Turning to the really dark side

Not to discourage you, I would discuss it with your gml, but trim on all the armor pieces isn't allowed on any of the stormtrooper variants, even the original white armor. It's not in the CRL or the pictures in the CRL. I would do some research on removing zap-a-gap...I imagine you can get it off, just may need to do some sanding and polishing after.

I encourage questions at every step. Please don't hesitate.

So in the ROTJ they mention this as a requirement

• A black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip is present around all edge

I looked up what a gasket is

A noun: A shaped piece or ring of rubber or other material sealing the junction between two surfaces in an engine or other deivce

So could he technically keep that rubber trimming given the definition of a gasket and it being a requirement for ROTJ armor?

It can only be on the Chest, Back, Abdomen, Kidney and Posterior Armor only.

I looked at this as a reference

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rotj

Not to discourage you, I would discuss it with your gml, but trim on all the armor pieces isn't allowed on any of the stormtrooper variants, even the original white armor. It's not in the CRL or the pictures in the CRL. I would do some research on removing zap-a-gap...I imagine you can get it off, just may need to do some sanding and polishing after.

I encourage questions at every step. Please don't hesitate.

• Like 1

So in the ROTJ they mention this as a requirement

• A black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip is present around all edge

I looked up what a gasket is

A noun: A shaped piece or ring of rubber or other material sealing the junction between two surfaces in an engine or other deivce

So could he technically keep that rubber trimming given the definition of a gasket and it being a requirement for ROTJ armor?

It can only be on the Chest, Back, Abdomen, Kidney and Posterior Armor only.

I looked at this as a reference

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rotj

You know what Dorothy, you are right. I totally forgot about that. That could be a case for it being allowed. Let me think and dig on it.

• Like 2

Legit

I had no idea what a gasket was so i am glad i looked it up. :) Let me know your thoughts about it. Hopefully its ok so Daniel might change his mind about getting approved as a battle front shadow stormtrooper :P

You know what Dorothy, you are right. I totally forgot about that. That could be a case for it being allowed. Let me think and dig on it.

You guys really motivated me to get approval :thanks: so I have sent my application to the Nordic Garrison (I`m from Sweden) and I will remove the cog, paint the TD and take submission pics tomorrow and send it in and see what happens :smiley-sw013:

And......as I`m going to be a member of the Nordic Garrision I think it`s only proper that I change my forum name to "The Swede" ^_^ If the trim becomes an issue then I will transform to a battlefront trooper...I really worked hard to get the ammo pouches a part of the CRL (very proud of that :)) so I´ll try the shadow-route first...and on the subject, Steve, the belt picture is not updated :P And again, thanks for your support :thanks: :thanks: :icon_bow:

• Like 1

Alright, I figured out why the trim kept sticking in my head as an issue. The ROTJ TK has it, but only on the chest, back, ab, and kidney/posterior armor. From the pics here (hard to tell for sure - maybe it's just the return edge) it looks like it's definitely present on the forearms. Those pieces and anything else not chest, back, ab, and kidney/posterior armor should have the trim removed if it is present.

I'll double check the ammo pic. Thanks!

Yeah I made a note about the location of that for sure in the above post i made somewhere. Yeah i agree it is hard to tell on his armor for sure. It sounds like it would be a real easy fix then if he removes from the places its not supposed to be there so if he really likes the trim he could keep it on the correct places and work on being approved for the battle front version :D

Alright, I figured out why the trim kept sticking in my head as an issue. The ROTJ TK has it, but only on the chest, back, ab, and kidney/posterior armor. From the pics here (hard to tell for sure - maybe it's just the return edge) it looks like it's definitely present on the forearms. Those pieces and anything else not chest, back, ab, and kidney/posterior armor should have the trim removed if it is present.

I'll double check the ammo pic. Thanks!

I`ve been looking at the Battlefront trooper and it`s really cool, I really like the blue tubestripes and the cog on the chest but....I don`t like the fused butt/kidney plate....I disslike it more than I like having the trim.....so tomorrow the knife comes out and the trim comes off :yes:

• Like 1

So..started working in the kit today, painted the TD and got off to a good start

IMG_20170624_160311_zps2mki4u9j.jpg

then started to remove the trim and to my surprise it went easier than I thought with minimum need to use of the knife..

IMG_20170624_160158_zpsdvog5vty.jpg

And now I started to feel kinda stupid...It looks better without the trim.... :wacko:

IMG_20170624_180708_zpsqvgrpbxz.jpg

and finally...having the feeling I jinxed it in the beginning...sure enough I cracked open the coverstrip on the last piece so reglueing at the moment...

IMG_20170624_183919_zpsvvm5wayw.jpg

But...overall I`m very happy I made the effort and I will suit up tomorrow instead :yes:

A big THANK YOU to Dorothy and Steve for the "kick in the but" :thanks::yes: :yes: :salute:

• Like 1

lol oh my gosh that psycho shadow pic is a hot mess lol. I am really happy for you and that the process wasn't all that taxing. Best of luck on your approval I hope it turns out alright for you let us know.

If you ever need help or have questions everyone here is happy to help. :)

• Like 1