Magma -Apok

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha Sithári it is a good idea but then I would not be able to troop events like DW2011 in that armour. Also I am on the Redback CS and we are really encouraging all troopers to build and get armour that is not really out there approved. Just look at Tachyon building from scratch his Seatrooper. Amazing stuff. If I need to repaint then I will repaint. Unless the LMO thinks that there can be a weathered version of the Magma. How would I get the pics to the LMO? Do I get Muppet (Redback GML) to send them or can you do it izzi?

You would have to complete it and send it up through your GML. I'm allowed to speak up on the GML boards, but don't really have the authority to post armor applications. I can tell you now that he he'll say that he will allow it IF you provide a reference.

He's pretty solid with that. Many TXs have had to repaint their ab buttons since they didn't have a reference for the colors they used.

-iz

APOK, PM Mr Mupps, he'll be able to let you know as our GML and submit them for consideration. Though it can take a while, been waiting for a few months for the LMOs opinion on my seatrooper helmet and still no response. I ended up just casting it out as it was to get on with the suit.

Thanks izzi. I don't want to complete it only to have to repaint it. It would be a too much of a painful experience. Plus I have to get the colour right before I do the boots. Otherwise they will be too hard to match afterwards and flake like a demon. The only other pic I have seen is the comic book cover. They look 'burnt' but I guess that is not enough haha. I will try talk to Mr Mupps Tach and see what he says. I guess you only learn by asking the question.

Here's the SW mag cover you're referring to right?

ResizeofLumiya_Galaxies_03_01-02_cr.jpg

The problem here, is even though there is black on them, I appears to be more for shading than to achieve a smoldered look. Also, as this is a low detail image, I'm not sure the LMO would accept it. He recently turned down a Novatrooper variation as well for the lack of detail in the pic provided. As I said, you can always try it and present the reference for him to decide, but you need to be willing to repaint if that's the final decision.

-iz

Tach is right, im still waiting on a response for him from the LMO and on another issue for another member.

You just need to copy as close to possible to the references for the character, and go with that.

I'll definitely be repainting if needed. And by the looks of it I will be repainting....GAHHH!! The Redbacks need a 'Red' trooper and they will have one by the end of the month.

Sorry team. Best mate just flew in from NZ. Gonna have to drink beers and catch up for a week. Hope to have the suit at least resanded this week. Repaint next week whilst getting the webbing done. Pauldron is getting made now. Still hope to have it approved by the end of the month.

Alright best mate gone to TSV for a week. Time to start again. Got a third of it resanded. Should start painting again on Thursday. Now that I know the colour scheme (not burnt....sigh) I will just put it all together. Yes I will post some more WIP pics this time. Well back to the sanding. Stay tuned.

Alright best mate gone to TSV for a week. Time to start again. Got a third of it resanded. Should start painting again on Thursday. Now that I know the colour scheme (not burnt....sigh) I will just put it all together. Yes I will post some more WIP pics this time. Well back to the sanding. Stay tuned.

How long is he in TSV for? Im up there next week, there is an AP get-together next monday evening 31st Jan, if he wants to come along.

Oh and have fun sanding :teehee:

Right after much spray painting and then some more the suit is completely repainted. No more burnt look...sad really. Didn't finish til late yesterday so I will take some pics of the armour tomorrow. Work today and work BBQ tonight. Got the boots to colour still but I am preparing them today at work in my breaks. In a couple of days I will do the detials on the helmet and AB buttons when the paint has fully dried and cured. Webbing is getting sewn up early this week then I just need to get a holster. All things going to plan approval pics will be in at the end of the week.

Actually organising a little troop down here in OZ. You may of heard of DW2011? At the pointy end of the organising right now and worrying about pics is a little down on my list at the moment. I have taken some but I have to load then on another computer first as I just got a new computer. Hope to do it tomorrow night. Boots get coloured probably tomorrow as well. Going to spray them red. Couldn't get a dye close enough. They will lst as long as I prep them properly and I did that for my TD boots and they have lasted 3 years with minimal damage. Pics to come....geez you kids are impatient haha.

Well here are some pics of the armour being prepped and painted on my makeshift paint drying area. Hope you are all happy with the pics. Finished suit by the end of the week.....with more pics :lol:

100_0535.jpg

Sanded AB plate ready for painting.

100_0536.jpg

Armour all sanded and minor repairs done. Not the awesome weathered finish that is about to be covered over...sigh!

100_0537.jpg

My makeshift spray booth....area....whatever.

100_0538.jpg

Armour with the sanded and repaired bits painted black to cover up the white that came through

100_0540.jpg

Armour after it has been painted. Nice and red and shiney.

Big thanks to Tachyon for helping post the pics. I will be getting a photobucket lesson later in the week. Gotta have this done so it can be approved before DW2011.