Custom FemMando

A few updates...

Finished the guns weathering and all.

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

The rifle has a detachable barrel that will be attached to the backpack while carried and the base of the rifle will be slung over the right shoulder hanging under the right arm for quick access and concealed by the cape which we have decided will go over the right arm covering most of that side. I am also going to add a leather snap tab to her leather belt to hold the rifle in place under the arm for a quick release. The barrel will also have some type of quick release fabricated for it.

IMG_0744.jpg

The duel pistols will probably be carried on two drop holsters on the side and front of the left thigh since the rifle takes up so much area on the right but that is still yet to be determined.

And all of the armor minus the back and collar have been primed

IMG_0746.jpg

To be honest, I think it looks better upside-down. It seems to match the taper to her back that way and, to me, just looks better.

Yeah it was definately a tough choice but what helped mostly is the fact that the pack was originally some type of toy gun/gauntlet so it has a large metal fist on the inside that cannot be seen. The hand fits into the small of the back of her armor plate very nicely when we used Izzi's suggestion plus the opening is now on top to carry her spotter droid so it works out a little better. Thanks for the input though I appreciate anyone who's interested enough in this project to read and especially to post on it. :thumbsup:

All right got a little work done this evening and yesterday. Got the snaps on all armor parts and created the "monokini" strap system. Once I have good placement on the pieces I will install the female snap pieces to the strap system so all the armor will be mounted prior to even having the vest. Once I have the vest I will install either velcro or more snaps to directly connect the vest to the armor plates for placement fine-tuning when the suit is worn. I'm super excited because it's turning out like I envisioned at this point :thumbsup:

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

Okay, so where'd ya get those revolvers?

-iz

UXcell.com. ten bucks each for all clear plastic with brown handles. I just used silver spray paint and primer to finish em off. I'll shoot them and snap some pics they light up with a spinning light up cylinder and a blue (Bright) led in the scope. Great sound too.

Looking great so far, but...silly question, does the fan on the pack spin? pesonally i think it would make a great visual touch if it did .... but thats just me :rolleyes:

Sadly, I broke the fan blades off on accident. :unsure: I will be replacing the fan at some point and maybe a working one based on taht input it would be pretty cool to add a touch :thumbsup:

Flight suit came in today. Plus, I made the cape a few days ago but never got around to showcasing it. Happy viewing

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

Hopefully I'll have the armor plates on this week but kid's have been sick so not much work done lately :sick:

All right a little work has been done and a spotter droid has been found to help my Mando Sniper wifey in the swift/silent/deadly reduction of Rebel scum around the galaxy. Please forgive the droid's prissy appearance out of box. The matter is being dealt with as we speak :verymad:

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

Quick pics before bed. Duct tape is a quick fix for fitting purposes. Once the vest finally arrives The armor will be affixed to it to hold the positioning in the front without any tape :thumbsup:

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

Nice! Looking good. I have to wonder though... Does your wife have nothing but hair on her head? In all the photos she seems to be missing a face... :teehee: (Can't tell if she actually likes wearing the armor!) Cousin It?

Nice! Looking good. I have to wonder though... Does your wife have nothing but hair on her head? In all the photos she seems to be missing a face... :teehee: (Can't tell if she actually likes wearing the armor!) Cousin It?

Yeah she's a little internet shy that's all. I'm the same way and actually I need to pull my face picture of the forums due to occupational hazard. Don't worry though, in real life I'm one of the good guys :turned:

But I think I can talk her into it at some point. Maybe for the big reveal when I send some approval pics to the Mercs. Either way IZ you'll get to see her face come 4th of July with and without a lid ;)

Couple more WIP pics. Heres the gauntlets. Don't mind the weird yellow glue. THat was from the previous owner. I use E6000 much better adhesive. I will also be bolting on the hinges for extra support.

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

Here's some of the greeblies, switches and such.

IMG_0911.jpg

And here's the painted shoulder and collar covers as well as the silvered knees. I'm gonna use toothpaste as I saw in another thread ( http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=34740.45 ) for the weathering when I gloss black the knees and the gauntlets

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

Here's the repaint on the Spotter Droid

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

Here's the updated concept photos. The long pole thing on the side of the pack is the detachable barrel to the sniper rifle. All the light colored armor pieces will be the "smoke" style paint job.

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

Here's some WIP pics along with the diamond concept. The black portions will be raised.

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

Here's a pic for fun :fett:

IMG_0929.jpg

You can almost see her IZZI :laugh1:

Got some work done today.

Gauntlets and knees painted and battle damaged. It's amazing what a Mando Sniper can do with a little AIM :teehee:

IMG_0955.jpg

Knee damage is based on real life SWAT kneepads. I might dirty up the scratches with some charcoal or something, still debating.

Right gaunt "Grappling hook" piece attached along with greeblies. Not sure what the piece will do yet. in the end may not be GH.

IMG_0956.jpg