Force Unleashed Jumptrooper Build!

Didn't use it on this build (yet :P). But I used Angelus Paint on my TFU Shadow boots. Very impressed with it, going to redo the Jumptrooper boots once the CRL is live. Also get some acetone to take any existing finish off the boots (be very aggressive here).

NlqBYzO.jpg

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Wow, been a minute... What's up Spec Ops, Fivezero checking back in...

Got busy with the military vehicle hobby, actually had shows this year! And there were a LOT to go to (, but everything's done until next summer.... Had the cannon out for it's first show too...

nSFYvVc.jpg

4Fp9xHK.jpg

And spent a few weekends working on my Chevelle too :)

bRDK79X.jpg

So anyway that's the summary of where I've been and why I haven't been working on armor... well not working on 501st related armor...

So I finally dug back into the Jumptrooper build this past weekend. Mainly had a lot of little things to wrap up so that it can actually be worn (not just cobbled together for CRL pictures). Lots of finalizing connections for parts and what not.

Big things were I printed out these magnet adapters for the chest hose. Had to attach the pouches to the belt permanently and then attach the belt straight to the ab plate.

fG1lO8Z.jpg

daV5ifW.jpg?1

5aBBg9S.jpg?2

This is me testing out the hose connections and taking some pics to see how it looked. Must have hit something on my phone as I didn't intend for it to look like this... Thought it looked neat. :P

hejoQsX.jpg

So that's it, getting back on the armor train. All that's left is to permanently attach the kneeplates and that should be it for the Jumptrooper. I've got a local comic con coming up, plan to wear the Jumptrooper there and get the last CRL pics taken. So we're almost there!

Oh yeah been repainting the Shadow Stormtrooper too...

lnsZ1L6.jpg

• Like 2

Ayyy!  My guy!  Your ears must have been itching ?

Nice on all things…close!!!

And here’s a couple shots I took of my friend’s Chevelle at work lol

0FD0E917-BD7F-42DE-8678-63ACF7423A04.thumb.jpeg.e8d25717ecd008153e112603f09aab57.jpeg

DCA09AE4-B795-4F3D-B7F4-586E43355228.thumb.jpeg.75f5e04f584f0cec83b64353aacd064e.jpeg

• Like 2

Hey thanks guys! Yep definitely been itching to get back on this project!

So here's what I got done yesterday. Started off by shaping the kneeplates a little bit and adding a little more curve to them with a heat gun. After that I printed some little blocks to attach them to the shins. Then measured and drilled holes for the bolts and bolted the kneeplates to the shins. Finished it off with some black paint on the back side and foam at the top of the shins.

3ZXT868.jpg

KrWD8Wx.jpg?1

J6MyAkf.jpg?1

6jatyXr.jpg

X8CEzhg.jpg

aoaZDzH.jpg

So that's the last big item for the Jumptrooper... Going to do a test fit this weekend and make any adjustments if needed, but I'm calling it done for now! :teehee: Give me a couple weeks and I'll get the last CRL/approval pictures taken. :duim:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, we're really close now! :teehee:

2pGg3Ct.jpg

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to do a test fit before the troop, but it overall it went well! Very comfortable for a fully armored trooper. As always, have a couple small fitment issues to fix.

The big thing is the jetpack/backplate combo were sitting too high up so the jetpack was angled forward a bit too much. This also made a huge gap between the back and kidney. Simple fix, just adjust the jetpack harness, but this will create a gap between the chest and back plate. So to remedy that I'll make a filler panel to go between the two to keep that "seamless" look.

So I'll get going on the fixes this week and try again for the CRL photos. :duim:

• Like 6

Hey thanks guys! Already plugging away on the fixes. :teehee: I plan on making up new straps for the chest/back tomorrow and might be able to get these extensions painted. Aiming to have it ready for round 2 on CRL pics.

ajcP2qh.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/18/2021 at 5:54 PM, Fivezero said:

Hey thanks guys! Already plugging away on the fixes. :teehee: I plan on making up new straps for the chest/back tomorrow and might be able to get these extensions painted. Aiming to have it ready for round 2 on CRL pics.

ajcP2qh.jpg

Can't wait to see this! I just got both TFU and TFUII on Steam the other day since they were on sale :P 

• 3 months later...

Actually yes I do! But nothing with the armor... Yeah I know the other hobbies kinda took over for a minute. Anyway here's what I've been working on the last few days!

Got a resin 3D printer a few weeks ago and first big project was printing out a new "Rail Detonator" and I'm loving this resin printer, so here's a few pics!

Dg7SMQl.jpg

pWwBNhi.jpg

DDDHfn1.jpg

4HnJSB8.jpg

zVIvsLp.jpg

Again loving this new 3D printer, it saves so much time sanding and filling compared to my FDM printers. So yeah, trying to get this thing together and then I can finish up the last couple things on the armor and then FINALLY get the last pictures that we need taken. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

So the resin parts are fairly strong for the most part. They will take some abuse but not quite like FDM parts. So they're strong, but not quite the same for sure.

I've had some edges get chipped on this blaster just removing supports or bumping it with a file. But outside of dropping it on a concrete floor, it should hold up just fine.

I'll never make armor out of it for sure, and if it was something I really cared about I would probably make a mold and a urethane casting. For making detail parts, it is fantastic (originally why I got mine). This blaster is kind of a test blaster, to see how it holds up, might end up making a mold at some point. Regardless I absolutely recommend grabbing a resin printer if you're thinking about it.

I found a great mic tip file on cgtrader, and here it is right out of the printer, ready for paint.

sBZN13B.jpg

• Like 3

I forgot to mention that we have pics for the following already edited for the CRL:

• Helmet
  • Shoulder Bells
  • Biceps
  • Forearms
  • Hand Plates
  • Shoulder Straps
  • Chest
  • Abdomen
  • Back
  • Jetpack
  • Belt
  • Kidney/Butt
  • Thighs
  • Shins
  • Boots

I think all we'll need is the stuff for the front/back and any gallery images.

• Like 1

Thanks guys and thanks @IcyTrooper for that list! Matches what I have so once I get the last couple things finished on the armor I'll get those taken.

So here's the progress on the rail detonator. Sanded everything smooth then proceeded to work on blending the stock with the rest of the blaster. Lots of sanding and filling as always. Finally glued the grip panels on as well. A couple small spots still left to sand and it's ready for more primer and I hope to get some paint on it this weekend!

a10ssFH.jpg

mySN9C7.jpg

Op6xDZt.jpg

Like I mentioned, I'm trying to get this done at the same time as the armor and we can call the CRL complete. After I spray the paint base coat, I plan on digging the armor out to wrap that up while the paint dries/cures. And then do the detail painting on the blaster after the armor is done. :teehee:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So here's an update on the blaster, just about done now! So I finished up the last little spots and gave it a few more coats of flat black.

After the paint had some time to cure, I then "polished" it a bit with a rag. The paint is still flat but has a nice shine on the high spots and edges. Makes the details pop out a bit more. After that I gave it a quick weathering pass and then painted all the details with some metallic silver. After that I painted the scope with the same silver to mimic the look from the game. Only thing left now is to throw some clear UV resin on the scope.

mEyhHaE.jpg

SBloKRJ.jpg

ENpT2si.jpg

HbeaRK3.jpg

erds9vr.jpg

This week I plan to do some paint experiments to mimic the red lighting on the front of the weapon. If it works out, I'll paint this thing. Otherwise I plan to leave it as is. I will probably end up making a revised 3D model of this thing at some point, so I can stuff some lights in the front. Anyway, plan is to have the Jumptrooper finished up next weekend!:thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 12:43 PM, Fivezero said:

So here's an update on the blaster, just about done now! So I finished up the last little spots and gave it a few more coats of flat black.

After the paint had some time to cure, I then "polished" it a bit with a rag. The paint is still flat but has a nice shine on the high spots and edges. Makes the details pop out a bit more. After that I gave it a quick weathering pass and then painted all the details with some metallic silver. After that I painted the scope with the same silver to mimic the look from the game. Only thing left now is to throw some clear UV resin on the scope.

mEyhHaE.jpg

SBloKRJ.jpg

ENpT2si.jpg

HbeaRK3.jpg

erds9vr.jpg

This week I plan to do some paint experiments to mimic the red lighting on the front of the weapon. If it works out, I'll paint this thing. Otherwise I plan to leave it as is. I will probably end up making a revised 3D model of this thing at some point, so I can stuff some lights in the front. Anyway, plan is to have the Jumptrooper finished up next weekend!:thumbsup:

Looks amazing! I went so freaking far behind on things myself. Started to canabalize things though so I am starting.