Carlos's Shadow Scout WIP

Force Crush

I'm so happy! I received my cummerbund today!20170227_165859_zpsea2g6ebj.jpg

20170227_165025_zpsgvhbttz7.jpg

You may be have to adjust the leg width of the flight suit a little bit. ...looks a little bit baggy at the moment ...but this may change with armor and boots on

No problem, thats why we are here for :)

Wait until you have all your armor parts and do the adjustments of the softparts then. You may mention some more adjustments ;)

• Like 1

Great idea and I did just that. It keeps the suit tight where you boots ride. The scout boots don't run tight enough to keep the fabric there taught. I sewed some 1" elastic into each leg and it keep the flight suit looking nice and tight. The first bit of armor I put on after my suit are my knees followed by my boots. I put my knees on and pull the suit tight then put my boots on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did sew elastics at the leg and the sleeve cuffs ...this is such a relief. I think such little updates are a great help for daily trooping.

I agree with Peter, ...putting on the softparts accurately will do a lot to the scout. If everything sits nicely and fits before putting on the armour, you will recognize this imediately. I usualy get help from my guy when dressing up, that helps a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very happy with my boots! Can't wait to buy the armor!

The best thing is unpacking the armor ....still remember unpacking mine. My heart was jumping up and down.

E-6000 is the old faithful because it can be pulled apart later and cleaned off. If you know it will never ever need to come apart again, you can use actually plastic meld, but there are risks there. It essentially melts the plastic together. If you have a strain point that ends up needing to flex a lot, the meld won't give which means the piece may break eventually. With E-6000 it is more likely that the glued pieces will give and separate instead of snapping.

You can use CA glue but as Darth Emphatic said don't use it on pieces that require any level of flexing. It can turn pieces white due to the vapor it gives off when curing so if you do use it make sure to use it in areas where you can't see the bond. For the shadow scout bucket I'm building I'm using plastic epoxy that I got at Home Depot. It sets a bit faster than e6000 but like CA glue its permanent.

• Like 1