Nick's DT WIP

On 7/3/2018 at 3:15 PM, beowshawitz said:

Nick, how is your thigh armor being held up? Are you using a belt underneath? Can you take a picture of that?

Hey Bud! I really apologize as I have not logged onto this site in a LONG time! I would have gotten back to you way earlier. I am guessing you have already finished your kit but just to answer your questions, my paint cost $350 but I used to work for the place that did it. If you're patient though  it's not hard to get a great  paint job using spray paints. My thighs are held on using a belt and garter system. 

Hope this helps! Please forgive my LATE reply! 

Nick,

Thanks for the reply! I'm almost done. I don't have the belt system figured out for the thighs yet. I was thinking a similar belt setup like I used for my TK though. Flat belt around the waist with straps and clips to the thigh parts? Sound doable?

9 hours ago, beowshawitz said:

Nick,

Thanks for the reply! I'm almost done. I don't have the belt system figured out for the thighs yet. I was thinking a similar belt setup like I used for my TK though. Flat belt around the waist with straps and clips to the thigh parts? Sound doable?

The belt and garter system works well for the DT thigh armor. I do recommend that you use 1 1/4" industrial elastic instead of a nylon webbing strap for your drop straps. It allows you to move, keeps the thighs from pulling down on your belt or against the snaps, and returns the thighs back to their original position.

NMnSSoE.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Nick! I’m going to be getting Jim’s kit in soon and I was wondering if you had to prime your armor for the body shop? I don’t know if I’ll have to prime Jim’s kit with filler primer or if the automotive paint will do

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Im also looking at building a death trooper. Just wondering where you got your boots from? I've looked online but haven't been able to find the ones from your photo. Would you have the style name or anything else that could help? Much appreciated :)

• 7 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 12:55 PM, Visrath said:

Hi there,

Im also looking at building a death trooper. Just wondering where you got your boots from? I've looked online but haven't been able to find the ones from your photo. Would you have the style name or anything else that could help? Much appreciated :)

you can get a great pair from Imperial Boots which includes the covers. 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:55 PM, Visrath said:

Hi there,

As Nanotek said in the previous reply, Imperial Boots sells a model called 'KIller' that are the boots along with the spats that are required for them.

You can also track down the screen accurate Doc Marten model called 'Jered' , although they are out of production and can be hard to find. When they are found, they fetch a hefty price. I currently use the Doc Marten model called 'Talib' which are very close to the 'Jered' model, however, they are also out of production. On the bright side, they are easier to find then Jereds.