Burns1214 Swamp Trooper Build

Burns1214

Some more boot progress photos. Again just for anyone wondering the tutorial is easily found on the pathfinder detachment website. Feel free to ask any questions. Also if anyone here is attending celebration next week come find me! Ill be sporting this bad boy around. I will be in a borrowed flight suit sinse mine has not arrived still and its a little bigger. I also posted a photo front and back of me with everything minus boots. I know its a little baggy but let me know if everything else is good. Thanks!!18bd28c1a41b1cedbac99b200759d84c.jpgbea34d8ae95446882682f130a5c28922.jpgec3d30106f1b9fec402449b06901f0bd.jpge0c322cc4905fc9830e3e15b5e6e3713.jpg

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Very nice, you look awesome. Here's a random scout tip - always keep your forearm armor over the gloves. Also, do you have a vest? And this is just me, but I would paint the snout to match the dark stripe color on the face plate. That gray is blinding. :P

• Like 1
Very nice, you look awesome. Here's a random scout tip - always keep your forearm armor over the gloves. Also, do you have a vest? And this is just me, but I would paint the snout to match the dark stripe color on the face plate. That gray is blinding. :P

Ok cool that will help with the forearms. No I dont have a vest...It is not anywhere on the CRL so I didn't believe I needed one? I found it odd but didnt question it lol. Ya I am probably going to darken it up a little. Was trying to keep it the same color as the knees and cummerbund but I think you're right with it being too bright. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

Ok cool that will help with the forearms. No I dont have a vest...It is not anywhere on the CRL so I didn't believe I needed one? I found it odd but didnt question it lol. Ya I am probably going to darken it up a little. Was trying to keep it the same color as the knees and cummerbund but I think you're right with it being too bright. Thanks for the feedback!

The vest is not required but would make you look even better, IMHO. ;)

The vest is not required but would make you look even better, IMHO. ;)

Ok well Im glad I didnt miss it or something. I will do some looking around after celebration and see where I can get one.

• Like 1

Ok well Im glad I didnt miss it or something. I will do some looking around after celebration and see where I can get one.

You can get one from Chef or I bet Antje could make you one, too. ;)

• Like 1

You can get one from Chef or I bet Antje could make you one, too. ;)

Do you know if the vest is required for level 2 as well even though its not on the CRL? Chef put up something about it on 2015 but I havent seen anything else. Was just curious sinse that it the end goal as well and for anyone else that ever does this build.

Do you know if the vest is required for level 2 as well even though its not on the CRL? Chef put up something about it on 2015 but I havent seen anything else. Was just curious sinse that it the end goal as well and for anyone else that ever does this build.

When we originally did the CRL, it was setup for "Realistic vs Game" versions. The "realistic" was based in the onscreen scout world while the other was based on the Galaxies video game. At some point, the LMO changed it back to just one version. They even edited the model photo to be the scout photo colored green - which I have personally never liked much.

We started here: http://501stspecopsdet.net/_crlsz/Swamptrooper/

And went here too: http://501stspecopsdet.net/_crlsz/Swamptrooper/game.html

• Like 1

Wow thats interesting. I knew about the video game and the "realistic" versions but thats strange. Either way it will get done eventually. Thanks for the info.

Ok so just about done with the boots. Just need to add the dog bone and holster and that'll be it. Got a scout pistol as well! Pics below.

8bb5601a67a918821d46cfe37125b1cd.jpgdd87a7c49e323e9856fb384836061853.jpg0b023d6a0ca36a58576b767340b45235.jpg4d571c49a488708fa4b83385ac5c164f.jpg

Alllll righty everyone. The time has arrived. The boots are done. The submission pictures have been sent. Tomorrow we leave for celebration! Thank you to everyone who has followed this thread and has helped me along the way with this awesome build. Could not have done it without you all. Also, the camera my wife uses gives a weird shadow in the back it's not me moving at light speed! Lol

b1d01957c64be1dc72014a1ff6e4e3c2.jpg0899c498ec824e2f2e83a68509a446cb.jpge8205470eb1c4fa142577d0bd68356db.jpgdf8da40448c7ab0974b0cf25d28d2988.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well in other news my flight suit came in. Of course while we were at celebration lol fits good though. Through thr armor on real quick just to do a test fit. Only thing i didnt put on was the TD. I am going to put some elastic and velcro over the top part of the neck to hide that zipper. Then should be done. Probably wont post again till I get the vest eventually. Thanks!!

5c43dcbe2081feee3f19a3820f1c09ce.jpgf890ec1fcec98757f842e05c039830d6.jpg

Congrats Stephen! If you have a smexy pic of you you'd like me to post up on FB different from your approval photo shoot me a pm. THX!

• Like 1

Congrats Stephen! If you have a smexy pic of you you'd like me to post up on FB different from your approval photo shoot me a pm. THX!

Sure thing! I just took some. Ill shoot a couple over for you!