Custom FemMando

• 4 weeks later...

All right, I have been working on something for a little while now and I am finally confident enough in it's appearance to show it off.

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

As you can probably tell I did not measure twice cut once. I measured at least a dozen times and still ended up cutting twice in most areas but it's all right as the areas that have holes, bolts or rivets will all be covered by the time the lid is finished.

I will be adding trim to the brow and the "T" as well as around the back that will be secured with e6000 and the gaps that are left from where the rivets or bolt heads stick out will be filled with either caulk or bondo. I will determine this after some experimentation.

The front bolts will probably just be placeholders until they are replaced with rivets like the rear of the helmet but we'll see. The side bolts will also be hidden after I have dished some earcaps in the same way that I shaped the protrusions on the gauntlets. I will leave a rectangluar lip on both sides of the earcaps then drill holes to match the bolt placement when the "lips" are folded inward creating a box. The earcaps will then be either bolted or riveted.

When I am finished I hope to have a seamless Legacy bucket with all rivets and bolts hidden from view. At this point no earstalks are planned and I am trying to achieve a hybrid of the Legacy V1 and V2 in all metal. :)

Helmet paint complete. I picked up a Shade 5 Visor today at local hardward for $6. I will be installing it tomorrow and should have approval pics up by the weekend. There is one tiny detail I neglected to add till this build was truly complete (minus future upgrades) see if you can catch it in the approval pics ;D

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

Great job Art! I bet your wife is super proud of this costume. My wife is very excited about following in her footsteps.

Great job and I hope to come close w/the armor you have helped us obtain. :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...

Sorry about not posting this before but Van'sa Gratiir was approved on the first App attempt. A few upgrades have been made to the costume since then. The Cape was split in two with one part becoming sort of a scarf and the other streaming down the right shoulder. I also installed a circuit board in the right ear piece that can be seen through grating. In the circuit board I installed a blue led and a pulsing multicolor LED for a cool comm device effect. I'll try posting a video of that soon. Until then Cheers!

100_0515.jpg

Another face picture!? What!?

I kid, I kid. That is looking great Art. We are still going to get together so you can help me form some metal armor. Looks 150% better than so many mandos. Only thing I would say is to dump the orange inside the gun.

Only thing I would say is to dump the orange inside the gun.

I would but that little piece creates a pretty sweet light show when the blaster is fired. It's definately corny when stationary though. :teehee:

• 9 months later...

so i was looking at this thred and later was looking at some con. pic.s and what do i happen to see :D

Ha! that's me and my wifey at Wondercon Anaheim. Already moved on from the tusken though... Someday I'm gonna have ta stick with a costume for longer than six months :sweat:

Fer sure just gotta get some tickets been procrastinating...

I'll be in my Empy most likely and she'll be rocking the FemMando as her Bo Katan is out getting molded for mass production right now :thumbsup: