Inferno Squad Special Forces Trooper CRL

I am curious as to the differences between the R1 TIEs and ANH TIEs...I don't remember seeing them in the movie and I can't find any stills online. Also, it looks like only Iden Versio has the indented rectangle on the trident. The ground troop pic in the OP do not have it.

In R1 during the battle at the shield gate there are two close-up shots of a tie pilot in his tie fighter. They are short, so don't blink your eyes too much :laugh1: .

Edit: there he is! (around 01:45:00 in the movie)

BfXlovl.jpg

tB47Qb0.jpg

Cool, thanks guys. I am having trouble finding out what those aerator pieces are in the hose ports of those new stills. No one is responding to their wip pics smh. They were definitely metal so I figured they were a preexisting part, likely automotive but idk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Read the novel. Unless it's been stated someone else on the forums, Gideon Hask wears the ammo Belt Sash and Del Meeko is what everyone is referring to as the "Heavy" Inferno Trooper. It is a shame that no one seems to want to respond to requests on FB about certain pieces they have acquired on their Helmets, etc. There appears to be more than one configuration for the same character i.e. Ground and Tie Pilot version. This is also true for the female protagonist, Iden Versio.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I'm building a Gideon Hask costume and I was curious if there are any updates on the CRL. JRS said that spec ops will be handling the CRL for Gideon so that's why I'm here.

A couple things I noticed in this thread need some attention.

1- Gideon and Del's CRLs need to be swapped. Del has the heavy ammo belt setup and Gideon has the ammo sash.

2. The ammo sash has 5 ammo packs with no buttons. Some people say it's the thigh ammo belt but it looks too small in my opinion. The fabric belt of the sash is not glossy. Probably a canvas.

3. I so far have not seen any pics of Gideon with a thermal detonator. It could easily be made an optional accessory.

4. As Gideon is a SpecOps only kit, the chest box should also be optional

I'll be making a WIP thread here. I'll be happy to help with the CRL as well.

Hey Chris, welcome to spec ops. I won't turn away help on the crl. The game release is the real thing we are waiting on to really try and lock things down. I dont mind it being worked on now, I just know once the game comes out we'll be revisiting everything and it is possible people could start working on the costume before than and now have to make changes. I don't want anyone taking the draft crl as gospel until the game is released and we have nice clear all-angles on the costume.

• Like 1

To echo what the DL has said the CRL that I have created is based off of limited information as nothing is set in stone since the game has not been officially released. I know some people are overly eager but in this situation excersising patience will save a lot of time and for people building the costume a lot of money. Once the official facts are out I can solidify the CRL and people can finally have a accurate and precise guideline on what to do. Until then its just a waiting game but as you can see some folks have started hopefully they wont have to make significant changes when the game is released.

Hey everyone. I'm building a Gideon Hask costume and I was curious if there are any updates on the CRL. JRS said that spec ops will be handling the CRL for Gideon so that's why I'm here.

A couple things I noticed in this thread need some attention.

1- Gideon and Del's CRLs need to be swapped. Del has the heavy ammo belt setup and Gideon has the ammo sash.

2. The ammo sash has 5 ammo packs with no buttons. Some people say it's the thigh ammo belt but it looks too small in my opinion. The fabric belt of the sash is not glossy. Probably a canvas.

3. I so far have not seen any pics of Gideon with a thermal detonator. It could easily be made an optional accessory.

4. As Gideon is a SpecOps only kit, the chest box should also be optional

I'll be making a WIP thread here. I'll be happy to help with the CRL as well.

Also looks like if that's Gideon to the right, no TD on his belt. Makes sense since he's just wearing a black officer belt anyway.

I'm working on the Gideon version myself. If anyone wants a list of parts, this is what I've gotten so far:

Helmet and armor (R1 style) Radu Plucinsky

Chestbox (my ANH TIE already had the red square. Go me.)

Flight Suit Crowprops (embroidered patches from Crowprops, PVC patches from Endor Finders)

Boots Imperial Boots

Gloves Imperial Boots

Bandolier - this has been tricky. I've got two Shadowtrooper ammo belts (Walt's Trooper Factory) to put together with either canvas or elastic, but I have to cut it down to 5 ammo pouches. I've also got a Shadowtrooper knee ammo belt (ATA). It's got 5 ammo pockets, but it looks too small going across the chest. Radu has said he's going to be doing custom ones in rubber as well. Might go with that since it'll fit under the chestbox better.

We still haven't seen how the hoses connect to the helmets yet, too.

Hoping to have everything in hand and ready to go by 11/17. The helmet and the armor are the only question marks right now. The flight suit will be on its way by the end of this week or next week. Everything else is already in my hands.

• Like 1

I just started reading the book and there may be another female character that could be added to the ranks over here as well. I am not far into the book and we have 9days til the game comes out. I know the beta is out so hang tight folks we are getting closer to the point where things will be definite and clear to move forward with solidifying the CRL etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure this line is correct:

"The teeth and vocoder are painted the same dark, gun metal grey as the mohawk"

In this picture the teeth and vocoder definitely look to be a black color. Teeth look the same color/finish as the rest of the helmet and the vocoder looks to be a satin/matte black. Hard to see the mohawk, but every other photo shows it to clearly be a dark grey/gunmetal color.

PBM5sml.jpg

You can see in this picture that the mohawk is a lighter color. It looks like the mohawk is a grey/gun metal color, and the teeth and vocoder are a satin/matte black finish, similar to how the vocoder is on regular Stormtroopers. If anything, I could see the teeth being the same color as the mohawk, but would definitely have to be a dark gun metal. No pictures show the teeth being a light color like how the mohawk is seen.

AObULgv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm looking at the Gideon Hask build as well and thought I'd post a few measurements on his bandolier. I've done this with several different screen shots and always get essentially the same measurements.

iEPIiQg.jpg

q0sVcO8.jpg

I've done the ratio based on the original CRL belt for TIE pilots/officers at 2", and also averaged between the smallest and largest sizes mentioned at 2.5"

Taking measurements off of my TK:

The waist ammo belt on the TK is 3 5/8 (3.62" or 9.2cm)

The thigh ammo belt is 2 5/16 (2.3125" or 5.9cm)

You can see that with either TIE/Officer belt size we're smaller than a standard TK waist ammo belt and larger than thigh ammo belt.

The ONLY way I can make the bandolier fit existing TK dimensions is if we assume that Hask's waist belt is 2.75" wide, then we net 3.69" for the bandolier, which is just about right for a TK waist ammo belt.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

BTW since this is going to be a TI/TX joint effort and i noticed that in the CRL databank some stuff has been posted. Where are we with that because not going to lie have not been paying too much attention to this lol?

Great info and thanks for the work

Glad to do it. In fact I've broken out the full metrics for the bandolier ammo packs.

UUA7nbn.jpg

Which yields an ammo pack of 13" long by 2.6875" wide ( 2 11/16")

ZgBaCfJ.jpg

And when we overlay that back on the original image scaled to the original length metric (bright pink) we get this

RIXmrqY.jpg

Which I consider a "Win" given that it's "real life" modeled in a video game.

Thoughts?

Just a quick note, both draft CRL's here have the description for an ANH E-11 blaster but the blasters being used by Inferno Squad are actually RotJ versions (which is kinda weird considering that everything else is R1 style).

I can post some pics later if needed.

post-1556-0-50848500-1510114154_thumb.jpg

This one clearly shows the RotJ details, no hengstler or power cylinders along with RotJ specific greeblies, scope and scope rail, also the U channels on the barrel rather than T track.

These two also show the RotJ version of the blaster as well.

post-1556-0-14715100-1510114169_thumb.jpg

post-1556-0-87907400-1510114185_thumb.jpg

Hope these help :)

• Like 2

Yeup and those are clear pictures that show the details perfectly. Thank you for finding and posting those. :D

I actually updated the CRL in progress with the updates to the pew pews only since everyone else's "recommendations" I am not convinced about. Plus still waiting for the game.

Also as an FYI JRS has taken Iden along with Gideon so we will be working on the Seyn and Del CRL's instead.

Del Meeko Help:

Belt area which has a lot of pouches etc

Other large pew pew

Does he have: thermal detonator, code cylinders?

Anything else that might have been missed from the CRL which is located on the first page of this thread.

Seyn Marana Help

All of her information is book related so check things over see if there where anything missed.

We have a bit more liberty unless she shows up in the game

Once we can get a solidified on both these will be ready for upload and we can post the official links here :D