Imperial SuperCommandos

23 minutes ago, Raider said:

@MrShadow Great to have you back in on this.  You must be a mind reader because it was on my agenda to reach out and see where this was at.

Regarding the Force Arena model...you have 360 references.  I don't see why it wouldn't be approvable.  I would need to speak to the LMOs to see if we should launch it as it's own separate CRL from the animated Rebels version or if it would be a tabbed version under the same CRL. Either way...I think you would be clear.  Any reference of the weaponry used?

Additionally, do you know if Gar Saxon and any other commandos are in the game that you could find references for?

What a coincidence ?

Then I'm off to make the model. As a matter of fact, I do have references for those.

ZAV2mwC.png

vmxUAbl.pngvEMIrsv.pngdoVzaBH.pngry5w6uZ.png

• Thanks 1

@Raider I am, mostly because I am 5'7" and Saxon is pretty tall. I know the Legion doesn't have a problem with that, but I don't like to wear armor for named characters that are way off my complexion or height.

Yes, Saxon also comes with the helmet. It's basically the same as the grunt, with the paint job seen in rebels. Here he is

CggZVO7.png

Edited by MrShadow
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to call in @Fivezero to help w/ feedback on the 3D models...he's waaaay more knowledgeable on that than me (not hard...I have zero experience in it lol).

Excellent work!

Is it safe to say you're starting from scratch on this?  LMOs are deciding if they want me to tab this under the same CRL as the Rebels version or create a new CRL...this feels like a a more "realistic" version.

On Gar...interesting, no balaclava.  The jumpsuit appears to have texture.  Can you grab a closeup of the grunt so we can see if there's texture there?

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Raider I'll be waiting for his feedback.

46 minutes ago, Raider said:

Is it safe to say you're starting from scratch on this?  LMOs are deciding if they want me to tab this under the same CRL as the Rebels version or create a new CRL...this feels like a a more "realistic" version.

On Gar...interesting, no balaclava.  The jumpsuit appears to have texture.  Can you grab a closeup of the grunt so we can see if there's texture there?

I am, kind of. Since I had the base mesh of the game, I used that as a rough start. But I had to do a lot afterwards. 

This is the texture map for the model, so it won't get more detailed than that. Hope it helps

ZIGE0SN.pngOkTWtZM.png

• Thanks 1

Honestly, I don't have much to say! That chest plate looks great! :duim: I was going to suggest grabbing the 3D model/textures from the game to use as reference as that's what I do,  but looks like you are way ahead of me and already have it. So keep on modeling!

I'm assuming you will be 3D printing the armor? If so, if you need help preparing the models, I would be happy to help out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Greetings, all. 

I had started this build last year but life got in the way, then when I got back to it was told that Gar Saxon had been assigned to the SpecOps detachment. So here I am! I have made some progress, the helmet is mostly ready and I have the armor pattern laid out and ready to cut on the syntra. The jetpack is being printed this weekend and I'll finish it this week, and  the soft parts should be ready in about two weeks. I'm only really missing the boots. I'll be posting pictures here as I make progress, I'm really looking forward to finishing this.

I've gone with the Rebels version, everything is attached with magnets to get the "just magically there" look that the armor has. I've even managed to add magnets to his blaster so it just sticks to the thigh armor. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Askara said:

Greetings, all. 

I had started this build last year but life got in the way, then when I got back to it was told that Gar Saxon had been assigned to the SpecOps detachment. So here I am! I have made some progress, the helmet is mostly ready and I have the armor pattern laid out and ready to cut on the syntra. The jetpack is being printed this weekend and I'll finish it this week, and  the soft parts should be ready in about two weeks. I'm only really missing the boots. I'll be posting pictures here as I make progress, I'm really looking forward to finishing this.

I've gone with the Rebels version, everything is attached with magnets to get the "just magically there" look that the armor has. I've even managed to add magnets to his blaster so it just sticks to the thigh armor. 

awesome askara.  look forward to pics.  if you would like, start a thread for your build and we will follow it

• 6 months later...

So... I finally am on vacations again, and modeled again the helmet. This one is for the cartoon version. Any feedback on regards of it's accuracy?

I couldn't find a way to post the video of the turntable, so here's the link to the video in drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HB_Y4hS5pAt14sj4JnsID7INAbwE63Xv/view?usp=sharing

untitled.63.png

• Like 1

@MrShadow  I think it looks really good man!

Take a look at this image.  The "teeth" on the chin appear to be more rounded off at the bottom...maybe even wrapping under the chin.Gar Saxon.png

And in general the helmet face seems to round back (see below) not so much like a standard Mando helmet.

Mando Commandos.jpg

Those are minor suggestions man...you've done well!!!  Will you be abandoning the video game (realistic) version and focusing on a Rebels version?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The teeth look good. I made this side by side for you.  Looks like the dome lines you had before are absent now.  The side by side hopefully shows you the proportions of the bucket a bit. Seems like the screen version is a bit wider and not as tall.  Anyways hope that helps you.

4F543548-F436-4923-9358-256509C5B8DF.jpeg

• 5 months later...

At this point I'm kind of embarrased to keep posting progress over periods of over a year... but hey, worst is nothing.

I think I've improved quite a bit since the last time I posted something, and this is the fully 3D printable armor chest that I recently have been modeling (still a WIP). And I wanted to share with you guys!

rr5OjZv.png

• Like 2
4 hours ago, MrShadow said:

At this point I'm kind of embarrased to keep posting progress over periods of over a year... but hey, worst is nothing.

I think I've improved quite a bit since the last time I posted something, and this is the fully 3D printable armor chest that I recently have been modeling (still a WIP). And I wanted to share with you guys!

rr5OjZv.png

Great to see!  I was just having a discussion about this with LMOs and there was a question posted on main Legion forums about it as well.

Clarify for me...this model appears more based on the realistic Force Arena model...but the helmet discussion we were having was related to the animated version.  Which way are you planning on heading with this?

34 minutes ago, Raider said:

Great to see!  I was just having a discussion about this with LMOs and there was a question posted on main Legion forums about it as well.

Clarify for me...this model appears more based on the realistic Force Arena model...but the helmet discussion we were having was related to the animated version.  Which way are you planning on heading with this?

Yeah, the helmet I made was for the cartoon version.

I plan to finish first the Force Arena version first, it just looks better, and I have more references.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MrShadow said:

Yeah, the helmet I made was for the cartoon version.

I plan to finish first the Force Arena version first, it just looks better, and I have more references.

Gotcha.  Do you have a helmet model for the realistic Force Arena version ready by chance?

P.S.  Don't be embarrassed...glad to see progress.  It would be awesome to be able to help you wrap up the CRL for this before this term ends.

21 hours ago, Raider said:

Gotcha.  Do you have a helmet model for the realistic Force Arena version ready by chance?

P.S.  Don't be embarrassed...glad to see progress.  It would be awesome to be able to help you wrap up the CRL for this before this term ends.

Yes I do! Well... the only detail missing are the teeth.

It should be as accurate as possible, since I modeled it around the original game 3d model.

Z4zxNqF.png

M294It2.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IcyTrooper said:

Nice! Pretty long print time for it?

20+ hours for that part, plus 12 for the dome (printing right now), plus the antennas and the back panel. Overall a little bit over 1Kg

• Like 1