KSUnole's DT Build Thread

Wow! I'm 6'2 and I went with NE, I can understand.... So your version is not the version with forearm and shins longer, right?

For my TK? AM is made for "bigger" people, but I don't think that means longer too. The shins and the forearms don't seem much longer than normal, but I feel like it's okay.

The DT forearms actually feel shorter than the TK, but I think it's more to do with the biceps shape being different. I'll measure them and find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For my TK? AM is made for "bigger" people, but I don't think that means longer too. The shins and the forearms don't seem much longer than normal, but I feel like it's okay.

The DT forearms actually feel shorter than the TK, but I think it's more to do with the biceps shape being different. I'll measure them and find out.

No no 850 Armor DT, I read some days ago that they made a version for taller people with shins and forearm longer...

Yeah i know AM, my NE is in part derived from AM :thumbsup:

No no 850 Armor DT, I read some days ago that they made a version for taller people with shins and forearm longer...

Yeah i know AM, my NE is in part derived from AM :thumbsup:

The shins are definitely longer (I think by about 3 inches). I'll have to measure the forearms as mentioned.

• 2 months later...

I've modified a lot since my last post. Still need to add some things for basic approval submission, but it's getting there. Changed out the chest and back for the larger version, repainted everything to match, and 3d printed forearms since they are longer and fit me.

Trooped with it last night at the Braves Star Wars night. Need to do something to keep the forearms up higher as well as 3d printing the TD because the one that I have weighs a lot.

273f4ef05d96579ff371babd01145e6a.jpg

5c27096e51ca26b5a996811675f59fce.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome Dustin you have pretty much the same set up as I do for your deathtrooper so if you have any questions on the armor for approval let me know . I just got mine approved with 850 armor kit and I might be the only one so far so there is some mods you will have to do to get it approved so hit me up.😄

• 3 months later...

It's finally official.

After lots of mods and adjusting I am TX-24711. My second 501st approved costume to go along with my TK.

Helmet is KB Props

Armor is a combination of 850 Armor Works and Tom's 3D files

Under Suit is from Jim (Jimmiroquai).

Here is a picture from a couple of months ago at a Con. Still had some minor things to go (like getting the correct blaster). I plan to get better pictures soon.

e776dd80cf21f63bac01537e62a8f38f.jpgd1c5df832ce3d440cd18aa8aa1c648a9.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I also have an 850 kit but I'm having trouble lining up the chest and back armor. How did you do it? Do you have any pics?

They have a lot of pictures on their Facebook page and I believe there is a tutorial somwhere on there. I'm actually in the process of redoing the back, chest, and abs with their newest version. I can try to take pictures as I'm doing it.

Cool thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had the EXACT same issue when I started trimming my kit and sent pics to 850 right away. To their credit, they responded in less than 5 min and pointed me to the album on their FB page that has a step by step guide, and it helped a lot. Also, if you look up "James' Death Trooper Build" he also just put up a series of pictures showing his build as well - he did things slightly different, but the end result was the same.

Good luck!