Magma -Apok

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks team. Going to slow down for the next two days but hitting hard agin on Thursday and Friday. Hope to have the approval pics done on Sunday night. DW2011 is taking a massive amount of time at the moment.

You know....you're already a member so you don't necessarily have to have your approval on that costume to troop it as long as it's all in good order.

For the Dreamworld Star Wars weekend troop, only approved costumes can troop. That was one of the conditions we made for this event, to keep the costume standards high.

This also gives our members encouragement, so they have a goal date to aim for, for finishing off costumes.

For the Dreamworld Star Wars weekend troop, only approved costumes can troop. That was one of the conditions we made for this event, to keep the costume standards high.

This also gives our members encouragement, so they have a goal date to aim for, for finishing off costumes.

Ah...Well.. God Speed sir. :salute:

Still got the boots to paint and some minor webbing. Building the helmet today as I finished the painting last night. Thermal det attachment to the belt as well. Fingers crossed it will be finished tonight. Pics are coming but I don't have the time to mess around at the moment.

Right still going the boots to paint, shoulder straps, helmet (tube stripes, bolt together, black stripes on the ears), ab buttons to be attached and buttons painted and that is it. Fingers crossed approval pics on Wed.

Have posted up your pics Adam, looks like your det is still white, will need to paint to grey. Also maybe paint the back of your front belt, where the press stud is, and maybe a little paint inside the helmet. But i dont think these should hold up your approval.

Fingers crosssed Thomas looks over your pics soon.

Ken

Hey Muppet the det tube is grey but due to the flash and the lights in the garage it looks a little whiter than it is. Yep just noted the white bits. Will add the paint to it in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed indeed.

What color gray is the Det tube (It really looks as white as the armor)? If it's a primer gray that could be your problem. The shade of it really should match the gray on the helmet. I use Krylon smoke gray to achieve that.

-iz

It's a dusk grey but I have a neutral grey which I painted the teeth with. Could use that....more taping and painting....NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Will see what the powers that be say.