01Hawk Flametrooper build

I was the one at Chicago. It was the first time I wore it and finished it up in the hotel Friday night. I wore it Saturthalf a day and all day Sunday. It held up well with no major failures .

To get it ready for approval I need to : attach the clear hoses in the back , figure out what to attach them to at the bottom, make the lower tank frame to toilet paper holder thing bracket, fix the strap closure location on the black cylinder things on the thigh ( had to have a quick sew job  done to resolve an issue at the con), put nozzles in the gun tip ( cast ones looked like crap so I’m making new ones), the round part on the side of the gun, the trigger guard on the gun ( was flimsy and broke off ) attach the black handles on the pack in a fashion that won’t destroy the tanks if hit (a lady rammed me as she shoved by me at the con) and maybe trim the side chest armor flaps a bit. 

• Like 2

Post up some pics for us to show off when ur approved.  This costume is a rarity.

Heres one i found of ya.  I think i took one too but it didnt come out as nice.

6242A1C6-3BEC-4863-92E8-17E3016FED44.jpeg

• Like 2

I thought that was you there! I should have stopped and said hi! I heard from my friend however who was able to talk to you that you had a tough run in with a kid and your tanks. Hope it is an easy fix. You looked great and I regretted not bringing mine out! 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Scubacat said:

I heard from my friend however who was able to talk to you that you had a tough run in with a kid and your tanks. Hope it is an easy fix. You looked great and I regretted not bringing mine out! 

Thanks! It was actually and adult lady who rammed me and didn’t even have the courtesy to stop and see if everything was ok. 

The handles on the tanks are my biggest worry. Right now I have them set up that they are the weakest link and will come off if it hard enough. If i mount them tight then the thanks them selves become the weak point 

On 4/25/2019 at 7:00 PM, 01Hawk said:

It was actually and adult lady who rammed me and didn’t even have the courtesy to stop and see if everything was ok. 

That is crazy, I had an adult lady do the same to me. I wonder if by chance it was the same person? She was shouldering into everyone she passed when I watched her walk away. She hit me so hard I though my detonator on my tank trooper came off from the zip ties. I was literally not bumped into by anyone else except her the entire 3 days in costume which was very surprising.