Custom FemMando

Got the helmet padding in the mail. It's freakin' sweeeet. Got it from stormrider at TDH. He's thinking of doing a trooper pad kit so if anyone's interested let him know. His quality is second to none and really inexpensive considering the product :thumbsup:

IMG_0967.jpg

Also finished the chest diamond

IMG_0971.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Whew long layoff due to getting ready for LegoLand Troop but I was able to get back on the horse about a week ago and here are the results. All she needs now is a Flight Vest/Neckseal and a helmet. Both items are currently being made, the helmet in the UK by none other than Saz and the Vest/Neckseal by Tforce Fabrications. The helmet is nearing completion while the Vest/Neckseal is totally up in the air due to an investigation into TForce Bleh!!!

The pack also needs to be attached at some point. I'll probably attach it directly to the holster, but the attaching hardware will be concealed under the Pack. Oh and don't mind the Blue tape in the shoulder area. I left it over the velcro for attaching the armor as I will possibly be painting a dark purple logo on the backplate so I didn't want to have paint fouling up my velcro.

Anywho check her out and we welcome any feedback.

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. :thumbsup: I was hoping you could offer suggestions on how to weather the silver. I'm thinking maybe some rust colored spots or a little carbon buildup on the barrel? I've owned a couple of stainless revolvers and they never really got dirty or damaged. My M4 and M16's were always taking dings and scratches to their flat blacked exterior so the sniper rifle was easy to visualize prior to weathering. Thanks again guys :yes:

Awesome. Thanks guys. I was in Vegas over the weekend and ran into a 405th member. His weathering was sweet and he used both the methods Iz and Gho5ty mentioned. When I get back into town it's back to work :)

• 2 weeks later...

Weathered the pistols per suggestion :thumbsup: . Weathering is similar to the pack. side note the pack now is fully attachable and so is the cape. All finished now just waiting for vest/neckseal.

Gave up on Tforce ever coming through. ordered a stand-in vest neckseal from an unlikely source. Should be here today or tomorrow. Once it arrives new pics with full submission photo style sans Lid. I would just like to confirm everything but the lack of a lid is 100% ready for approval before I set this down and wait for the Saz lid to arrive.

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

Two "miracles" happened today courtesy of Paypal Disputes I got a neckseal I ordered for my Nova trooper about 9 months ago and my wife got her vest and neckseal from Tforce. Here's the vest and neckseal, standby for the new pics fully suited up this evening. :thumbsup:

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

Looks awesome brother! However, ya gota get her a bucket so she can quit hiding behind the cap!

Most definately! Saz Krayt lid is being made as we speak. Totally custom jobbie so it may be a few more weeks :thumbsup:

I'm gonna have the neckseal cover on the back extended just slightly by my local seamstress to cover the velcro but other than that and the lid this setup is complete. Time to get on that Nova B)

I've worked with multiple Saz lids (around 7 I think), and the first thing you have to do is fiberglass reinforce the sucker. Use resin and cloth on the inside to make it nice and sturdy. They're beautiful buckets, but they are pretty fragile on their own. Second thing you have to do is take a tool and tap all of the lid (especially the ear and brow sections) and look for air bubbles. If you look for air bubbles before reinforcing it it has the potential to seriously break. When you find one knock a decent sized hole in it and pack it with the 5 minute epoxy putty you can find in the automotive section at Wal-mart. Then you can just sand down the bumps and not have a fear of something coming up later.

-iz

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I know this armor isn't even finished yet but I figured while I wait for the Saz lid to arrive I might as well start working on the upgrade. I bought one piece of 16 gauge steel and started hammering out a chest peice. It's just a start but version 2.0 is going to be sweet. Also since I'm going metal I've decided that 2.0 will have a more traditional legacy look with no gaps but I will maintain the feminine form versus the man pecs seen in the comic.

Side Note: already broke one mallet hammering away :sweat:

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

I've worked with multiple Saz lids (around 7 I think), and the first thing you have to do is fiberglass reinforce the sucker. Use resin and cloth on the inside to make it nice and sturdy. They're beautiful buckets, but they are pretty fragile on their own. Second thing you have to do is take a tool and tap all of the lid (especially the ear and brow sections) and look for air bubbles. If you look for air bubbles before reinforcing it it has the potential to seriously break. When you find one knock a decent sized hole in it and pack it with the 5 minute epoxy putty you can find in the automotive section at Wal-mart. Then you can just sand down the bumps and not have a fear of something coming up later.

-iz

Wow thanks for the heads up Iz Soon as it gets here that'll all be done. :thumbsup:

Still look good. Suggestion for the guns, though they may never show, you can wear down the little nobs on the grips and smooth them with some fine sand paper, then repaint them. It improves that realism just a bit even if you might only see it in holster.