ll even use the metric side of the measuring tape, so you can skip the step of having to convert.

I will want you, my pack is big for me. Based on your height, it may be perfect for you. Fortunately, the crl does not specify measurements, so I was able to pass based on that.

I really flew by the seat of my pants throughout this whole build, and literally guessed at all the measurements as I was making it. So I make no claims that these are what they should be. For example, I found random circular shaped objects in my garage that looked proportionate to use as stencils for the holes on the domes.

So, enough chit chatting. I’m going to go measure and take photos and post them in the next comment.

You just made my weekend brother! Thanks for your time and for your answers, I honestly and truely appreciate this - when I joined in 2016, and after 11 approved costumes, my WIPS have gradually become more and more detailed at the Spanish Garrison and I firmly believe that helping others is the only way to keep this hobby alive!

The MLC pack is very small, my tubes were originally cut to match theirs and just look at it, it's extremely small for my body size (obviously I am talking about me at 6.2-6.3 in boots).

You can see how short they look:......

mZS22WU.jpg

I was reading a UK brother's thread and he stated 700mm total, so luckily, I cut the long tubes last night at 550mm, so very similar to yours. The rest of the measurements give me a fantastic idea on where mine will be more or less. 

Once again, thank you! I'll be back (Arnie, 1984)

• Like 1
You just made my weekend brother! Thanks for your time and for your answers, I honestly and truely appreciate this - when I joined in 2016, and after 11 approved costumes, my WIPS have gradually become more and more detailed at the Spanish Garrison and I firmly believe that helping others is the only way to keep this hobby alive!
The MLC pack is very small, my tubes were originally cut to match theirs and just look at it, it's extremely small for my body size (obviously I am talking about me at 6.2-6.3 in boots).
You can see how short they look:......

mZS22WU.jpg

I was reading a UK brother's thread and he stated 700mm total, so luckily, I cut the long tubes last night at 550mm, so very similar to yours. The rest of the measurements give me a fantastic idea on where mine will be more or less. 
Once again, thank you! I'll be back (Arnie, 1984)

I’m happy to help. I wouldn’t have been able to do any of what I have done without others who have helped me, so I firmly believe in paying it forward by helping anyone else that needs it. That’s why I’m also an advisor in my garrison’s academy. I love helping the new people get their costumes built so they can join.

• 9 months later...

Hi John, me again :)

Some questions about the 4 leds.

1. I could be wrong, but I believe they are all interconnected, so how did you get the cables through the tanks? I was thinking about 2 independant set-ups.

2. How do you access the battery pack to change the batteries? My caps are designed to be glued on, and was thinking about adding a hinge opening or simply cutting out a square at the back as no one can see.

3. Once leds are in place, how did yout cover the cap holes through which the light shines?ç

Thanks for your patience and support Trooper!

3 minutes ago, Yiyo said:

Hi John, me again :)

Some questions about the 4 leds.

1. I could be wrong, but I believe they are all interconnected, so how did you get the cables through the tanks? I was thinking about 2 independant set-ups.

2. How do you access the battery pack to change the batteries? My caps are designed to be glued on, and was thinking about adding a hinge opening or simply cutting out a square at the back as no one can see.

3. Once leds are in place, how did yout cover the cap holes through which the light shines?ç

Thanks for your patience and support Trooper!

I think he has the battery in the small box. 

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0qEnGoOjzOmSdnspX7aZdEOOQ

• 3 weeks later...

Darth Pleatsalot! 

Wow absolutely amazing build! I'm about to start my journey on this and I was wondering if you could measure a part of the D93 Incinerator for me so I can scale mine correctly.

The Part I need measured is the height and width of the D-93 Incinerators muzzle - the part right at the front that holds the pipes together.

muzzel.jpg

• 2 weeks later...