Carlos's Shadow Scout WIP

Force Crush

Will this work?

20170326_160226_zpssn93dgnl.jpg

j

Yep that's the stuff I used for my lid. Be sure to scuff up both sides of the locations you are gluing with some sandpaper or fine scotchbrite and clean them with isopropyl alcohol before bonding and give the epoxy and hardener a good mix before applying. Keep in mind once you use this it's permanent so the measure twice cut once rule applies😉

• Like 1

I have all three Carlos, just because i can swop about depending where im trooping the Dlt it huge on me and dont want to knock any kids heads off if the trooping area is a bit confined ...and because im not used to it yet lol

• 1 month later...

Step 1 - buy a Dremel :D. It's one of the most universally useful tools I've ever owned. I use it for all kinds of stuff, not just costuming related. If you have a harbor freight near you, you can get a fairly cheap rotary tool there.

• Like 2

Now is the time to relax and take a deep breath. As you tackle this you're going to want to take it a step at a time and be methodical. It's the measure twice cut once adage. Gather your tools and take it a step at a time and take your time. It's better to ask a question than make an expensive mistake so remember to that we're here for you if you need. Looking forward to seeing you get suited up and approved.

• Like 1

My best tip is to go slow and check the sizing and shape often. I used a drill to get some holes started then lexan scissors for the bulk of it. The next time I do it, I would do more of the shaping with rough (80-100 grit) sand paper (or sand blocks are great for it too). I think I tried to get it too close to the necessary size and shape with the scissors and even with curved scissors it was hard not to miscut anything.

I'm curious about the nub on the back armor. Can you post a top down pic of that? It looks like they added a spot to rivet the tank top without adding the pandatrooper style bracket. That is awesome!

• Like 2